‘Vampire Diaries’ Recap: Klaus Wages War & Gets A Life-Changing Surprise

Thu, April 25, 2013 9:15pm EDT by 88 Comments
Vampire Diaries Hayley Pregnant
Courtesy of The CW

Alice

Posted at 5:07 PM on April 26, 2013

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job Ive had. Last Monday I got a new Alfa Romeo from bringing in $7778. I started this 9 months ago and practically straight away started making more than $83 per hour. I work through this link, MOJO50.COM

Sarah

Posted at 4:29 PM on April 26, 2013

I loved this episode and I think I’m going to love the spin off if its picked up. I will always love TVD for its high drama and crazy storylines, but this version seems more mature and deep. I love the growing bonds between the family and how it revolves around the new child. I have a hard time seeing Klaus as a father, but I can totally see him as a protector and I can’t wait to see the dynamic between him and Marcel play out.. I’m for a season of The Originials-can’t wait!

Posted at 1:53 AM on May 1, 2013

I agree with you

maren

Posted at 12:10 PM on April 26, 2013

I read on several different sites that some of the characters will be going back and forth between the two shows. And I also read that Klaus will have a new love interest in that blond bartender chick. But that he can’t seem to let go of Caroline. So I think it’s possible Klaus and Caroline will go back in forth between TVD and The Originals. The episode intrigued me, but I’m still not sure I will be a total fan. The whole baby thing? Renesmee 2.0 It’s Bella and Edward all over again. I mean, seriously, a baby? Then again, I can see Klaus being this totally sexy dad. And I suspect he will fall head over heels for his child. All in all, I hope this show can pull me in the way TVD does.

Posted at 12:56 PM on April 26, 2013

Any talk of characters going back and forth is purely speculative at this point, since The CW hasn’t actually ordered The Originals to series… yet. ;)

Posted at 1:52 AM on May 1, 2013

well they should play the series for a long time

Tiffany

Posted at 1:33 PM on April 26, 2013

How is it renesmee 2.0 you must’ve failed to realize that Bella was human. FYI Hayle is a werewolf, a supernatural creature, and so is Klaus so it would make a lot of sense for the two to conceive a child rather than Bella and Edward.

Hlaura

Posted at 2:44 PM on April 26, 2013

Amen

Posted at 1:55 AM on May 1, 2013

I no right I agree with you

Secrets

Posted at 11:58 AM on April 26, 2013

i really loved the episode but i NEED more klaroline! it’s not fair to the viewers if the writers keep throwing little pieces of their relationship to us but not develop it! KLAROLINE FTW!!!
and please let elijah and katherine stay together; they’re so sweet together.
this episode was pretty good, and i agree that it made me forget about elena and all the boring stuff happening in mystic falls.

Posted at 12:57 PM on April 26, 2013

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing Klaus/Caroline come to an end. But I know the ‘Klaroline’ community is strong & vocal.

Posted at 1:58 AM on May 1, 2013

I think Hayley an klus should be together but I dont mind if Karoline and klus are togeth
er

Georgia Peach

Posted at 11:30 AM on April 26, 2013

I loved this episode. I hope the Originals goes to series. I love the whole vibe and the darker tone….vampires being vampires…. No one can make an entrance like Elijah. As for Klaus having the ability to impregnate Hayley, I think this takes the reason Esther bound his werewolf side to a whole new level. I don’t think Klaus could get just any she wolf pregnant. I think it has to do with Hayley birthmark and the “mystical” werewolf clan of her ancestry. The pregnancy has certainly rocked the Supernatural community. I do not have a problem at all with the “baby” twist. It certainly raises the stakes for the Original family. It does not mean Klaus will fall in love with Hayley because I do not believe for a minute that is where the story is going, but he will have to protect her and his child.

Hlaura

Posted at 2:43 PM on April 26, 2013

I agree whole heartedly

Hellz_Kat

Posted at 11:28 AM on April 26, 2013

I was extremelly disappointed! I have been dying to see the develpment between Kaus and Caroline. I wish they’d stick to their original story and plot before moving to another. I am disgusted at the thought of hayley and klaus. And this baby will only ruin his possible relationship with caroline. Which had been developing a lot this season, and in the last few episodes. The plot of this episode was mildly interesting but very similar to buffy and angel and i hated how that played out too. So overall, No don’t make this show please.

