Katie looked amazing at the Met Ball in a stunning white Calvin Klein dress, but we especially loved her beauty look! We chatted with her exact hair and makeup artists so you can copy the look!
Katie Holmes was one of the first to hit the red carpet at The Costume Institute Benefit at The Metropolitan Museum on May 6. Her hair and makeup looked amazing against her white dress and tan skin –here’s how YOU can get the look!
Katie Holmes’ Makeup At The 2013 Met Ball
The theme of the gala was “Punk: Chaos to Couture.” Genevieve Herr, makeup artist for Bobbi Brown Cosmetics, worked hard to give Katie an edgy, modern glam look!
“Katie’s MET Gala makeup was a departure from her natural look. We took the traditional punk look of black eyes and white lips and modernized it by combining metallic cream shadow with black liner and lots of black mascara to create a winged smoked out eye. We finished the look with a bit of pale pink blush and a beige lip. Pretty in Punk,” Genevieve told HollywoodLife.com.
For the super smokey look, she used Bobbi Brown’s Dark Brow Kit, Golden Bronze Long-Wear Cream Shadow Stick on lids, Caviar Eye Shadow as a liner, Jet Long-Wear Eye Pencil as a liner pencil and Lash Glamour Extreme Lengthening Mascara.
Katie’s Hair — Get The Exact Look
Alterna Haircare’s Global Creative Director, Michael Shaun Corby, is sharing his five easy steps to Katie’s awesome hair:
“1. To ensure maximum volume, spray damp locks from root to tip with Alterna Bamboo 48 Hour Volume Sustainable Volume Spray. Rough blow dry with fingers.
2. Add shine, texture and light hold by working new Caviar CC Cream 10-in-1 Complete Correction Leave-In Hair Perfector into strands.
3. Back comb the top section of the head for added volume from forehead to crown.
4. Sweep hair back to the nape and twist upwards into a loose and messy French twist. Secure with hair pins as you go.
5. The finished look is a bit loose, ensure hold with Bamboo Style Ultra Hold Hairspray.”
Did you love Katie’s look at the Met Ball, HollywoodLifers?
– Dory Larrabee
More Met Ball Beauty News:
- Kristen Stewart At 2013 Met Ball — Her Exact Hair & Makeup
- How Nina Dobrev, Ashley Greene & More Stars Prepped For The Met Ball
- Ashley Greene’s Met Ball Hair & Makeup — Get Her Exact Look