‘American Idol’ Results Leave Contestants & Judges In Tears

Thu, May 2, 2013 10:26pm EDT by 101 Comments
American Idol Amber Holcomb Eliminated
Courtesy Of Fox

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 5:53 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber Holcomb to me is a sore loser ,this is IDOL let the best one win .every time she hit bottom2 she would have a ugly face get over it .

PJ

Posted at 6:45 AM on May 3, 2013

Who wouldn’t! I haven’t seen any other contestant smiling when they are in the bottom or eliminated.

gerry castaneda

Posted at 4:38 AM on May 3, 2013

the worst american idol ever. it should have been kree that is eliminated or angie.

Pam

Posted at 5:53 AM on May 3, 2013

Totally agree with you!!!

lea

Posted at 8:44 AM on May 3, 2013

kree is the only true singer of the buch. any time you dont get what you want , you bring o ut the race card, but it does not make her a better singer. you ned to vote talent not color

Robert Henry Eller

Posted at 4:24 AM on May 3, 2013

I have been completely in the tank for Amber from day one.
But, if Amber didn’t go home this week, she would have gone home next week. From my perspective, I’m happy she lasted as long as she did.
Amber, based on the criteria of AI, was never going to win. Amber, based on the tastes of the AI audience, was never going to win.
Based on the criteria that matter to me?
Amber, out of all the contestants, has the ESSENTIAL voice. As good as the any of the rest of the finalists are, and I like, or at least “get,” every one of them, every other contestant is replaceable by someone else currently out in music. There are no other Ambers that I know of.
Harry Connick did Amber a great favor. I hope that she learns the important lesson he taught her. She has got to know what she is singing, what the song means, and what emotions and gestures connect with that meaning. That she was able to sing “My Funny Valentine” (the first time) and “I Believe in You and Me” as convincingly as she did tells me she has the instincts to get songs by listening to them. But her genuine understanding going forward is absolutely necessary.
I hope fervently that Amber will grow into the person she needs to be to make full use of her gift. I believe that if she does, she will become not only a singer that we want, but a singer that we need.

songbird 48

Posted at 4:17 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber Holcomb is a beautiful, talented young lady. I am amazed at the poise and confidence she displayed well beyond her 19 years. It was very disappointing not seeing her get to the final three. But, Amber has a lot to be proud of. She did great and went very far. l believe she will have a very successful career in music.

nyjj

Posted at 3:58 AM on May 3, 2013

Candice deserves to win it all, doubtless.
Amber shouldn’t be sent home as 4th of the Final 4, her performing potential is absolutely the greatest and limitless out of Final 4.
Angie is great, lovely and will win lots of heart in the country. She has movie star quality too.
Kree, good but we have already witnessed her best potential during Season 12.

I was hoping to see Candice and Amber in the Final. But the best bet is Candice and Angie in the Final.

Best wishes to each of the Final 4. We really have enjoyed the Final 4 this year.

Mauricio Enrique

Posted at 3:31 AM on May 3, 2013

This is the end for me for american idol…Too racist!! and always the worst singers win (at leat the lat 3 seasons)…This time the juddes must be part of the decision… Kree is a good performer for Las vegas casino show and Angie is perfect for disneyland… candice and Ambre are much better than the other girls…but again America is racist…I’m sure the next one to be kicked off is gonna be Candice…Whatever..I’m dome with american idol…change the method let the judges to be part of the decision because the viewwer are a bunch of racists

thehonesty

Posted at 5:51 AM on May 3, 2013

Again, another reason why they should just cancel Idol. They allowed Amber, the one singer who could sing besides Candice and the most marketable, to go home. This is why with the exception of a handful, 90% of recent winners and contestants on Idol the past 4-5 years have suffered. Judges heaping overpraise on throwaway lounge singers, influencing the audience’s votes. Not everyone in the audience, but a majority. Idol has become a farce. I thought with having all females there would be some common sense to it. I was wrong. Hopefully, Candice will win and Idol can at least redeem itself.

Mauricio Enrique

Posted at 3:27 AM on May 3, 2013

One word..America is RACIST!!!!

lea

Posted at 8:47 AM on May 3, 2013

the only thing i can tell you is leave america for you old country

GeorgiaGirl

Posted at 10:26 AM on May 3, 2013

Really? The final four are two black girls and two white girls….I think that means American is sexist. And if a while girls goes home next or if Candice wins…guess that means the blacks are racist. :P

incaunipocrit

Posted at 3:08 AM on May 3, 2013

Reblogged this on The Blogspaper.

Rhm

Posted at 3:00 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber will be a star! She is just a bit young and needs to mature a little.
However in my opinion..White..and I am not racist.. Amber should have stayed..and Kree gone home.

Janet Hester

Posted at 2:59 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber is a much better singer than Kree. Angie screams too much. Candice should win, she’s the best singer left!!

art garcia

Posted at 2:04 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber should have stayed. For me Kree should had been sent home sorry Kree.

Lisa

Posted at 1:59 AM on May 3, 2013

Amber is definitely better than Kree and Angie! She had more voice, more range, more power, more variety, appeal, charisma. Angie has beauty but no voice; she screams. Kree is boring, same tone over and over, puts me to sleep.

Azian

Posted at 1:38 AM on May 3, 2013

Kree should have gone home long time ago. I agree she has a good voice but what ever songs she sing they all sounded the same!!!! Candice and Amber are the ones with power vocals.

