‘Vampire Diaries’ Spin-Off ‘The Originals’ Picked Up By The CW

Fri, April 26, 2013 4:43pm EST by 47 Comments
The Originals Picked Up
Courtesy of The CW

danae

Posted at 5:15 PM on April 27, 2013

Yay I love klaus! And super yay for more hot guys!

Queen

Posted at 12:57 PM on April 27, 2013

I love TVD but I’m ready for something fresh & new. The Elena, Stephen, & Damon story is played out. Leave Elena & Stephen in Mystic Falls & send Damon (heartbroken over Elena) over to The Originals. The Originals looks like it’ll be great and the episode was an excellent start. So happy that Arrow & BATB were renewed!!!

breannaawolf

Posted at 12:45 PM on April 27, 2013

I got tired of all the VD Elena drama by half way through season 3 so for the rest of that season and for all of this one I have just scanned through the episodes to only watch the bits with Klaus or the other originals in them ha ha. My two favorite characters are Klaus and Elijah anyway so I LOVED the last episode. I’m definitely looking forward to The Originals. :)

mercia12591

Posted at 8:34 AM on April 27, 2013

Love this! So happy, can’t wait for Klaus to take his town back! Go ORIGINALS!

Ammmma

Posted at 8:27 AM on April 27, 2013

I don’t wanna see this show cos I want Klaroline!!! Klaus belongs on TVD had it not been for lazy writers not willing to develop characters & kill off extra as a sad way to show how scary he is, he’d have a greater story.

mercia12591

Posted at 8:41 AM on April 27, 2013

Honey, he’d be dead on VD if he stays any longer, so I’m glad Klaus is getting his own show. As for Klaroline, they could still happen, I’m a fan of the ship too and I think Caroline is wasted in Mystic Falls, but either way I’m a bigger fan of the ORIGINALS so I’m happy for the spin-off

Amber31998

Posted at 11:00 AM on April 27, 2013

I agree with you… what will happen to klaroline now! theyre gonna make up that love team (or sumting like that) and then its like theyre gonna destroy it. and tvd will lose its viewers w/c i hope not

dhouha

Posted at 7:57 AM on April 27, 2013

give us klaroline please

aleksandra

Posted at 7:33 AM on April 27, 2013

love phoebe as haley and all the originals, gonna watch for sure, looks like it’s gonna be a good show

bbasha

Posted at 4:54 AM on April 27, 2013

I want kol back!

wolfwalker

Posted at 8:04 PM on April 27, 2013

Agreed! I wish they would bring Kol back! Would be interesting if they resurected him and he didn’t remember who he was, give him a redemption arch perhaps? Anyway it would make for an interesting storyline in my opinion.

loukman

Posted at 4:04 AM on April 27, 2013

Im sure caroline,tyler and katherine will be featured in the originals…i hope they dont change characters!

Ivy Rdz

Posted at 2:58 AM on April 27, 2013

I love the idea but just hope they don’t get new people to play as the Original family, we already know them n personally wouldn’t be the same for me to watch their story (which we r already familiarized with thru TVD) coming from other (new) actors… just saying…

Katie

Posted at 2:21 AM on April 27, 2013

I think it’s really selfish when people say “i’m not going to watch this because it means klaroline is over and this episode was dumb” i can’t believe after 1 episode they just quit like there’s an entire season that is going to come out and the storyline is going to develop. I’m really lookig forward to watching the show and i hope people aren’t going to ruin it for everyone and bring the show down after 1 episode..

sbri1234

Posted at 2:09 AM on April 27, 2013

everytime phoebe tonkin is in a cw show…it gets cancelled. hope she doesn’t bring this show down like she did the secrete circle. lol. why can’t they just all go back to mystic falls so they can find a cure for silas. also, i do not think the plot for “the originals” is a good one. i mean i love klaus and elijah just as much as any other TVD fan…but i dont think they can carry a show all on their own. nonetheless, i will be watching in hopes of some klaroline action. Julie, what are you thinking?!

Marti

Posted at 11:27 PM on April 26, 2013

It was so excellent! They really did well on transferring the storyline believably and seamlessly. And Joseph Morgan is a tremendous actor. One minute you hate him and then next you feel sorry for him. Keep it comin CW!!!

Ray

Posted at 10:14 PM on April 26, 2013

THIS WAS THE BEST EPISODE I HAVE EVER WATCHED ON VAMPIRE DIARIES! i was on my toes the whole time! the best part was when Klaus showed Marcel how powerful he is! he basically owned Marcel! Loved it and watched the episode twice! would love to see more from the originals!!

Kaitii

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 26, 2013

Loved it!! Sucks that Caroline didnt come around and she was the one pregnant.. That would have been awesome!! I still believe there is a chance for the 2. Hayley sucks hate her. Hope klaus kills her off after the baby is born lol

Tina

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 26, 2013

YES ORIGINALS & BATB. HOW DID I GET SO LUCKY?!

emma

Posted at 9:15 PM on April 26, 2013

he sooo wants a kid but when he looks up at hayleys face and its not caroline hes like oh dear god what did I do.

Marti

Posted at 11:28 PM on April 26, 2013

So true, I like how they didn’t just make it like he all of a sudden forgot about her either. So sweet when he left her that message. Awww.

Paige

Posted at 9:13 PM on April 26, 2013

YES!!! I loved the original episode and can not wait for the spin-off series. Doing my happy dance right now

emma

Posted at 9:12 PM on April 26, 2013

I hope that the writers will come up with a plot twist confirming that hayley and tyler did in fact kanoodle and its actually his baby. that could work. also that he lied to caroline about it. then caroline cant trust him anymore. I hope something happens that caroline takes the cure and becomes human again. she then has a thing with klaus as we call it cause shes hurt and they confide in each other about all the lies then boom; cause caroline`s human now is pregnant with Klaus`s baby. then while delivering the baby she dies with vampire blood in her system she becomes a vampire again. «the child will probably be the answer to klaus prayers cause this kid may have blood that can turn warewolves into hybrids. I think im gonna write a fan fic right now.

sbri1234

Posted at 2:11 AM on April 27, 2013

thats what i was thinking. but tyler’s been gone for a while and from what the viewers have seen…klaus has been the only guy she’s been with

Queen

Posted at 12:49 PM on April 27, 2013

That’s a great storyline!

Rudy

Posted at 7:25 PM on April 26, 2013

The only problem is that klaus has no feeling whatsoever for haley

Stephanie

Posted at 7:20 PM on April 26, 2013

Horrible episode cw must b4 on crack .

Lan

Posted at 5:43 PM on April 26, 2013

in vampire heaven! cannot wait until fall!

Christy

Posted at 5:26 PM on April 26, 2013

I am so happy now!!! Klaus is going to be a father. I hope he is nice to Haley.

anny

Posted at 4:49 PM on April 26, 2013

Lol

anita

Posted at 4:46 PM on April 26, 2013

I don’t see anything wrong with this episode ,just wondering y some peeps re talking trash