‘American Idol’ Replacing All 4 Judges Next Season — Report

Thu, May 9, 2013 11:28am EDT by 25 Comments
American Idol Judges Fired
Courtesy of Fox

bambi

Posted at 9:19 PM on April 16, 2014

I stopped watching the show because nicki. Cant stand her negativity. Mariah is one of my older favorites so when nicki would trash talk. It was so gross. I dont even listen to her much anymore.
I like the show now with jlo and the others. The show gets me laughing watching and now voting. Thsnks for giving them the boot.

douglie

Posted at 1:20 PM on June 2, 2013

I’m a senior citizen and have watched the show from the beginning, when I was only middle-aged. :) I liked Keith Urban as a judge and hope they keep him. Randy: it’s time to retire, dawg. Mariah was such a dimwit diva and Nikki was horrible beyond words. Harry Connick, Jr. would be a great judge & I think Jennifer Hudson has enough creditentials now to be a good judge, too. I miss Simon and that crazy Paula Abdul- she was a riot. I’ll probably keep watching; can’t seem to quit.

Connie

Posted at 10:44 AM on May 25, 2013

To bring in Idol Alums will make for a boring show. I would love to see Keith remain as a judge he was great at it. I think Harry Connick would be an excellent replacement for Randy. Queen Latifayh would be an excellent choice. Idol need judges that will select real talent….not that other mess.

Lorelei (@loreleiinbedlam)

Posted at 3:08 PM on May 20, 2013

Big names judges won’t make the show more entertaining, entertaining contestants will. The seasons we loved most had the best contestants and that’s what people want to tune in for.

Bernie Boyer

Posted at 8:48 AM on May 18, 2013

One good judge that would bring the ratings way up would be Cher.You have to get people that are American Idols them selfs.To judge the contestants.You need stars of Chers caliber.

Eva Amore

Posted at 1:35 AM on May 29, 2013

YES! CHER WOULD BE A WONDERFUL CHOICE. <3

Miranda

Posted at 6:56 AM on May 12, 2013

Calm down, Thomas. It’s probably just a technical glitch.

Thomas

Posted at 1:20 AM on May 11, 2013

Who is the f**cking idiot who decided that autoplaying 4 godamm ads at the same time with full audio is a good idea??

mo

Posted at 11:52 PM on May 10, 2013

So thrilled to hear I wasn’t the only one who could not handle Nicki’s voice or anything else about her! I’ve also been an “adult fan” since the first season, and have hardly been able to watch this season because of her (I can’t quite bring myself to not at least check in once in awhile as I will always love this show!). I’m also tired of Randy’s “yo”, so no love lost with him leaving, and “no opinion” on either Mariah or Keith as neither one of them appear to have any personality. Still missing the “originals” (Simon and Paula!), and also loved J-Lo and Steven Tyler. It will be interesting to see what happens next season….

ashley

Posted at 9:57 PM on May 10, 2013

If they all go Randy, Keith and Mariah will be missed… Nikki I cant stand her everytime she talked I just wanted to reach through the tv an choke her… So I could careless about her leaving the show be gone… An as for Angie Miller going home my time is up with American idol this season… She was my favorite since the day of her audition….

Teresa 32

Posted at 2:40 PM on May 10, 2013

I agree with you, Cissy. Keith is the only judge that I like on the show now. The rest of them annoy me so badly that I want to change the channel while they’re talking, especially Nicki. She acts like her opinion is more valuable than anyone else’s there, she brags on some contestants more than they deserve, and she talks a lot longer than she should when it’s her turn to talk. She is disrespectful and arrogant. I hate the show sometimes because of her.

babe

Posted at 9:19 PM on May 10, 2013

well said

Cissy

Posted at 12:36 PM on May 10, 2013

This is the first time that I did not vote. After watching the first few weeks of the show and seeing how the contestants were chosen, then how Nikki Minaj was acting – I was out of there.

Keith Urban should stay, all others GONE.

