‘How I Met Your Mother’ Finally Reveals The Mother On Season Finale

Mon, May 13, 2013 9:02pm EST by 82 Comments
HIMYM Mother Revealed
Courtesy of CBS

Air Max 95

Posted at 6:54 AM on July 3, 2013

The extra 15 million years that Nyasasaurus adds to the provenance of dinosaurs suggests that the initial expansion of dinosaurs happened over a longer time frame than previously thought, say the authors. And its origin in Tanzania supports the case for dinosaurs first evolving on what would have been the southern region of the supercontinent Pangaea.Not absolutely ruling out money laundering, RBI plans to take early action against banks whose officials were recently caught on tape in a sting operation willing to indulge in serious violation of banking norms.

Air Max 90

Posted at 8:48 PM on July 2, 2013

Mango

Nike Air Max 95

Posted at 12:31 AM on July 2, 2013

The suspect fired shots at pursuing officers along westbound Interstate 10. After exiting he drove along dirt road in the town of Salome, Fox reports.

Nike Air Max

Posted at 11:32 PM on July 1, 2013

The key to Keynsian economics is to achieve the objective in a way that is sustainable and counters inflationary pressures. There is a way to do this. However, in part because this blog is already too long and in part because I hope to obtain a reputation on the back of it, I shall leave the solution to that for next time.

sorrybro

Posted at 6:48 PM on June 29, 2013

oh no…. nooooooooooooo……. no matter what happens i just want more and more drama and……….. robin as ted’s wife………… :(

TerryBogard

Posted at 5:13 AM on July 1, 2013

And Barney being a womanizer, and Ted being this romantic guy who makes all for Robin but she barely thanks the gestures, and no want kids. And Marshall and Lily being a drunken couple at Mc Larens, yes they will be the same as 8 years ago a Regression please writers.
She even said it to Kevin, she accepts to marry him, but she told him, I will never wanna kids, never, no this year and neither in 100 years, and she was in love with the guy, Ted as i can remember his dream was always have kids, Robin doesn’t want them and never will.
The story is How I Met your mother, and he met her at the wedding of his two best friends.
Also Ted story is based on Carter Bays i dont think Carter Bays dated gorgeous hot models-type girls before met his true love. Ted dating hot girl after hot girl, teach what every people in his journey of his lives learn What is important is what your heart saw. And im gonna quote The little prince
“One sees clearly only with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye” seems people tend to forget it.

Dane

Posted at 10:16 AM on June 29, 2013

So, fans are shallow because they think the mother is not pretty enough? Or is it the show’s fault for setting Ted up with smoking hot girl after smoking hot girl for 8 years, all the while praising the mother as the woman that blows all of Ted’s exes out of the water, only to reveal that the mother is actually this… this cartoon-like lolita-type-girl? I mean, never mind if she’s pretty or not, doesn’t anyone else think it’s weird that she looks 20 at most?

TerryBogard

Posted at 1:59 AM on June 19, 2013

This girl have more charisma and talent on his little finger of toe that all you internet writers have at all. Stop talking crap. Shallow and superficial people, im very sure you all dont have hot girls in your life so stop talking crap about an actress who give all of you 10,000 turns at you, she can sing, she can play piano, guitar, and i dont know what other instruments, she also play on Broadway at theather, what about you?

alyy

Posted at 6:22 PM on June 12, 2013

guys seriously, what planet are you all on!! I think shes soo cute and adorable, and she is beautiful in her own way. I think the point was to make her look different to all the other women that Ted dated. The other women Ted has dated have kind of been more on the ‘sexy’ or ‘hot’ side, but they wanted to show that he fell for someone different than that. I’m also guessing that its more about her personality than her freaking looks, but tbh she has gorgeous big eyes and she looks like a fairy and shes just adorable. She’s beautiful in the non-skanky way basically. So boys, get over it, not everyone’s wife has to have big boobs and cat eyes. I think she is perfect for him.

rick

Posted at 12:59 PM on June 1, 2013

lots of male pigs in here…

Kevster

Posted at 2:28 PM on June 6, 2013

it’s not male pigs….if you follow the series, strong hints suggest his wife blows all the others out of the park. Take a look at the episode when he only glimpses his ankle. Her roommate made her out to be a complete guy magnet. Even if she does showtunes with breakfast foods and paints robots playing sports, and is in a band, it’s nothing that actually makes her otu to be a guy magnet.

