Barbara Walters: I Had Both Of My Ovaries Removed

Tue, May 14, 2013 11:39am EDT by 18 Comments
Barbara Walters Ovaries Removed
Courtesy Of ABC, FameFlynet

Hi there! This is my first visit to your blog!
We are a team of volunteers and starting a new initiative in a community in the same niche.

Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done
a marvellous job!

Rosa

Posted at 8:08 PM on June 3, 2013

Of course having surgery of this magnitude is a trauma on many levels….BUT Angelina had very costly reconstructive cosmetic surgery to reconstruct what was removed…retained the original nipple, etc, etc, therefore not leaving her with the disfigurement others face not wealthy enough to afford the –no doubt–best of the breast reconstruction..so what exactly did Angelina sacrifice in doing the surgery?

Darrell Knox

Posted at 9:30 AM on June 6, 2013

Not leaving the disfigurement you say? As a nurse I have seen the results of the best reconstructions and even when a flap from the abdomen or buttocks is used there is extensive scarring left. There simply is no way of avoiding it. Also the idea that she would have her nipples retained and that if that was done it negates the devastating nature of having a double mastectomy is just silly. For one there is no oncologist that would do a preventative mastectomy and leave any, ANY!! breast tissue. The 5% risk that she was quoted is related to the fact that the best mastectomy surgery still leaves some breast tissue. The nipples are removed in nearly all cases (the only cases where they are not are against doctors advice, only done if the patient will NOT let herself be treated otherwise) The nipple is a complex of nervous tissue and basically amounts to a concentration of the tissues that cancer will attack. Nipples are reconstructed and areolas are tattooed back onto chest skin that is stretched out over months after the mastectomy is performed and reconstruction is performed. The only exceptions are where fatty tissue is explanted from the lower body from abdominal or buttock tissue on the patients side and usually is only done right after the mastectomy. The months of treatment she describes lead me to believe that this was not done. The explanting and transplantation of fatty tissues to reconstruct the breast are done during the mastectomy is done because the patient is already open and it is less traumatic to the body. And the insinuation that the nipple being retained makes her choice an easy one (basically you make it sound like she has all of the sensation and function, like she never had it done in the first place which is pure B.S.) The nerve bundle is severed in nearly 100% of all mastectomies where the nipple is retained. Yes there is some feeling in the tissue after the operation but it would be like a man having his Glans Penis (the tip of the penis which is related closely with the ability to attain an erection and orgasm) severed and reconstructed from other tissues, sure there is feeling, but nothing resembling the original function and feeling before surgery. She has breasts that are implants covered with very thin tissue as opposed to a regular breast augmentation where there is breast tissue between the dermis and implant. Also there is a very dark thick scar across the entire breast post reconstruction. Naysayers and those who say this is a hoax, you should be ashamed of yourselves. It amazes me what idiots say anonymously over the Internet. Say it to her face, or any cancer survivors face and see how long you stay conscious. I hope there is a husband or partner there to knock you out.

www.louboutinpascher.bizEncore là. La demoiselle

Posted at 8:52 AM on May 17, 2013

Barbara Walters Had Ovaries Removed: I Can Relate To Angelina Jolie – Hollywood Life [url=http://inei.me/blog/4751/www-louboutinpascher-bizencore-l%C3%A0-la-demoiselle/]www.louboutinpascher.bizEncore là. La demoiselle[/url%5

ButaLife

Posted at 12:43 AM on May 16, 2013

Barbara Walters Had Ovaries Removed: I Can Relate To Angelina Jolie – Hollywood Life [url=http://butalife.net/blog/400487/getting-along-with-you-christian-louboutin-shoes-elixir-of-love/]ButaLife[/url%5

T

Posted at 8:05 AM on May 15, 2013

But in this country a woman’s sexuality IS “tied up with her breasts.” That’s why she had reconstruction. A more powerful message would have been NOT to get the reconstruction.

abe

Posted at 12:21 PM on May 14, 2013

pfffffff: women have alot of “Dangerous” spots.

