Kim Kardashian ‘Loved’ Met Gala Dress & Riccardo Tisci Defends Design

Wed, May 8, 2013 11:42am EDT by 29 Comments
Kim Kardashian Met Gala Dress
Getty, FameFlyNet

The very pregnant reality star could care less about what people thought of her gown. She really loved it — and she wasn’t alone! The designer behind the creation called her ‘the most beautiful pregnant woman’ he ever dressed.

Kim Kardashian has come under an insane amount of scrutiny over her maternity fashion, but she refuses to let the critiques get her down — especially when it comes to one very particular dress! The 32-year-old walked the red carpet at The Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 6, to celebrate the opening of PUNK: Chaos to Couture in NYC, where she attended with her boyfriend, Kanye West, in a custom-made Riccardo Tisci for Givenchy gown..

Kim Kardashian Loves Met Gala Dress:

Kim definitely made a statement when she stepped out in the form-fitting, long-sleeved floral frock — and as soon as she did, people started comparing her to curtains and couches! While it proved to be the most controversial look of the night, a source tells UsWeekly that Kim could care less because she was so pleased with her Met Gala get-up.

“She loved the dress just the way Ricardo designed it for her,” the source says. “His vision for her was a romantic Spanish theme with touches of boldness and punk.”

From the matching shoes to the gloves, the printed look had a lot going on — and it was all a part of Riccardo’s vision. “He worked with Kim, no stylist,” another insider tells the mag. “Just him styling and creating.”

Riccardo Tisci Defends Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala Dress:

Kim wasn’t the only one who loved the look! The designer behind the dress gushed over the way the star looked in his custom-made creation. “She is a really good friend, and I am very happy she came to the Met for the first time. I love Kim. Doing maternity was fantastic. I wanted to have a Kim Kardashian moment, because Kim always supports me. She is the future wife of a really good friend of mine. I wanted to have a moment of family…Kim, Kanye and the baby. It will be a family that I will be close to. Kim said, ‘Ricky, I love what you’re doing so much, I am in your hands.’ I said, we should give her our punk moment with a romantic beautiful flower-printed dress. I have dressed many pregnant women in the past. People can say what they want. To me, pregnancy is the most beautiful thing in the world, and when you celebrate something, you give people flowers. I think she looked amazing. She was the most beautiful pregnant woman I dressed in my career,” he tells WWD.

So Riccardo and Kim are standing by the dress, (even if they’re the only ones). There’s no denying the fact that it was a controversial choice but we think it’s cool that they’re so passionate about it. What do you think?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

More Kim Kardashian Met Gala News:

1. Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala Dress Was The Most Controversial of The Night
  2. Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Baby Bump On The Met Gala 2013 Red Carpet With Kanye West
  3. Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian At The Met Ball

WATCH: Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian At Met Ball

WWD

Liz

Posted at 9:51 PM on May 10, 2013

Kim has a very beautiful face BUT that dress reminds me of a bedspread that I had as a kid over 50 yrs ago and why does she have wear such tight clothes that make but bigger then her baby bump? Either her clothes are to tight or she showing to much boobs or both.

Mariah

Posted at 2:25 PM on May 10, 2013

The only use for that fabric is to cover a sofa, or make curtains..

Jodi

Posted at 1:13 PM on May 10, 2013

My grandmother had the same floral drapes…

FloralCouch

Posted at 8:26 AM on May 10, 2013

Ouch! Ouch! The floral couch. The designer is silently smirking to make Kim look like a silly fool with her size.

chibi

Posted at 2:38 AM on May 10, 2013

i dont understand what was punk about it…those little accents along the slit? huh.

Toscana

Posted at 8:14 PM on May 9, 2013

I’ve never seen so ugly dress in my entire life. It was very malicious and mean in my opinion, someone with all this money could make a better option for the occasion. Awful….

Kim Who?

Posted at 4:08 PM on May 9, 2013

Saw Brooke Sheilds sitting on Kim Kardashian in a La-Z-Boy. Oh wait, it was a sofa dressed as Kim Kardashian

Marley

Posted at 1:21 PM on May 9, 2013

Wasn’t there talk of something going on between Riccardo & Kanye not long ago. Out of jealousy I think Riccardo dressed Kim in this outfit to make her look ridiculous. How catty of him!!!

Gone with the wind!

