Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In New ‘Great Gatsby’ Song

Thu, May 2, 2013 7:26pm EST by 73 Comments
Jay Z Taylor Swift Song
FameFlynet

Uh oh! It looks like Jay-Z is following in the footsteps of BFF Kanye, because the rapper slammed Taylor in his new song ’100$ Bill’! Find out what Jay-Z said about Tay!

Taylor Swift isn’t the only one who uses her songs to get revenge! In a new song from The Great Gatsby soundtrack, Jay-Z calls the 23-year-old singer out!

Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In New ‘Great Gatsby’ Song

In the song, Jay-Z implies that people tell celebrities to behave, but they don’t have to because of the amount of money they have. He raps, “That cheese made us constipated couldn’t tell us s**t.

Then, Jay-Z takes a major stab at Taylor! He says, “Took that, Taylor Swift to a hundred f**king million, b***h,” referring to the incident where Kanye West stole the microphone from Taylor at the 2009 MTV Music Awards. Jay-Z is saying Kanye became famous for dissing Taylor, and now Kanye is worth $100 million, according to Forbes.

’100$ Bill’ Lyrics

[Hook]
One hundred dollar bills

[Verse 1]
Benjamin Franklins filled, folded just for the thrill
Go numb until I can’t feel, or might pop this pill
Stock markets just crash, now I’m just a bill
History don’t repeat itself it rhymes, 1929 still
Write like Mark Twain, Jay Gatsby, I park things
Yellow cars, yellow gold like Slick Rick
Still tip on four-four’s (Who?)
Four-four’s at the 4-0, (Wait), for O
Dollars fall on the skin, some might call it sin
Politicians all move for money, what the hell are we callin’ them?
Low life, I’m crawlin’ out, 911 I Porsched it out
Y’all n***as so hypocrites, y’all know what this s**t is all about
100 dolla, 100 dolla bill real, uh

[Interlude]
(Movie Audio)

[Verse 2]
New heroines, new Marilyns
Move coke through Maryland
Through Easton, oh you beastin’
Move fat packs, Jack Gleason
The honeymoon’s over with the streets, yeah
Least see my kids on the weekend
Carter, new Kennedy
No ordinary Joe, you’ll remember me
No prohibition for my coalition
Colin Powell, general admission
You’re all welcome, new Malcolm of the talcum
By any means, AK lookin’ out the window screen
Let’s get it on, new Marvin
Who wanna become my 100th problem?
Semi-automatic or revolver, semi-automatic I’ll solve em
Einstein, my mind, this MC move white squares with my relatives
That cheese made us constipated couldn’t tell us s**t
Took that, Taylor Swift to a hundred f**king million, b***h
I wish I could continue, but

[Interlude]
(Movie audio)

[Outro]
I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks
I got a 100 drops, took 100 cops, uh
100 blocks, I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks, uh
Decade of decadence, ill reveverence, ill reverence
Decade of decadence, ill reveverence, ill reverence
Uh, young, uh
I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks
I got a 100, I got a 100 drops
Need a 100, got a 100
Got a 100, 100, uh
100 dollar bill, real

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Jay-Z’s Taylor Swift diss was mean? Vote below!

LISTEN: Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In Song: ’100$ Bill’

– Jenny Pickard

More Celebs Diss Taylor Swift:

1. Kanye West & More Diss Taylor Swift — 10 Biggest Disses
  2. President Obama Disses Taylor Swift In White House Correspondents’ Dinner Speech
  3. Taylor Swift Dissed By Tina Fey & Amy Poehler At Golden Globes — Hosts Got Jokes

Joe

Posted at 10:41 AM on May 3, 2013

So he is saying Taylor made Kanye famous? How is this a diss then?

JOSH

Posted at 10:32 AM on May 3, 2013

bravo jay-z now you have the publicity you needed for the track, but don’t worry, I’m not going to buy it.

88fan

Posted at 9:28 AM on May 3, 2013

Jay z is a racist hypocrite!

