‘American Idol’ Results Leave Contestants & Judges In Tears

Thu, May 2, 2013 10:26pm EDT by 101 Comments
American Idol Amber Holcomb Eliminated
Courtesy Of Fox

Erica

Posted at 7:31 PM on May 10, 2013

Amber would probably have made it to the finale if she kept milking a sad story like Kree does.

Debbie Pujol

Posted at 12:12 PM on May 10, 2013

i truly think they need to get rid of Jimmy and get diffrent mentors for each show i wont watch another season with him!

Becky Bates

Posted at 11:33 PM on May 8, 2013

In reply to John’s comment below, you seem to have forgotten the success of Jennifer Hudson, who has been very successful as a singer and an actress. I think Candice has everything it takes to be successful as a singer, including having a beautiful heart and spirit about her. She has a very appealing way of connecting to the audience and she knows how to draw people into her performance with her spell-binding stage presence. Not every performer is gifted with having the magnitude and ability to command an audience as Candice does.

Angie is very talented but seems over-zealous and insincere at times, but perhaps she is nervous and those traits come out from trying to overcome that. There is no denying that she is gifted with outstanding musical talent. Perhaps with a few more years of musical practice on stage under her belt she can become a very accomplished singer and pianist.

Kree also has a wonderful voice, but I think she lacks stage presence and zeal; however, I do think that with more time and practice on stage she can bring out more confidence vocally.

John Coctoastan

Posted at 10:16 AM on May 8, 2013

The ONLY one that has a chance of making it is Angie.

I have studied the trends since the beginning of Season 1.

Candice is to black and heavy and Kree is to Butchy looking.

You have appeal to 3 groups to make it 9-14 yr old girls, 9-14 yr old boys and 23-29 yr olds.

The only one that can pull these 3 groups is Angie.

The other 2 are won’t be appealing to these groups because of lack of commonality on Candice’s part(Fantasia and Ruben) and no Sex appeal on Kree’s part(Taylor Hicks and Scotty McCreery)
Now think or the Idol’s who have had huge success: Kelly and Carrie. Why? Because of Commonality (that could be me) and sex appeal (wow I want to go see them)

jummimah

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 6, 2013

C’mon Amber does’nt deserve to go home, i am a fan of her and do really see a great talented singer in her…

Maria

Posted at 3:59 AM on May 6, 2013

For whatever reason Amber is / was never a favorite and for that reason, she shouldn’t be American idol. With that said, I think American idol should define what a true American Idol should be. The total package or a vocalist. If just a singer, then Candice wins, total package Angie wins.

ROGAN

Posted at 4:49 PM on May 7, 2013

Amber truly is an American Idol. In every sense of the word idol, that’s what she is. She has beauty, elegance and a gift that most of us dont have, the talent to sing. I felt it when she was eliminated, and it hurts so much to see her leave. AMERICA, YOU NEED TO START VOTING FOR THE RIGHT REASON. CANDICE IS NEXT IN LINE AFTER AMBER.

Pete Harris

Posted at 5:04 PM on May 7, 2013

Rogan, you are so correct. Candice is next to be eliminated, not because she should be, but because this whole thing is a silly popularity contest where the majority of voters are probably juveniles who don’t know real talent from a hot dog. Candice is the best singer of the group, but too heavy and too Black for America to choose her. Remember Jennifer Hudson? Enough said.

sherlie

Posted at 1:46 PM on May 5, 2013

AMBER IS A GREAT SINGER, I DON´T KNOW WHAT PEOPLE ARE EVALUATING, AND WHAT I DON´T UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE JUDGES DIDNT SAVE HER.

kaylong

Posted at 2:12 AM on May 5, 2013

So what can a girl do to get votes? Appart from Candice Amber is definitely one of the greatest idols contestants ever! Her departure therefore means that America wasnt voting based on talents but on something else. With this trend I wont be surprised to see Kree and Angie in the Finals. Suffice to say that the best singer last year also got eliminated before the finals. Lets hope that talent takes precedence from here on!

delorean777

Posted at 9:31 PM on May 4, 2013

Amber did extremely well, especially coming from a town of 2,000 people. I taught art in Shepherd, Texas where Amber lives. She will have an amazing career in music.

Miss kitty

Posted at 11:59 PM on May 6, 2013

I agree wholeheartedly. America didn’t get it right but that’s how it’s been ever since the show started. I bet u real money that Kree wins because country singers have won far more than anyone else.
Anyone who thinks America got it right with Phillip Phillips couldn’t have been watching the show I was watching. Jessica Sanchez or josh should have the last two. After the last two seasons I vowed I wouldn’t watch the show again but I broke down and watched it anyway only to know that Candice will now win.

Mouse

Posted at 7:02 PM on May 4, 2013

A sad outcome. Kree should have left. Amber has been flawless. Nicki set this up with calling attention to Amber’s concern and, in my opinion, caused voters to lose faith in Amber. Shame on Nicki!

cindy bowers

Posted at 11:34 AM on May 4, 2013

Kree should have gone home…..

Michael Kiehl

Posted at 7:49 AM on May 5, 2013

Fully agree, all 4 contestants can sing and a lot depends on the song choices, but the only one who deserves to be the Americna Idol is Amber, she can sing and she has a great stage performance. Nice to look at her, since she is not around anymore, not interested to watch the 3 remaining contestants despite the great voice of Candice, they all look too boring.
America does not get it right, over the last few year’s the voted for boring country and western musicians, and now they had a chance to vote for Amber, the only one worth to be called an American Idol where singing, beauty and the whole package is right. I am not an American, I am a white western european and live in Asia.
All the best of success for Amber.

Richard Castelo

Posted at 8:50 PM on May 5, 2013

Hey, Michael. I agree with you 100%. Amber is the kind of singer/performer you would want to see perform again. She makes you WANT to see her next performance. “What’s Amber gonna sing next? What’s she wearing? Color of her lipstick?…” She is the total package, unlike the other contestants. I agree with Randy that Amber is so ready to be signed up. I hope somebody good and big (Yo, Jay-Z!) will pick her up soon and launch her to stardom. I’m sure there will be a lot who will be there to watch and support her. I also wouldn’t be surprised if AI’s already flagging viewership takes a worse dive after this. CHEERS, AMBER! The future looks bright for you.

Miss kitty

Posted at 12:03 AM on May 7, 2013

I agree but I hope she ends up like Jennifer Hudson who also should have won but didn’t. I bet we’ll see Amber singing on a show before we see Kree or Angie

precious

Posted at 6:40 AM on May 4, 2013

Kree should have gone home!!!amber sings better.amber is very cute and talented

Fikile

Posted at 8:14 AM on May 6, 2013

Can’t agree with you more Amber is flawless. I wish America couls have seen that in her. I am South African but I saw this great talent in her, a complete package ready for the market.