Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In New ‘Great Gatsby’ Song

Thu, May 2, 2013 7:26pm EDT by 71 Comments
Jay Z Taylor Swift Song
FameFlynet

Uh oh! It looks like Jay-Z is following in the footsteps of BFF Kanye, because the rapper slammed Taylor in his new song ’100$ Bill’! Find out what Jay-Z said about Tay!

Taylor Swift isn’t the only one who uses her songs to get revenge! In a new song from The Great Gatsby soundtrack, Jay-Z calls the 23-year-old singer out!

Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In New ‘Great Gatsby’ Song

In the song, Jay-Z implies that people tell celebrities to behave, but they don’t have to because of the amount of money they have. He raps, “That cheese made us constipated couldn’t tell us s**t.

Then, Jay-Z takes a major stab at Taylor! He says, “Took that, Taylor Swift to a hundred f**king million, b***h,” referring to the incident where Kanye West stole the microphone from Taylor at the 2009 MTV Music Awards. Jay-Z is saying Kanye became famous for dissing Taylor, and now Kanye is worth $100 million, according to Forbes.

’100$ Bill’ Lyrics

[Hook]
One hundred dollar bills

[Verse 1]
Benjamin Franklins filled, folded just for the thrill
Go numb until I can’t feel, or might pop this pill
Stock markets just crash, now I’m just a bill
History don’t repeat itself it rhymes, 1929 still
Write like Mark Twain, Jay Gatsby, I park things
Yellow cars, yellow gold like Slick Rick
Still tip on four-four’s (Who?)
Four-four’s at the 4-0, (Wait), for O
Dollars fall on the skin, some might call it sin
Politicians all move for money, what the hell are we callin’ them?
Low life, I’m crawlin’ out, 911 I Porsched it out
Y’all n***as so hypocrites, y’all know what this s**t is all about
100 dolla, 100 dolla bill real, uh

[Interlude]
(Movie Audio)

[Verse 2]
New heroines, new Marilyns
Move coke through Maryland
Through Easton, oh you beastin’
Move fat packs, Jack Gleason
The honeymoon’s over with the streets, yeah
Least see my kids on the weekend
Carter, new Kennedy
No ordinary Joe, you’ll remember me
No prohibition for my coalition
Colin Powell, general admission
You’re all welcome, new Malcolm of the talcum
By any means, AK lookin’ out the window screen
Let’s get it on, new Marvin
Who wanna become my 100th problem?
Semi-automatic or revolver, semi-automatic I’ll solve em
Einstein, my mind, this MC move white squares with my relatives
That cheese made us constipated couldn’t tell us s**t
Took that, Taylor Swift to a hundred f**king million, b***h
I wish I could continue, but

[Interlude]
(Movie audio)

[Outro]
I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks
I got a 100 drops, took 100 cops, uh
100 blocks, I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks, uh
Decade of decadence, ill reveverence, ill reverence
Decade of decadence, ill reveverence, ill reverence
Uh, young, uh
I need a 100 bricks on them 100 blocks
I got a 100, I got a 100 drops
Need a 100, got a 100
Got a 100, 100, uh
100 dollar bill, real

HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Jay-Z’s Taylor Swift diss was mean? Vote below!

LISTEN: Jay-Z Disses Taylor Swift In Song: ’100$ Bill’

– Jenny Pickard

More Celebs Diss Taylor Swift:

1. Kanye West & More Diss Taylor Swift — 10 Biggest Disses
  2. President Obama Disses Taylor Swift In White House Correspondents’ Dinner Speech
  3. Taylor Swift Dissed By Tina Fey & Amy Poehler At Golden Globes — Hosts Got Jokes

interior decorating

Posted at 7:43 AM on October 2, 2013

You need to be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality blogs on the net.

I will highly recommend this blog!

walkingwiththewounded.org.uk

Posted at 7:19 PM on August 6, 2013

Have you ever thought about including a little bit more
than just your articles? I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.
But think about if you added some great pictures or video
clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent
but with images and videos, this blog could undeniably
be one of the best in its niche. Excellent blog!

TaviOshon

Posted at 1:31 AM on June 22, 2013

He’s was using Taylor swift as a metaphor to say he was selling coke rappers say white girl meaning soft. Like the young jeezy song ” I keep that white girl cristina agaulara” he’s saying I got that coke Taylor swift is a white girl its just a metaphor

carolyn arter

Posted at 4:03 PM on June 17, 2013

All he ever sings about is his wealth. This is the most stupidest song I have ever heard and I can’t believe people buy this crap.

holla

Posted at 7:12 AM on July 22, 2013

Gatsby is all about wealth, greed and irresponsibility – this song was written for the movie. Check yoself.

cleo

Posted at 12:03 AM on June 17, 2013

That’s not a diss , its just a song ! To nailler ” hell yeah jayz rules america

OLoft

Posted at 2:43 PM on May 29, 2013

Wow, its far from a diss. Just a metaphor.