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 9:26 AM on May 3, 2013

Sounds to me like he’s saying Kanye blew Taylor up… which I could believe as the sloring little twit’s 15 minutes would’ve been up long ago had Kanye not snatched the mic from her…

merna

Posted at 9:18 AM on May 3, 2013

then he wants to be famous actually he did i never heard about him until i read this he can go to hell taylor is on top

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 9:23 AM on May 3, 2013

Seriously??? You OBVIOUSLY live under a rock… or trailer.

gbtw

Posted at 9:17 AM on May 3, 2013

Any mention of taylor is more than i want to hear from anyone… also… i think jay-z should just produce now. Leave the rudeness to those without a family…

Meete

Posted at 6:54 AM on May 3, 2013

So now HE is trying to make 100 million off her? His mention of her name is irrelevant to Taylor and her fans, they will never hear it.

Stephanie

Posted at 11:48 PM on May 2, 2013

How lame is this guy that he has to resort to mentioning Taylor Swift’s name for people to notice him again…pathetic really!

TTW

Posted at 12:17 AM on May 3, 2013

Jay-Z is the king of hiphop and Mr. Beyoncé he doesn’t need Taylor for people to notice him. And he wasn’t dissing her he was just using her as an example. HL just likes to try to stir up drama where there isn’t none.

misty

Posted at 12:55 AM on May 3, 2013

So true he is a total duesch bag just like Kanye

guy

Posted at 10:52 PM on May 2, 2013

I’m a Swiftie a fan of taylors i’m 23 I don’t care I mean its his song it could have been worse taylor has said boys can write about her its fine I get pissed when things goo to far her rep is taking beating cause people are so Gulliable they believe anything the media has to say never once posting her charity work or on her days off visiting kids with cancer etc. point is Grow up GUYS Be fan support her move on I am

Me

Posted at 10:25 PM on May 2, 2013

If Jay-Z WAYYYYYYY better than Taylor tell me if he can sell out MSG in 59 seconds and The Staples Center in 2 minutes kay? And Taylor is named by the Rollingstone as one of the 14 MUSIC LEGENDS along with the Beatles. So tell me when he achieves that. And hey her cat is more famous than you will ever be so stop.

TTW

Posted at 12:18 AM on May 3, 2013

Actually if you research it Jay-Z makes way more money than she does and he’s not even dissing her. He’s making a reference and using her as an example. HL just like to stir up drama where there is none.

TTW

Posted at 12:20 AM on May 3, 2013

Jay-Z is also the king of hiphop and Mr. Beyoncé he doesn’t need Taylor for people to notice him or to be more famous.

misty

Posted at 12:59 AM on May 3, 2013

Jayz will never be the king of hip hop there are plenty people better than him, he only wishes he could be like eminem someday, And have talent

kscxdjcd

Posted at 10:22 AM on May 3, 2013

2pac is the king of hiphop, jay z is nothing

Marie

Posted at 5:46 AM on May 3, 2013

……..he’s actually sold out both venues in less time in than her. And he was named by TIME as one of the most influential people.,.. He’s a billionaire.he’s accomplished more than Taylor swift so your argument is pretty much irrelevant. And it’s not like he’s lying. Kanye put Taylor in the spotlight and that incident is the first things gone thinks of when you hear her name.

lh

Posted at 7:48 AM on May 3, 2013

Who’s the better role model? Google jay-z charities, then google taylor swift charities. Open your eyes people.

carolyn arter

Posted at 4:11 PM on June 17, 2013

Influential in what? What has he done to enhance society as a whole. Nothing, only signing contracts and anyone can do that.

mark

Posted at 9:50 PM on May 2, 2013

He isn’t dissing her. He is using her to refer to “that white girl” which means cocaine. He probably used her name to make sure dumb authors would misinterpret it and write stories about it to give it free ads.

Chris

Posted at 9:07 PM on May 2, 2013

He should have wrote a song about how American Idol is crashing and singers like Carrie Underwood are only selling 1/2 there concerts now. Carrie Underwood review and I quote: Carrie Underwood underachieves in Oakland ::: Chalk it up as further proof that Underwood’s live show remains the one glaring weakness to her game. This Oakland show hardly did banner business — roughly 8,000 fans turned out to a building that can hold twice that many. The lower section was full, but the upper deck was empty.

fred1259

Posted at 9:24 PM on May 2, 2013

You might want to learn how to read because Carrie sold out 2013 concert dates. You are obviously a Taylor fan and you might want to worry about Taylor because she is getting a bad reputation and a lot of people are dissing her. This is so hysterical.