Posted at 12:56 PM on April 26, 2013

The baby will complicate things, for sure, but Klaus clearly has no romantic feelings for Hayley. She’ll give birth to his heir, but that’s where it ends. He’s clearly still in love with Caroline.

Posted at 2:06 AM on May 1, 2013

I hate you for saying that but I think the show should continue

Posted at 2:10 AM on May 1, 2013

no way the baby should stay with the parents not be kid napt

epicanta

Posted at 9:39 AM on April 26, 2013

Hopefully katherine will kidnap the baby

Posted at 10:35 AM on April 26, 2013

Haha, I’m sure there will be plenty of baby drama ahead. And I’d love for Katherine to be involved.

Zella

Posted at 6:57 AM on April 26, 2013

uninteresting and stupid. New actresses terrible. Only The Vampire Diaries! Spin-off good-bye!

Posted at 10:36 AM on April 26, 2013

I disagree. Klaus & Elijah were at their best in this episode, and Marcel is awesome. There were a lot of new characters and concepts to introduce, and I think it was very well fit into a single hour.

Kaaro

Posted at 6:54 AM on April 26, 2013

it was a perfect season final, Hayley pregnant and Klaus finally see’s the good in having the child in the end. can’t wait for season 5

Posted at 10:34 AM on April 26, 2013

It wasn’t the season finale. :) There are still two more episodes!

Betany

Posted at 6:54 AM on April 26, 2013

The absolute failure(

Stop

Posted at 6:48 AM on April 26, 2013

The spin-off of shame!Stupid!

Posted at 10:36 AM on April 26, 2013

The spin-off of shame?! That seems a little harsh. I loved it.

Posted at 2:13 AM on May 1, 2013

no it was so cool the pregnancy is the best part

Posted at 2:21 AM on May 1, 2013

its not stupid its a good idea

Kamilla

Posted at 6:04 AM on April 26, 2013

I really loved this episode. I would love the spin-off to be picked up. I’m still a big fan of Klaroline, and i loved the call he made. I still don’t like the idea of Klaus and Hayley as a couple-something, and a baby with hayley as the mother… but i really loved the story in this episode, and i’m sure the spin-off would be awesome. So yeah, i’m bummed this may be the end for Klaroline, but I would love to watch the spin-off.

Amber

Posted at 4:27 AM on April 26, 2013

Well I’ll say that in Angel, I hate the baby season, it’s sucked, I only watched it cause I wanted both Cordelia and Angel to be together as for Wesley and Fred. But now, the baby idea for The Original, PLEASE NO! OMG! I prefered TVD with The Originals, it made it fun to watch and I like the idea of a spin off series. But without Caroline and Katherine to make it exciting, it kind of sucks with only the Michaelson family, don’t get me wrong ,I love them, but without Caroline or Katherine, it’s missing something. I loved the Triangle between Tyle Caroline and Klaus. It’s a shame that they’re going to match Klaus with some brainy human. :(

ash

Posted at 2:24 AM on April 26, 2013

Tvd started off widout the originals and can still go on widout it
But originals widout the mystic falls clan?? So far from the pilot I don’t think its gonna work.and hayley and klaus?? Yuck.what r the writers doing??

Posted at 10:37 AM on April 26, 2013

‘The Originals’ has a very different feel to it, and I like that. It’ll be more about the politics of the supernatural world, which is pretty cool.

Posted at 2:17 AM on May 1, 2013

OMG get over your self it a good idea for klus and Hayley. the is a cool idea

Posted at 2:19 AM on May 1, 2013

OMG get over your self its a better idea then you will ever come up with.