Maddy

Posted at 1:25 AM on May 3, 2013

May I add.. In the past, all the white women became chart toppers while the black women, i don’t know. If Candice wins, she will be like Jordin/Fantasia. So it should be Angie! I can see her following the footsteps of Kelly/Carrie.

sara

Posted at 2:02 AM on May 3, 2013

if u don’t have something nice to say than …… some black people might be offended by the comment and racist comments are not appreciated.

Maddy

Posted at 1:09 AM on May 3, 2013

Just leave it to America, it’s American Idol after all, so America decides. I don’t think they’re being racist, they’re voting for those who they like and not those who they don’t like, why call it racism? And if that is so, Candice and Amber would’ve been elimated long ago. I still believe Angie will win because she has the qualities of an American Idol and not just the voice. She also has solid fans, unlike Candice’s and Kree’s because Candice get high votes only when her performance is good, and Kree gets low votes when she has a bad week. Angie has never been in the bottom so she definitely has solid fans which will support her all the way. I guess it will be Angie-Kree finale. And Angie will win.

Mauricio Enrique

Posted at 3:33 AM on May 3, 2013

Angie sings like a drunk opera singer..

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 5:54 AM on May 3, 2013

I am a fan of Angie she will win.

H T Jeffers

Posted at 1:09 AM on May 3, 2013

It’s to bad anyone of these girls had to go. But the tragic part is that people can not have an opinion without being accused of being racist. That is pretty weak and thoughtless. Hopefully better minds can prevail with the race card excuse.

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 5:56 AM on May 3, 2013

H T Jeffers I SO AGREE WITH YOU.

rickyminaj

Posted at 1:07 AM on May 3, 2013

It is what it is..everyone has a different opinion and they are entitled it….. I can’t believe in this day and age people are blaming amber’s loss on race.. she was a great singer but she lost because she didn’t have the votes… plain and simple…

Jeff

Posted at 12:51 AM on May 3, 2013

White professional male age 50 I voted for the first time for an Idol
Contestant and all my votes were for Amber Holcomb

My opinion both Angie and Kree should have went home leaving Candace and Amber in the finals

Angie is too broadway or a pageant singer

Kree is certainly a lounge or cruise ship performer

Both Amber and Candace are potential singers and mega record chart singers !

Somebody got this all wrong !

Robert Henry Eller

Posted at 4:35 AM on May 3, 2013

Same as you but almost a generation older, Jeff. I’ve also been for Amber all the way. But I’m living outside the US now, and cannot vote.

Most of what you say I agree with. Kree I think can be a country star. She’s not shining here because she is clearly not a fighter.

There’s nothing wrong with the results. It’s a popularity contest in front of the AI audience. Look at the demographics. AI themselves had to clumsily rig a season that ensured a girl would win.

Amber was never going to win. What I believe you like about Amber, which I suspect we like about her in common, is not a criteria for winning AI. Amber, as I continue to say, has the essential and unique voice. But AI is about performance, and about a certain kind of over-the-top performance. Subtlety is a virtue that the judges and the coaches may pick up on. But the AI audience is a pop music audience. What Amber has, most of these people do not have the receptor sites for.

Be glad we had the chance to enjoy Amber as long as we did. She’ll be back.

Shane

Posted at 12:48 AM on May 3, 2013

I totally agree, Angie or Kree should have gone home! Yea, it is racist

emilyannmarie

Posted at 4:22 PM on May 3, 2013

Are you black or white?

Rhm

Posted at 12:33 AM on May 3, 2013

Hey below.. White Hillbillies?
I am white and I thought Amber was fantastic.. she was my fav! I am so sad she is off show! I watched every week to hear her sing!
Kree is lovely..but her time was up last week and she should have gone home not Amber.

Idol lover

Posted at 12:29 AM on May 3, 2013

All four ladies are incredible singers and will have great careers. I thought the other girls were better than Kree, but the callers gave different results.

Shamwow

Posted at 12:57 AM on May 3, 2013

Yes great singers but lacking personalities, just ask Melanie Amaro (X-factor). Angie has the most potential to have success.

Garett

Posted at 12:18 AM on May 3, 2013

No amber!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!? It should had been angie

whome

Posted at 12:16 AM on May 3, 2013

This show is bs. I voted idk how many times for Amber. America should not have the final say. Bunch of racist white hillbillies voting

Prös Gud

Posted at 12:07 AM on May 3, 2013

Clearly a racist result. They sent Amber home because she was too black. She was heads and shoulders above Kree, by a country mile.

Jake

Posted at 12:14 AM on May 3, 2013

Kree should of gone home. It was obvious she could not cut it. Amber and Candace rocked and will continue to.

vester

Posted at 12:21 AM on May 3, 2013

i clearly nk it has a lot to do with racism on America part, There is no way Amber, the second best singer on the show should have gone home,. OMG she was being behind Cree, the judges even tried to tell America that Cree should go home. Amber and Candice are power houses and should have been the final two. did you people listen to her voice ? The voice of an angel. No way she should have gone home., I just dont think enough minorities are watching the show and voting. I am done with American Idol now. I am gonna watch the voice where judges actually make the decision. plus they will be on Wednesday nights, same time as Idol. So i know which one I will be watching

abe

Posted at 11:29 PM on May 2, 2013

what did you expect when docors tell you you have only one week left before dying?

Idolfanforall

Posted at 12:19 PM on May 6, 2013

Minaaaaaaaaaje! sorry for the typos