Posted at 1:27 PM on May 9, 2013

I don’t think so, because it still makes him look bad as well.
I think he just had no clue how to dress someone with her body type. She isn’t tall and skinny.I think that is the type of woman he normally works with, and if she ‘s short she’s still most likely skinny.
Maybe he saw Kim as a challenge, and apparently he failed.
I still think the dress would’ve looked better in a solid color.

Robb7

Posted at 9:28 AM on May 9, 2013

P.S. Take a look at the Vogue slide show of the Met Ball. Kim was purposely cropped from the picture with Kanye. I think Anna as spoken — “Get rid of that woman…permanently!!” And the media was talking a Vogue cover for KK. What a joke.

Robb7

Posted at 8:43 AM on May 9, 2013

When a famous designer has to defend his creation something is very wrong. He obviously didn’t take into account he wasn’t dealing with his standard 5′ 10″, 115 lb., long-legged model — but rather a short, rounded pregnant woman, who was too intimidated and out of her element to speak up and say NO!!!

Emily

Posted at 10:19 PM on May 8, 2013

I hate when people say “could care less” that is all. Lol. IT’S “COULDN’T CARE LESS!!”

Lola

Posted at 3:59 PM on May 8, 2013

Where*******

Lola

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 8, 2013

I love the dress, I think it definitely represented her and wear she’s at, and her pregnancy…just flowers at their best!!

guest

Posted at 1:15 PM on May 10, 2013

Yeah, right!

Sounds of Soul (@soundzofsoul)

Posted at 3:43 PM on May 8, 2013

Sorry the Dress is ugly and not very well made. Kim your beautiful your Pregnant not a Granny Please think about hiring a stylist and stop asking Kanye for advice on outfits.

Hana Edwords

Posted at 1:53 PM on May 8, 2013

live her alone she dont need your darkness

Hana Edwords

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 8, 2013

leave her alone she don’t need your darkness

Hana Edwords

Posted at 1:51 PM on May 8, 2013

if you don’t like this beautiful woman. just bite your tongue..it’s killing u all . when you say nothing.]]good about this women. you have got nothing .////// but 15 dollars per our job. oh ya that dress you wish you got it.

Hana Edwords

Posted at 1:44 PM on May 8, 2013

all have nothing . nothing but negative about this beautiful women. i just want to say ====you all have nothing. But she got something . SO save your time. and your evil words . goo look for good paying job.

Mariah

Posted at 2:27 PM on May 10, 2013

ugly as hell dress…

Sarah Ann

Posted at 1:39 PM on May 8, 2013

“His vision for her was a romantic Spanish theme with touches of boldness and punk.”…………………….LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOO GTFOH

kim

Posted at 1:20 PM on May 8, 2013

Her short little leg also looks ridiculous peeking out like that. This is the type of dress to be worn by Giselle when she was pregnant..not a 5′ 2″ chubby Kim. BAD idea.

kim

Posted at 1:18 PM on May 8, 2013

What is he supposed to say? Oh I didn’t take her body into consideration when making the dress? Nor the theme? Nor the overwhelming print? Obviously they both have to say they love it but we all no the truth. lol

AngelaCarter09

Posted at 1:06 PM on May 8, 2013

Victoria. I can see what your saying… Nancy`s st0rry is terrific, I just purchased Fiat Panda since getting a check for $6500 this past 5 weeks and-even more than, ten thousand last month. it’s definitly the most comfortable work I have ever done. I started this four months/ago and straight away was bringing home over $81.. per/hr. I use the details on this website, Jump44.comTAKE A LOOK

skeptic

Posted at 12:48 PM on May 8, 2013

Sorry, that dress would’ve looked hideous no matter WHO wore it. And there is nothing PUNK about grandma’s sofa. Just. No.

RAC

Posted at 12:17 PM on May 8, 2013

I use to have the same floral pattern on my dining room curtains…Wish I had known I could have turned them into a gown ! LOL

guest43

Posted at 12:05 PM on May 8, 2013

Maybe if it was another color, it would’ve been okay.
I may be biased because I don’t like flower prints anyway.
I just didn’t like it at all. The gloves and shoes had the same print, terrible!
I think if it had been a solid color it would have come across better.

abe

Posted at 11:59 AM on May 8, 2013

strange that she is saying these nice words about a gift?
IT WAS FOR FREE!!