The actress hit the Met Ball red carpet on May 6 sporting a new blonde ‘do! Do you LOVE or LOATHE Anne’s blonde makeover?
Do blondes really have more fun? Anne Hathaway will be the judge of that! The 30-year-old actress dramatically changed up her look by trading her dark brunette locks for a super light blonde ‘do!
Anne Hathaway’s Blonde Hair Makeover
Anne already made a daring beauty decision when she decided to chop her long locks off for her role in Les Miserables. Without any trouble, Anne totally rocked her short, cropped cut.
Now the actress is taking on a totally new beauty change by dying her hair blonde! The actress surprised everyone when she showed up to the 2013 Met Gala with a much lighter ‘do. The actress wore her newly blonde tresses in a punk-inspired gelled style. It looks like Anne may be taking a few notes from Miley Cyrus!
Although Anne chose to dye her hair blonde, she kept her eyebrows brown creating a super bold look. Are you totally into Anne’s new blonde look or do you prefer her natural brunette locks?
Anne’s Hair — The Exact Inspiration & Products Used
Celebrity hairtylist Sascha Breuer created Anne’s punky glam hair for the Met Ball.
“Drawing inspiration from unforgettable punk icons like Poly Styrene from X-ray Spex and Joan Jett, I decided to go for a look that was glam, edgy and yet very youthful and fun. We kept the style much shorter for Anne and had a lot of fun playing around with it. To enhance her punk look further we decided to take her hair to the next level — a new cool platinum blonde color and the sharp slightly boyish finish with loads of texture were the perfect match,” Sascha tells HollywoodLife.com.
Here’s how to get the look:
“1. Start by applying a golf ball sized amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to damp hair for the perfect foundation and to provide hold and volume.
2. Blow dry the hair into shape using your fingers or a skeleton brush. Dry the longer hair on top back and upwards by gently pulling the hair away from the scalp to boost the volume and some lift to it.
3. Push brush and dry the sides flat to the head backwards allowing them to set narrow to the head.
4. Once the hair is completely dry use a small amount of Wella Professionals Bold Move styling paste. Spread the paste evenly between the palm of your hands and work the product through the mid length and ends to create a deep, slightly messy texture.
5. Mist hair with Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray to ensure that your style will last all night.”
Anne’s Pretty Makeup — The Exact Look
Adam Breuchaud created Anne’s flawless look on behalf of Laura Mercier. Adam said her new hair color allowed him to use a “new, bright color palette” of makeup.
He created a soft purple smokey eye to compliment her new hair!
HollywoodLifers, do you LOVE or LOATHE Anne’s blonde hair? Vote below!
– Jenny Pickard
More Met Gala News:
- Met Gala Red Carpet — Kristen Stewart, Kim Kardashian & More
- Kristen Stewart: Excited To Surprise Fans With Her Met Ball Gown Choice
- Is Robert Pattinson Going To The 2013 Met Ball With Dior?