Denise

Posted at 12:27 PM on May 14, 2013

No we don’t abe. These two women have just given up their power to the medical machine. I saved my life by doing “The Work” – facing my traumas, addictions and negative programming, changing my diet, my lifestyle and my language. In short – you can heal anything if you are willing to take responsibility for the FACT that we are the product of our choices!

Kerry

Posted at 12:37 AM on May 16, 2013

I take issue with your comment as well as the other negative comments on here. I eat a very healthy, organic diet and avoid processed foods, tobacco and alcohol. I exercise, meditate and use paraben-free products. I did EVERYTHING right, yet I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer at the age of 39. During chemo I found out that I had the BRCA 1 gene and I am now planning to have a double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery because my risk of getting Breast Cancer is 87%. Having to deal with this ticking time-bomb is too much to bear. I am not giving up my “power”. I am fighting to stay alive and live a long, vibrant life.

tronnanette

Posted at 12:03 PM on May 14, 2013

I am so glad she is off of the view. She is spoiled and has had a lot of fun. I do no feel sorry
for her having ovarian cancer. She paid and got healed didn’t she. She has had enough of the good life. I am glad she is off of Television. God save me.

Colleen

Posted at 11:17 AM on May 15, 2013

First of all, she is not “off the view” She is not retiring for another year. Secondly, who are you to make comments on the life she has led? You are no ones judge and if you think you have a right to be you are mistaken. She did not have ovarian cancer, her sister did. Learn how to read before you comment.

Denise

Posted at 12:02 PM on May 14, 2013

WTF? Are we really that deep in denial as a society? We don’t have to cut out body parts to avoid cancer. Cut out refined sugars, GMOs, alcohol, drugs, pollutants, anger, emotional blocks and negative beliefs and you can cure anything! I have a right to say so. I did it naturally – by cleaning up my toxic act – after the medical profession nearly killed me. Our emotional baggage and the toxic lifestyle that it attracts makes us sick. Personal responsibility is the cure but Big Pharma and Big Ag and it’s its manufacturers don’t want us to take control of our addictions – the fallout is too profitable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colleen

Posted at 9:08 PM on May 15, 2013

There is no proof that taking toxins out of your body prevents cancer or other diseases. You are living in a fantasy world if you believe this.

Denise

Posted at 3:19 AM on May 16, 2013

First of all there is plenty of proof that traditional cancer treatment doesn’t work. The AMA admitted that people who get chemotherapy have an 8% greater chance of dying from the disease then those who turned down treatment. Secondly, hit Youtube and see how many thousands of enlightened people cured their cancer with natural methods and are trying to over-come the medical conspiracy that wants to chop people up. And to the woman who said she did everything right and still got cancer, I will boldly beg to differ. I have worked with many dying patients who wanted to try alternative treatments. Only the ones willing to dig really deep and look at their fears and their baggage got well. Diet and lifestyle is the first line of defense but it is our emotions that make us sick. I know many who cut our their cancer and changed their diet but not their mind. They got some other form of cancer.

Rachel

Posted at 9:45 AM on May 16, 2013

No amount of fresh vegetables and meditation is going to heal her GENES. She is genetically predetermined to be likely to get cancer, there is no fixing that. That’s like saying I can change my eye color by becoming vegan. Please do a little research on genetics, you’ll figure it out. And I, btw, was a healthy 33 year old when I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. What did I do wrong? Would Hatha Yoga or deep breathing prevented my cancer? I doubt it.

Denise

Posted at 11:10 AM on May 16, 2013

Lots of people have mutated genes from decades of GMO foods, chemicals and other environmental pollutants. But they don’t all get cancer – just like I never get the flu while surrounded by those infected with it. How you care for your body determines whether your genetic weakness or environmental germs will become a full fledged disease. If it was the gene’s fault then Angie would have a 100% chance of getting cancer, like having blue eyes as you pointed out. But that is not the case, so it can’t be the gene!!!!!

tronnanette

Posted at 11:59 AM on May 14, 2013

She is so spoiled who cares that she had breast cancer. she eats too expansive food anyway.

carly peitel

Posted at 11:46 AM on May 14, 2013

I will be so glad when Ba Ba Walters disappears from the View & actually all of TV!