Christina Aguilera Will Return To ‘The Voice’ Next Season & Replace Shakira

Tue, May 14, 2013 9:27am EDT by 157 Comments
Christina Aguilera Returns The Voice
Courtesy NBC

Jay23

Posted at 1:42 AM on April 2, 2014

Shakira sucks as a judge. Stupid decisions prove those hips do lie.

Esther Reyburn

Posted at 1:33 PM on November 5, 2013

I only watched season 4 because Shakira was on it. 10 minutes of Christina in previous seasons was all I could bear. It was obvious and astonishing how the host kept cutting off Shakira’s comments and repeatedly ignored her all together. The only reason why The Voice beat American Idol was because Shakira was on it. Aguilera never did that. If the ratings did decrease over the season as a previous comment stated, it was because the viewers wanted to see more of Shakira and they never let Shakira cut loose. Aguilera has nothing on Shakira, not musically and not as a human being. That said, if it is a choice between seeing Shakira on the Voice or her carrying on with her music career, I’ll take the new album and tour any day! Good-bye to the Voice.

Joe

Posted at 10:25 PM on December 19, 2013

I loved watching Shakira on the Voice, but lately I hated it because they didn’t show more of her, but from your point of view I much rather see her on tour, I see you. Shakira has a prolific career and Christina is a flop, I want to hear more from Shakira than watch her on TV, she is very successful and a real human been, I love how she is and Christina will never be shakira, not by a loooooooooooooong chance. She wishes to have her career and to be loved by so many people aorund the globe, Shakira is well known even in places where the sun don’t shine.

Bill

Posted at 11:06 PM on June 6, 2013

I think Shakira has a great chance to win this season with Sasha Allen, and Christina may try to coax the producers into altering the voting results to make sure that Shakira or Usher does NOT win. In 3 seasons with ‘the Voice,” neither Christina nor Ceelo Greene has produced even one winner! As for Christina, I think it is due to the fact that she may have an awesome powerhouse voice on herself, but that doesn’t translate into being a good judge or coach of others. I think Usher is a great coach, for he is working well with the marginally talented Michelle Chamuelle. Ceelo would have no such success with her. Keep Shakira and Usher, and let Christina go open a lemonade stand with Nikki Minaj. LOL.

Beatriz

Posted at 1:36 AM on June 2, 2013

Shakira has WAAAAY better taste in and understanding of music than Christina. Therefore Shakira is undoubtedly a FAAAR more superior coach. Yes, Christina has a big voice and sure talks A LOT about how she can do it better – but that doesn’t translate to her being capable of coaching, mentoring or nurturing talent at the level of Shakira.

gabriel troz

Posted at 10:46 PM on May 22, 2013

KEEP SHAKIRA CHRISTINA IS ANNOYING !!! IM NOT WATCHING THE SHOW WITH CHRISTINA ON IT FOR SURE!

Diego

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 20, 2013

I love Christina Aguilera, and I think it’s ok to intertwine the judges… I don’t feel like Shakira is better than Christina however Christina is THE VOICE of this genration1

D

Posted at 8:00 AM on May 19, 2013

yes yes that’s true..adam and blake aren’t able to treat shakira and usher like the relationship they used to have with christina and cee lo..they are all awkward this season..i hope to see more adamtina moments nxt season <3

Andy

Posted at 12:32 PM on May 19, 2013

I think they are much more natural with Shakira and Usher. Adam and Christina bicker all the time! Plus Christina always picked on Adam’s contestants. Besides, I am not the only one who think that this season’s chemistry between the judges is the best.

gabriel troz

Posted at 10:47 PM on May 22, 2013

i agree

Haley

Posted at 10:47 PM on May 16, 2013

Christina already signed her contract so sheis coming back and christina made the show fun with her wardrobe she would wear and she loves the coaches that’s just the way they talk to each other so I will be berry happy to see christina for season 5

Barbara

Posted at 7:35 PM on May 16, 2013

I like Shakira much better–Aguilera is a drama diva. Shakira is clean cut (Aguilera slutty) and she’s funny. Now, I look forward to Usher leaving. I found him boring with not much of a personality. It’s like he’s even bored with the whole thing. He’s not funny or fun. Is Cee-Lo coming back?

Haley

Posted at 10:53 PM on May 16, 2013

HaCee Lo and christina are both coming back for season 5 christina signed her contract and is getting $17,000 for the season and cee lo said he was coming back to the voice at the end of season 3

Peter

Posted at 8:50 AM on December 19, 2013

Shakira clean cut? I don’t think so. Shakira is a cheap whore, her songs are trash and makes slutty music videos to keep her fame, she’s just some plain hoe with a face of a hypocrite. Aguilera might be a diva but she has an incredible amount of talent, real talent and is gorgeous.

Jay23

Posted at 1:45 AM on April 2, 2014

Right?

Jessica

Posted at 1:25 PM on May 16, 2013

Christina just got a raise to come back because the ratings have been tanking. Read the article that just came out from TVByTheNumbers. Half of this season has had declining ratings. Say what you want about Christina but she’s obviously the reason people tune in. The Latin appeal you talk about with Shakira also extends to Christina. She has a #1 selling single in multiple Latin countries right now. Hoy Tengo Ganas De Ti…. Research before you comment pressed Shakira fans.

Barbara

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 16, 2013

Shakira is a nice, funny, talented person. I find Christina slutty and a real drama diva. Can’t wait to get rid of boring Usher. Hope Cee-Lo returns.

Haley

Posted at 10:56 PM on May 16, 2013

That’s what I’m talking about christina made the show come alive it will eventually be canceled if they keep shakira on it

New

Posted at 8:48 AM on May 17, 2013

I think so too. Shakira is too sweet and boring. What was special and what I loved about the show was not a singning competition, but incredible chemistry between Christina, Adam, Cee-Lo and Blake. It’s all lost this season.

gabriel troz

Posted at 10:49 PM on May 22, 2013

lol christina is nobody !! who cares if she is back i hope she is not

Andy

Posted at 12:43 PM on May 19, 2013

The ratings is not tanking. Even so, it still has a 5.2 average ratings on Monday nights, 4.7 on Tuesday nights. Every telecast of “The Voice” so far this 4th cycle, excluding recap episodes, has won its time period in adults 18-49. Do your research again!