Sandra Brown

Posted at 9:24 PM on May 9, 2013

Nicki Minaj needs to get the boot if anyone does. She was absolutely sickening from the beginning. I began muting her meaningless comments partly because I couldn’t stand her voice, what she said, and all her affectations, gushing, and rudeness. I stopped watching this season early on because of HER. It was a bad decision on someone’s part to bring her on board. Adults can’t stand her and they are a BIG part of your audience. I personally had no opinion of her until she showed up on American Idol, now I definitely do. I have always liked Randy, Keith Urban is super and Mariah Carrey is a true lady with a great talent. Nicki was your problem this season. By the way, I’ve been a loyal follower from the beginning of Idol until this year.

Pam b

Posted at 8:16 PM on May 9, 2013

I always liked Randy but his time has come. Definitely wont miss either lady judge. Mariah equals Diva times 1000. Some fresh faces along with Keith would be great!!!

marcie

Posted at 3:38 PM on May 9, 2013

I understand Nicki Mariah and Randy but Keith? Cmon! He is a great judge, a geuninue guy who actually gives good criticism and is very sweet. The other judges suck, Nicki is so rude and really annoying, Mariah is so awkward on camera and rambles on and on and NO ONE KNOWS WHAT SHES TALKING ABOUT with her “oh yes darling darling darling!” like she doesnt know what to say she will copy what the judges say in a different way and add stuff that no one understands. And Randy all he ever says is “dude that was terrible” or “THIS GIRLS IN IT TO WIN IT!” and have you noticed there hasnt been a breakout star from idol for YEARS

Kim Conley

Posted at 6:13 PM on May 10, 2013

there has been break out idol stars a few 4 example what about lauren alaina or that country dude or Jordin Sparks or Daughtry or Kelly Clarkson even though its been along time or what about Adam Lambert? There are many break out stars from Idol…… But ur right Randy does need 2 say more than what he already says. but he is honest and not rude like Nikki is or was or whatever.

Gingersmom

Posted at 2:29 PM on May 9, 2013

Please keep Keith. He is totally involved wit each contestant and gives an honest review.

snowplow

Posted at 2:27 PM on May 9, 2013

Nicki Minaj’s only talent is orally servicing music industry figures who can advance her own “rap career” (such as ghostwriter Weezie). She has less business judging a talent competition than any average person you might pull off the street.

Jerisingleton

Posted at 2:15 PM on May 9, 2013

Nicki was very honest in her critique of each contestants singing.
Randi stated it IS a singing contest.
Keith gives us his best .
Mariah is always Mariah! FABULOUS

jj

Posted at 1:37 PM on May 9, 2013

Nicki Minaj ruined the entire season. She was disrespectful to the viewers, fellow judges, and the entire competition. The show revolved around Nicki’s ego. I stopped watching after the third episode. It became the insane Nicki Minaj show. Worst move ever bringing her on board. She sucked and was just all around inappropriate with her comments throughout the entire competition. Personally, Nigel is the one that should go. The producer has run this show into the ground. He’s making terrible decisions.

Kelly& kiara twins sister

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 9, 2013

Not too many people watch that show whoever is the new judges next year for the next season 4 good for them

justmyopinion

Posted at 12:20 PM on May 9, 2013

good! we need better judges!! bring in CHER and MADONNA!.

Kim Conley

Posted at 6:10 PM on May 10, 2013

I agree with u Nikki is very rude and she was a well a witch 2 Mariah. Mariah is better then her as a judge though if u look at it cuz atleast she didnt make ppl efeel weird or call them weird nick names. Randy is a good judge though and has been through out the idol’s history…. Kieth I think is an ok judge but Id like Kieth and Randy and Mariah should stay but get rid of Nikki. I like her music but not her. I think they should have a legend like Michael Bolton or Tony Braxton or someone who isnt nikki obviously take her spot. At least everyone would get along then.

abe

Posted at 11:30 AM on May 9, 2013

I already miss Nicki’s camel toe……….