Kiki

Posted at 8:49 PM on May 2, 2013

I am not fun of Taylor or Jay z, but probably like everybody I have a song or two buried inside my iPod. Sure those lyrics are worth of someone who graduate from drug dealer/stabber to hip hop singer. And he should look at his own life style and choices before throwing s*** at other people. Any body remember a recent trip to Cuba, bet he purchase the visa with his 100 dolla! Or the million dolla Barbie for his not even year old kid.

lh

Posted at 8:41 PM on May 2, 2013

Disjointed ramblings, like someone on crack. Can’t imagine a lot of time or effort went into its creation.

abe

Posted at 8:34 PM on May 2, 2013

his nose got it right: A HYPOCRYTE AMERICAN!!

bjsmith

Posted at 8:32 PM on May 2, 2013

I love the way Jay Z tells the truth. I think the song is right on target. Its amazing that Taylor Swift diss guys all the time through lyrics, but she and her fans get mad when the table turns. If she cant take it, then don’t dish it.

Destiny

Posted at 8:46 PM on May 2, 2013

OMG,exactly thank you so much said right what i was thinking

Dan12

Posted at 12:50 AM on May 5, 2013

She doesn’t put people’s names in her songs and it’s impossible to tell who she might be singing about who you’re some diehard fan who reads everything about her. But this idiot can use her name, to refer to drugs or whatever way he wants? So I guess it’s ok for anyone to use the names of him or Kanye or their families? Just put anyone’s names in your songs and use words like bi((ch. big difference. And BTW everyone–Most people don’t know who Kanye or Jay-Z are.

Ras13

Posted at 8:29 PM on May 2, 2013

The line isn’t even a diss. He’s using Taylor Swift as a reference for cocaine. Going back to his roots as drug dealer Hov. You guys are reaching for controversy…

lexi

Posted at 8:27 PM on May 2, 2013

Jay-z is worth 500 million dollars and has sold more albums than taylor. Most rappers use others as punch lines, he is not the first.

countrygirl907

Posted at 8:22 PM on May 2, 2013

is he that desperate for fame that he has to mention Taylor’s name in his song. Pssh, get a life. A least her music isn’t full of vulgar lyrics and curse words. She is a great person with great music and a great role model for young girls. You go Taylor! We all love you!

emilyeggplantrulesxoxox

Posted at 8:36 PM on May 2, 2013

lol

destinyjones685

Posted at 8:57 PM on May 2, 2013

Lol, You are so funny….listen Taylor became famouse by writtng songs about her ex bf. Jay is worth way more than she will ever be and your calling him desperate WHAT!?!?! despreate for what in my eyes Taylor is the desperate one i mean in EVERY song she has written she always is throwing some one under the bus through out the hole song there is only one line in there about her.To tell the truth i really dont see how she is even worth anything i think she should stop hoping from guy to guy and actually sit down and right a decent song.

potato

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 2, 2013

hey
my friend Emily made me post this
she is a potato
Taylor swift is awesome
but honestly I just think this is funny I don’t really see what’s so offensive about it
beyoncé is the queen
xoxo

carolyn arter

Posted at 4:13 PM on June 17, 2013

Queen of what? She’s your queen, not mine.

cpondemand

Posted at 8:18 PM on May 2, 2013

I hate him he makes no damn sense. Taylor swift is awesome jay Z is an idiot.

rocket science

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 2, 2013

I agree with him completely. She makes corny, catchy, “my ex is a dick” songs and banks millions. Doesn’t mean the girl is a good musician or vocalist. Taylor Swift is a corporate brand pushed out to all of the white teenybopper suburbanites. Just because it sells doesn’t mean it’s legit.

j

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 2, 2013

Spot on.

Matt

Posted at 7:45 PM on May 2, 2013

Am I the only one who thinks what he said makes no sense? It was complete jibberish…Jay-Z has had absolutely zero impact on Swifts life or music as far as I can tell…maybe he’s just mad she is making more money then he is now. Idk the song is dumb as hell anyway.

TTW

Posted at 12:13 AM on May 3, 2013

Actually if you research it Jay-Z makes way more money than she does and he’s not even dissing her. He’s making a reference and it’s no shocking you don’t get it. If you’re into Taylor Swift I don’t you’re into rap or certain slang talk, so no you wouldn’t get it.

Dan12

Posted at 12:42 AM on May 5, 2013

Swift has only been in the business for seven years, give her some time. Matt said she’s making more money than he is NOW. And obviously way more than Kanye, is worth now or ever will be worth.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 2, 2013

THE MAN IS RIGHT ABOUT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianc6234