Joe

Posted at 8:11 PM on May 28, 2013

you guys are lil faggots

LightShedder

Posted at 2:39 PM on May 21, 2013

Everyone who thinks he is dissing Taylor Swift dont know how to listen Rap music. Taylor Swift is a metaphor for cocaine and/or crack, usually just crocaine. Lots of rappers reference cocaine use/sell by referring to it as “whitegirls” or nowadays, any white celebrity, i.e Taylor Swift, Justin beiber. The hotter the white celbrity, the more potent or expensive the drug.

MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMM

Posted at 8:33 PM on July 9, 2013

i before e except after c. ITS BIEBER

AmbrS

Posted at 9:23 PM on May 19, 2013

At least jay z doesnt always play victim taylor swift aint so swift !!!!

Nialler

Posted at 4:02 AM on May 14, 2013

Jay Z one thing. WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO MEAN?

Nida

Posted at 12:46 PM on May 13, 2013

Does Jay Z rule America? He looks ugly ! Taylor Swift doesn’t deserve that but she shouldn’t care. Beyoncé doesn’t write her song whereas Taylor does.

Dan12

Posted at 12:24 AM on May 5, 2013

How is it dissing Taylor? He’s saying Kanye West made $100 million from interrupting Taylor because no one knew who Kanye was before that. So his drunken behavior made him millions. Taylor was quite famous and was a just a victim. Maybe Jay-Z is kind of admitting what they did. Maybe they both owe her an apology.

Think

Posted at 5:03 PM on May 3, 2013

It’s ironic how the same people that talk about how dumb it is don’t even understand the lyrics. He was making a reference to drugs (crack) calling it taylor swift (because she’s white and so is the drug). He’s saying he went from making money selling drugs to making $100 million. The diss is to the haters like you all because after that line he says the infamous “excuse me I’ma let you finish but uhh…” meaning, excuse me, while yall are talking i’m making major moves.

Dan12

Posted at 12:27 AM on May 5, 2013

So why use Taylor Swift in the lyrics at all. That in itself is rude. What not say what he means. He’s a big boy, doesn’t have to play little boy taking advantage of her name. And he’s getting a lot of free publicity, too. Couple of little boys.

ashlwat

Posted at 4:27 PM on May 18, 2013

BINGO! That’s what i took from it!

TadAllagash

Posted at 4:59 PM on May 3, 2013

“Taylor Swift” is street slang for cocaine. Clearly you guys haven’t listen to much current hip hop.

Dan12

Posted at 12:32 AM on May 5, 2013

He shouldn’t take advantage of her name. He’s a fat cat millionaire. We who are ignorant of hip hop get the impression he is taking advantage of her name, just like Kanye did. Grow up. Would it be ok if people of other races use his wife’s name for some kind of drug? And then put it in the lyrics of songs? What?

Joe

Posted at 1:42 PM on May 3, 2013

Taylor is worth 165 mil. She is currently like 100 times more relevant than those ugly niccas. Fact.

The ROC

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 3, 2013

Talyor Swift doesnt hang out with Buffett or Gates

dsjj251

Posted at 12:25 AM on May 4, 2013

Jay Z is worth 450 million,

also Taylor swift is not and never will be more relevant than Jay Z or Kanye.

number1nigga

Posted at 12:19 PM on June 4, 2013

Wiggas

hil

Posted at 12:49 PM on May 3, 2013

To be honest Kanye West makes better music. I love Kanye (defiantly after listening to the song Power and his album 808′s and Heartbreak) he deserves to be worth $100M in my opinion, he makes great music.
Kanye or Jay-Z don’t even have to mention Taylor’s name to make anything relevant except her, I would have listened to the song regardless of who’s name he said. And doesn’t Jay-Z makes way more money than Taylor anyway? Jay-Z is way more relevant that Taylor Swift.

Joe

Posted at 10:49 AM on May 3, 2013

Taylor Swift makes better music than this dumb nigga. He can stay reaching for that relevancy through Taylor her holy name.

Dis Jay Z Fugly niglet

Posted at 10:16 PM on August 23, 2013

Jay Z should dis that little niglet he has 150 years ago Taylor would have bought him than hung him