Jodi Arias: The Jury Probably Won’t Give Her The Death Penalty

Wed, May 8, 2013 6:07pm EDT by 13 Comments
Jodi Arias Death Penalty
Courtesy CNN

Erin

Posted at 1:11 PM on May 17, 2013

Yes, she is obviously guilty. But no civilised society should EVER put a person to death in the name of the law. “An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and the whole world would soon be blind and toothless.” – Gandhi

Quick Question

Posted at 11:07 PM on May 16, 2013

I have a question, if the jury come back with life is it possible for Jodi to get paroled? or is there choice only life with out the possibility of parole?

Isabell

Posted at 10:10 PM on May 15, 2013

Sorry, if I offend anyone, but I don’t believe in death penalty in general. And I for sure don’t believe in death penalty for a delusional women.
If Jodi was in right state of mind she would simply dump Travis Alexander (who – sorry I can’t help it – simply didn’t make a boyfriend I wish for my daughter) and move on with her life. Any women, who becomes obssesed with a man to the point, she is willing rather kill him than live without him is simply crazy. And should be treated like one.
First degree murder is justice. Death penalty is not, but if Jodi wish for death, let her have it….This story just makes me sad. Two young lifes lost, over a bitter romance and sex. There is so much more to live for, than relatinships and love…
Isabell

You are an idiot.

Posted at 10:18 PM on May 15, 2013

@Isabell, “Two young lifes (should be lives) lost,….)? She took his life! She murdered him! She slaughtered him? What planet did you smoke the crack on?

Cissy

Posted at 9:59 AM on May 16, 2013

@ Isabell, I guess you bought her BS – hook, line and sinker.

Suzane a. Brokaw

Posted at 6:06 PM on May 12, 2013

Jodi is GUILTY GUILTY!mNo brainier. But you never know look at OL! In any case I have new respect for jurorsYou got it right”

Tammy

Posted at 12:47 AM on May 12, 2013

I have never believed in the death penalty, but Jodi Arias has earned it for sure.

Cissy

Posted at 12:31 PM on May 10, 2013

What she did was premeditated and overkill. I hope they do give her the death penalty.

Heather

Posted at 1:39 AM on May 9, 2013

I hope she gets the death penalty all the way. What Jan said stabbing him 29 times sliting his throat (almost decapatating him) then shooting him that alone deserves a dealth penalty she brutalized him. Then dragging his charexter threw the mud the way she did accusing him of all this horrendouse stuff, she shouldnt even be called a human being.
I felt joy when the verdict was read and the jury was polled.

I wish Travis could come back to life. But at least he got justice today. My prayers and thoughts are with his family and friends.

cken

Posted at 1:06 AM on May 9, 2013

She terrorized Travis. No one will come forward in 20 years and say her conviction was a mistake. She should get death.

Jan

Posted at 6:28 PM on May 8, 2013

She played God taking Travis’ life, stabbing him 29 times(not 27), sliting his throat all the way back to the spine), then shooting him in the head. She deserves the death penalty. This had to be a horrific, painful, and cruel way to murder someone and the jury can decide the death penalty based on that.

You Suck

Posted at 9:03 PM on May 8, 2013

@Jan, You suck.

guest

Posted at 5:41 PM on May 10, 2013

Why? She is telling the truth. Is say give her life so she can suffer slowly.