The most fashionable night of the year is here — and we have all the details on what you could expect to see come down the red carpet!
This year the Met Ball 2013 theme is Punk: Chaos To Couture — and we can’t wait to see how it is honored on the red carpet! The Met Ball 2013 date is May 6 and everyone from Jennifer Lopez to Kristen Stewart will be walking the red carpet at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC — and we can’t wait to see what they’ll wear! While we may not know what to expect we do know who’s wearing what — and you can find out right here! Are you excited for the 2013 Costume Institute Benefit?
Met Ball 2013 Who’s Taking Whom & Who’s Wearing What:
- Michael Kors is taking Jennifer Lopez
- Monique Lhuillier is taking Nina Dobrev
- Valentino is taking Gwyneth Paltrow
- Dior is taking Jennifer Lawrence and Marion Cotillard
- Alexander Wang is taking Julianne Moore for Balenciaga
- Rodarte’s Kate and Laura Mulleavy are taking Elle and Dakota Fanning
- Maison Martin Margiela is taking Gwen Stefani
- Joseph Altuzarra is taking Allison Williams
- Diane Von Furstenberg is taking Emma Roberts
- Erdem is taking Lena Dunham
- Tory Burch is taking Jessica Alba and Ginnifer Goodwin
- Topshop is taking Jaime King and Julianne Hough
- Brian Atwood is taking Elizabeth Banks
- Burberry is taking Sienna Miller
- Christopher Kane is taking Stella Tennant
- Nina Ricci’s Peter Copping is taking Carolyn Murphy
- Kenzo’s Humberto Leon and Carol Lim are taking Solange Knowles
- Anthony Vaccarello is taking Gisele Bundchen
- Riccardo Tisci is taking Rooney Mara
- Peter Pilotto is taking Brooklyn Decker
- Samsung is taking Psy (Yes, Psy.)
- Saint Laurent is taking Greta Gerwig
- J.Mendel is taking Chanel Iman
- Allure is taking Mindy Kaling, who will wear Lela Rose
- Tommy Hilfiger is hosting at his table, (and dressing), Debbie Harry, Nicki Minaj, Zooey Deschanel, Lily Aldridge, screenwriter Jamie Linden, music publicist Jason Weinberg, musician Marky Ramone with wife Marion, actress Thalia Mottola, music executive Tommy Mottola, and Kings of Leon lead vocalist Caleb Followill
Met Ball 2013 Theme & Met Ball 2013 Celebrities:
These aren’t the only stars attending! Expect to see Katy Perry, Beyonce, and even Kim Kardashian on the red carpet sporting looks consistent with the Met Ball 2013 punk theme. Kristen Stewart is also attending the 2013 Met Ball and while she’s confirmed to star in her second Balenciaga campaign we wouldn’t be surprised to see her in one of Nicolas Ghesquière’s creations rather than an item designed by the new head of the fashion house, Alexander Wang. Although Nicolas is no longer the creative director for the brand, Kristen still remains close to the designer — and Wang is very close to Liberty Ross, the former wife of film director Rupert Sanders, (who had a fling with Kristen just last year).
Who are you most excited to see on the Met Ball red carpet?