TerryBogard

Posted at 6:07 PM on June 19, 2013

That’s your perspective, he never say your mother was the most beautiful woman i’ve ever seen, neither say your mother have a damn hot body like playboy’s bunnies, everytime he refers to his wife it’s about personality and being alike for some stuff.
So bashing a girl because wasn’t fullfilied your standards its so LAME

Danielle

Posted at 10:42 AM on May 24, 2013

Scroll down a bit and “Matt” points out why we’re all scratching our heads. Rachel Bilson’s character who has enough confidence to drink with a professor in his office would not be obsessed with the idea that she’s never as hot as her roommate– Miloti. Guys, as she told Ted, couldn’t possibly pick Miloti over Bilson. Since Rachel was on the show, we all imagined someone even hotter, & I think that’s why most of us just were/are so let down. – Even if we figure that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that, well… she’s beautiful to Ted– Bilson gave us an actual person as someone to use as a measuring device- so comparing her to Miloti and telling us to think of Mliloti as hotter is… well, backwards.
I mean, we were told the wife was hotter than Bilson. If Bilson is a 9, the wife should therefore be …?? Not a 6/7.
Anyway, why lead on the fans? Ted, I think, is average looking– but the girls he pulls are ALWAYS attractive. The least attractive one (unless I’m forgetting someone) is the girl he gets set up with twice in 7 years in “Double Date”- Lindsay Sloane. Ted didn’t settle for her and she and Miloti and glaringly similar.

randi

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 23, 2013

you let us down, the mother is not hot , stacey was hot , robin is hot , but the mother seriously ? shes not cute at all its very disappointing for a series that succesful !

Sung Hei

Posted at 5:16 PM on May 21, 2013

As a fan of this show, I have stuck with Ted’s ups and downs for a full 8 years. Every illogical mistake, every disastrous decision and all of the painful heartbreaks. My love for this show has remained as constant as Barney’s wit and Marshall’s naivety.

So, it is evident that this show cannot disappoint me. However, it is without a doubt that you have let Ted down, and this is what is so unacceptable.

For 8 seasons, the Ted we know has never been a settler. This is the reason why his relationships with Victoria, Zoe, Stella and even Blah Blah eventually resulted in unsatisfactory endings. We never lost faith in him though, because we believed that fate cannot be this cruel to a man like Ted and deny him what he deserves – a woman who is as charming as she is smart, a woman who mirrors all of Ted’s qualities and a woman who undoubtedly will fit into the group as if she’s been there all along.

And then you introduce Cristin as his wife.

As an audience, we will be able to get over this. In 10 years time, who Ted ends up with would no longer be of importance to us. But the thought that Ted has been left with a wife that is unquestionably below his standards after all these years of searching would haunt us forever.

Please think about what you have done, and I hope you reach the conclusion that this was a mistake

Best regards,

World.

Kita

Posted at 5:15 AM on May 17, 2013

Well i was hoping ted’s future wife is summer glau or someone look like her… duh….

Laura Sehkzy (@sehkzychic)

Posted at 8:47 PM on June 1, 2013

well, i was hoping for eliza dushku, but summer would have been great too. summer has an unfortunate history of nearly every show she’s on for more than one episode being canceled quickly (firefly, dollhouse, terminator, the cape, alphas). but since the next season is himym’s last one anyway, i suppose it wouldn’t matter. :)

Kevster

Posted at 2:38 AM on May 17, 2013

I think the disappointment is closer to the guys than girls (even though five of my straight female friends are as dissapointed as I). We been waiting 8 seasons, each hint future Ted gave out was giving the impression she was “perfect” and all that heartbreak is gone because of her.all the girls he dated weren’t crazy beautiful but were attractive enough to make us believe they could be the one for ted.

