‘American Idol': Amber Holcomb Shouldn’t Have Been Eliminated

Fri, May 3, 2013 10:30am EST by 53 Comments
Amber Holcomb Eliminated
Getty

towistofficial

Posted at 7:16 AM on July 7, 2014

We believe she should have stayed!!!

Glory

Posted at 5:42 AM on July 3, 2013

Would adore to take this up as a job, I have actually started to do a little bit much more filling in my extra time yet when I
review stuff like this its a pointer I still have a whole lot to find out

A.zender

Posted at 3:51 PM on May 19, 2013

I don’t think Harry Connick Jr. advise was helpful. The listener doesn’t give a hoot about singing in the pocket. Think of Billie Holiday, Ethel Waters and othe natural singers it all comes from the heart. I have never heard ” My funny valentine ” sound so fresh and new when Amber sang it the first time in her own way as only someone young can do! Experience and time will eventually change the way she ‘ ll sing this song;not technique. I just hope she doesn’t get discouraged . She has such a beautiful gift in her voice so very rare.

Rick

Posted at 8:11 PM on May 16, 2013

Amber is the top one. Anyway she will sell more CD

julie Hall

Posted at 2:53 AM on May 11, 2013

my wife and I think that Angie @ Amber should be the top two. The judges this year sucked and all they did was blow Candice every performance. Cant wait to see the two new female judges go. They sucked and was so dramatic. Felt like vomiting everytime they spoke.

Jessica

Posted at 1:58 PM on May 10, 2013

I like Kree, but i wonder how far she would have gotten on the show if the story about her dead parents didn’t get brought up on there so much. I feel sorry for her and her family, but the producers of the show need to quit bringing up certain contestants’ sad life stories to get ratings for their show. It’s pathetic!

Lisa M.

Posted at 2:04 PM on May 9, 2013

You couldn’t be more wrong. If you really listened to her singing, she was consistently FLAT. It’s not that she can’t sing, but she needs to work on her pitch and breath control. America got it RIGHT – the 3 finalists are the right 3!

ADRIANA RICCI

Posted at 2:02 PM on May 8, 2013

AMBER is the best contestant in my opinion and she should be in the 2 finalist together with Candice.. AMERICA VOTES SUCKED!

Vanessaxx

Posted at 3:04 PM on May 7, 2013

Amber SUCKED!!!!!! She should have been eliminated along time ago! Yea her very has a nice tone but every song she sings has no emotion! She never connects to the songs. Sorry that my opinion.

Michael Hamilton, Auckland, New Zealand

Posted at 7:44 PM on May 7, 2013

I think Angie connects the BEST with the audience and she works the camera best, and AMBER is a good performer, and in almost every case sang brilliantly, she works camera well in general, Amber has great vocal control and voice production (she has the ‘pipes’ and knows how to use them), she had appropriate performance, stage, and body movement for the particular song and lyrics she was singing. Amber has great future I’m sure, in general and Christian music environment; I’d be happy to manage / promote either Angie or Amber (but I’m in New Zealand).

nix lindsay

Posted at 10:10 PM on May 7, 2013

excuse me.. she doesn’t suck.. If you couldn’t connect with her that doesn tmean we didn’t. She’s the most marketable contestant there.. The other girls are always doing the same type of songs.. so not versatile.. atleast Amber tried different challenging songs.. so piss off haters