Angie Miller: I Was ‘Shocked’ To Be Voted Off ‘American Idol’

Fri, May 10, 2013 6:08pm EDT by 26 Comments
Angie Miller Voted Off American Idol
Courtesy of Fox

Komen To (@Batiquos)

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 17, 2013

Haley, Joshua, Angie all ended 3rd in favor of a country singer. Good this time country didn’t win, R&B ruled. Congrats Candice

Sha

Posted at 9:10 AM on May 12, 2013

Amber is by a mile the best singer. However dumb move for her to not know her lines. She kicked herself off! So alls fair! Kree has a stunning voice of this era and she should win. Candice had a dig on Amber by saying she wanted to know her song and understand it before she sang it! Not COOL girl. I hope u lose for that reason alone. Sinf for yurself. Amber is 1000% better than u. But maybe not educated enough to think she cud mess up her lines in the final

Trisha

Posted at 8:14 AM on May 12, 2013

Angie is a beautiful, talented lady. I wish that I had the kind of confidence that she has.

Freddy

Posted at 1:42 PM on May 11, 2013

I blame american idols for using the poss if parents to get them to pitty a idol shame on idol organizers that is pathetic

Sarah

Posted at 3:57 PM on May 11, 2013

What?

Quit Lying, Debbie.

Posted at 3:53 AM on May 11, 2013

Amber bawled and cried like a baby when she got voted off the show. I don’t think that anyone lost any sleep over it though, like you probably have while thinking about Angie crying. Amber and Angie will both be fine. They have great things ahead of them. :)

melanie arquiza go

Posted at 1:42 AM on May 11, 2013

she deserves to be at the top two .. she is much better than kree ..
she has a unique voice that gives me goosebumps everytime she sings!!but its not the end of her talent even she didn’t make it .. she will be a successful singer songwriter …

Bob H.

Posted at 11:38 PM on May 10, 2013

This reminds me of the year that Adam Lambert lost to what his name and Adam was the best Idol contestant in the history of AI and he still didn’t win. I truly believe it was fixed. It had to be. How would Angie who was never in the bottom two all of a sudden take that much of a dip? Something stinks with that show. Also, I think that America votes for reasons other then talent.What the show should do, is combine Americas vote with the votes from the judges (throw in Jimmy) – 50% and 50%. This way, even if America made sympathy votes, it would be offset by the judges votes.

Nikki

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 10, 2013

The judges’ reaction is so disgusting that I am glad Angie did not make it.

gbtw

Posted at 10:51 PM on May 10, 2013

i think angie is probably “better” than kree… but she’s young and immature and a little too “strutty”… that annoyed people. but, i do think she is going to be a great star and i will wish her the best. she’s gorgeous, and very commercial- and talented. she was just a little immature and awkward on stage a lot of the time. kree was more comfortable on stage, knew herself better, and was the girl next door that everyone loved… angie can probably be a big star though, with those looks and that voice. as far as the competition, i don’t think anybody can touch candice. i’m not sure she’s as commercial as angie, but she had the best voice and presence on stage- HANDS DOWN. and kree will have a nice comfortable career in the country world… she doesn’t need to win this thing. and, she shouldn’t. candice is better.

Observer

Posted at 3:46 AM on May 11, 2013

gbtw, I agree with what you said about Angie being “strutty”, but how does Kree look more comfortable on stage? Angie always seemed to own the stage when she was performing. Kree looks like she is about to have a panic attack sometimes while she is singing, and you can see tears welling up in her eyes when the judges critiqued her performances negatively. I always thought that she looked very uncomfortable on stage most of the time when she up there, and it made me feel uncomfortable watching her. I like her, and I actually feel sorry for her. I think that she needs to stop being so nervous, and stop trying to please everyone. She is a country / soul singer, but every week, it seems like she tries to be something different to please to judges. She needs to accept herself, embrace what she is meant to be, and be happy with that.