Its not shallow because the woman looks way off from ted’s kids. Its like the kids got all of the looks from Ted. 8 seasons, and we get a girl who most likely looks the worst of all the past gfs. I mean we started off with ROBIN. A real hottie. And even then exgfs fuch as victoria and stella still seemed like a challenge. We get a girl who looks like Lily and Robin combined (and Lily after pregnancy)

The girls on the other hand are on board. Why? Because they didnt fantisize on ted’s wife, we did. They dont try to visualize the girl that puts all others, including Robin and Stella and Victoria in their place. The one who makes Ted say “hey Robin, i see u as a sister now that i have de 1″. If the genders were reversed and this was “How i Met Your Father” im pretty sure the women would be pretty ticked. Now dont get me wrong she’s “cute” but not “beautiful” and doesnt make us say “you shouldve went for victoria”.

But hey heres hoping this is an all girl band, and this chick is just the drummer and the real Mother is at least 30% more beautiful.

Dickson

Posted at 5:04 PM on May 21, 2013

This is so beautiful, thank you for speaking the minds of millions of men

nefeli

Posted at 2:19 PM on May 23, 2013

I am a girl and I was sooo disappointed with the “wife”! I didn’t fantasize on her, but still I was expecting someone cute like Stella or Victoria.. i mean, come on HIMYM, this what we were waiting for all these years?!!! Please please please I hope it’s not her!

Mary

Posted at 7:39 PM on May 15, 2013

k, she’s not 100% ugly…but couldn’t they have kept the mother up to par with all his past girlfriends. I know it’s shallow, but her teeth absolutely bug me. ICK. Idk if I can watch season 9 until she gets some dental work. Chick has fangs.

Matt

Posted at 11:58 AM on May 15, 2013

How Rachel Bilson could feel “below” this one and envy her like crazy is beyond my comprehension. Putting Bilson as my standard, I always pictured the mother to be “more” than her

pnpJn

Posted at 9:38 PM on May 14, 2013

I think she’s perfect. She’s not drop dead gorgeous or hot but she isn’t like a tramp either. She is the perfect level of cuteness. Kind of has a teenage girl sort-of vibe which is exactly how Ted is too most times – acting immature! She also seems like she will be a nice character next season. Remember all the things Ted has said about her over the years and imagine her being all of that. I think she is a great choice!

andrefogacamata

Posted at 7:46 PM on May 14, 2013

lily + robin = cristin milioti

justme1

Posted at 6:14 PM on May 14, 2013

this girl kill the show for me I was expecting something big a super cute girl for ted not here :S is really DISAPPOINTING! I’ve been watching this show since the very beginning and the creator’s make you have great expectation…and they came out with this… -_____________-

VicB

Posted at 6:38 PM on May 14, 2013

You bunch of stupid people, you are so mean! She is lovely, she has big eyes, she looks like a fairy. What did you expect? Ted with a very tall top model or what? You are so mean I hope she doesn’t read the comments. Im sure a loooot of girls would like to be her. Stupid stupid stupid people.

randi

Posted at 12:29 PM on May 23, 2013

shes just a nobody

justme1

Posted at 6:07 PM on May 14, 2013

no way this girl is ugly robin is 100 times prettier Ted deserves a super pretty girl because his character is an amazing person!

frond

Posted at 4:07 PM on May 14, 2013

I don’t think she is the real mother, I think in the 9th season we are waiting for surprise

Gary

Posted at 4:17 PM on May 21, 2013

God, how I wish she was not the one…:(

Vinit Thakkar

Posted at 3:27 PM on May 14, 2013

Ok mayb this is just me but doesnt she luk a lot like robin ?
I mean ted’s lofe mate looks like robin then he really isnt moving on is he ? He just finds a look alike replacement

Sakshi Rawat (@03sakshi07)

Posted at 3:34 AM on June 21, 2013

yes, this is only you! robin is way prettier than this caitlin girl! don’t even THINK of comparing robin to her!!

Sophin

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 14, 2013

to be honest, she looks fine!! but VERY DISAPPOINTED!! the creators been building this curiosity for 8 years and we wanted someone really JAW DROPPING.. she killed the show for me :(

Bertha K. Clark

Posted at 12:44 PM on May 14, 2013

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9 months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83 per hour. I work through this link, >> qr.net/Jobs100

miranda