Idol Fan

Posted at 9:58 PM on May 10, 2013

I was completely shocked but I should not of been. I’ve followed Idol every season, the biggest voting block is the South, enough said. Angie has the most overall talent of any of them. That aside, I would love to hear Candice sing some Jazz, I love her ability to do those runs. I’ll tell you what though, Angie will be the Chris Daughty of this season. I can’t wait to see her performing at the Grammy’s. That girl with her brite personality and talent will make it big!, You have not seen the last of her. I’m glad idol is dumping all the judges and producer. I did like Keith but that Mariah was usless and Nikki is a bit nutty at times. Idol was always my favorite show until last year. Now I can’t get eough of “The Voice”, love that show. Idol makes these young kids sing songs from 100 years ago, come on the beattles?, no one listens to that stuff anymore, sure it’ good music but that was 50 years ago. Lets hear some more current music and ditch those relics.

lauren

Posted at 1:20 AM on May 11, 2013

You must live under a rock to think “no one listens to that stuff anymore”. That, or your one of those people that listens to nothing but your Top 40 radio stations and a drabble of alternative here and a drip of indie there. The Beatles were, are, and will continue to be the most popular band in history, and people will purchase albums and listen to their music for decades to come. Heck, people of my own generation (18 and under) still jam out to The Beatles. You gotta hand it to AI for never failing to celebrate The Beatles every season, and all for good reason. They were undoubtedly one of the major pioneers of and influences on modern music, whether you like it or not. Crawl out from under your rock and taste the sunshine sometime, appreciate good music.

michelle davison

Posted at 11:01 AM on May 11, 2013

Lauren, I saw your reply after I posted mine. We think alike. Amen sister! :D

Danicka

Posted at 8:34 PM on May 10, 2013

I was a little surprised that Angie went home over Kree, but Candice is my favorite so I’m still happy. I can’t wait to see who wins! I’m actually never around to watch American Idol when it’s on anymore because I work the late shift at DISH during the week. My DISH Hopper is set up to tape it for me though. It’s awesome how it tapes all the shows that come on FOX during primetime every evening. This way, I can always turn Idol on as soon as I get home from work and not miss a thing!

Hessed

Posted at 8:15 PM on May 10, 2013

I was surprised she was voted off. It makes me wonder sometimes that maybe things were manipulated so that next week’s choice would be easier to make for Candice’s advantage. I’m not saying any of them are less talented, all I’m saying is that I “feel” like sometimes votes are manipulated. We don’t see how they count it so how would we know for sure if those votes were really received.

Lauren

Posted at 8:12 PM on May 10, 2013

I wish I could have voted for her, but I live in Canada. I truly believed she would win. She may have placed third but she’s my idol <3

Rochelle

Posted at 7:20 PM on May 10, 2013

Jean, you’re a jealous idiot. All the female contestants cried when they got voted off this season. They were sad to be leaving the show and their friends. That’s natural.

rhuthmos

Posted at 7:07 PM on May 10, 2013

Very angry at those lazy followers of Angie Miller not getting their votes in for her ,she would have won this thing by a mile -fantastic girl . However, no disreapect to Kree or Candice .All three semi-finalists are the loveliest young women and all America should be proud .Beautiful voices.

Jean

Posted at 7:11 PM on May 10, 2013

I am glad Angie was voted off. She THOUGHT the “crown” was already on her head. Candace, and Kree, are much nicer ladies, humble, and better singers. Jimmy had it all figured out. Angie showed her immaturity by crying like a big baby.

Linda

Posted at 9:12 PM on May 10, 2013

Angie is humble you dont know her. She is a happy girl full of energy. and would make a great roll model. She never used her hearing problems to get ahead. Candice and Kree are great but feel they got the sympathy vote. Still think it was fixed. What is wrong with being happy and confident? I would be very proud of her if I was her mom. I have met them they are wonderful people.

hulagirl

Posted at 10:52 PM on May 10, 2013

AMEN!!!

Debbie

Posted at 1:46 AM on May 11, 2013

no kidding….she really was the first one that cried because she was so shocked! bleh! She has a LOT to learn the humble department. I wish her the best but she needs a little set-back in my book!

Diana Elizabeth Davis

Posted at 1:44 AM on May 15, 2013

debbie my comment goes to you as well as jean. you guys are the babies, gtfo

Linda

Posted at 9:15 PM on May 10, 2013

I voted for Angie every week. I have watched idol since season 1 but never voted until this season. I would also buy Angies music. Havent bought music for years.She has really touched my heart I hope her the best

Nisha

Posted at 9:38 PM on May 10, 2013

This is nice of you to say Linda. She will be a good song writer or maybe a good piano player. But, the best vocals belong to Candice Glover.