Posted at 2:26 AM on May 1, 2013

don’t pay attention to the last thing

deligheto q whiskey

Posted at 2:02 AM on April 26, 2013

the idea of claus having a beby is makin the show a soap opera.cause the next thing wil be lyk ’20 years later-the baby has grown then tel us the beby ix worse than claus’ generaly the idea ix pathetic both claus n hailey should be killed

Katerina

Posted at 1:25 AM on April 26, 2013

I liked it. I like the idea with the child.And I am glad that Hailey is the mother. I’ll be watching this show! I believe that Klaus would be King! TeamKlausAndHayley

Posted at 2:27 AM on May 1, 2013

same here

Tina

Posted at 12:40 AM on April 26, 2013

Hayley is the worst…just kill her off already!! I mean, how pathetic that they made her pregnant so that her existence would have more meaning on the show. If she dies, the show will automatically get better!!

Posted at 12:57 PM on April 26, 2013

lol I always thought Hayley was the worst (next to April, of course) but now I’m digging her.

Posted at 2:29 AM on May 1, 2013

no if she off show it will automatically be less interesting

Sam

Posted at 12:03 AM on April 26, 2013

Seriously? This episode was the most boring worthless and retarded episode of the Vampire Diaries yet. If they want to make episodes all about the originals, they should take their own series. I think it will do poorly and I won’t watch it but still. Haley being pregnant thing is the worst idea yet. What happened to the days where the Vampire Diaries was about Elena, Stefan, Damon, and the other characters. The original crap has gotten old. Move on.

alex

Posted at 12:09 AM on April 26, 2013

This was the pilot for the spinoff…..not an actual tvd episode

Posted at 10:37 AM on April 26, 2013

No, this was also an actual episode of The Vampire Diaries.

Posted at 2:31 AM on May 1, 2013

it has ben the most interesting episode jet

alex

Posted at 11:52 PM on April 25, 2013

Anybody see how they are copying Buffy….first Silas is the original evil and now haylee is Darla who has a baby thats impossible…its going to get old fast if they continue to copy buff

Posted at 2:33 AM on May 1, 2013

no your worg

silvia

Posted at 11:00 PM on April 25, 2013

I’m still laughing about as senseless is pregnancy’s story! but it is true? they are serious??
even those who write fanfiction would have invented something better. sorry because it all seems a soap opera, and the originals would had such potential. IM NOT GOING TO WATCH!

Posted at 10:38 AM on April 26, 2013

Seriously? I loved the pregnancy twist. I’m glad they didn’t make Elena or Caroline or any of the main people pregnant.

Posted at 2:35 AM on May 1, 2013

your worg ist alsome im going to supory phoebe/Hayley and watch THE SHOW

ti

Posted at 10:37 PM on April 25, 2013

Watch The Vampire Diaries Season 4, Episode 20 – The Originals

Watch The Vampire Diaries S04, E20 @@ –>> h t t p : / / t i n y . c c / x e e 4 v w

Posted at 2:37 AM on May 1, 2013

oh im going to watch you don’t think about it

Julia

Posted at 10:05 PM on April 25, 2013

The Originals will make an amazing show. It feels more mature than Vampire Diaries, which may give it a bigger audience. I love both shows and hope both with thrive for years to come :)

Posted at 2:38 AM on May 1, 2013

I agree

Sarah

Posted at 9:58 PM on April 25, 2013

I’m so over TVD, this is my new fave show. Not sure about the baby aspect though, especially if Hayley’s the mother…barf! At this point, I kind of wish it was a stranger carrying his child…

Posted at 10:38 AM on April 26, 2013

lol she practically is a stranger ;)

Hellz_Kat

Posted at 11:22 AM on April 26, 2013

I get you’re enthusiatic, but you seem to be sticking around to ‘de-bunk’ others comments. We get it you’re on board. We all don’t have to be, we’re all entitled to our own opinion. Comment and move on, no one likes a troll.

Posted at 2:40 AM on May 1, 2013

no not really the baby is great you should get barft on for bulling phoebe

Justin Burnell

Posted at 9:27 PM on April 25, 2013

Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
Tonight’s episode was awesome. I love it!! ‘The Originals’ is going to be my new favorite show!!

Posted at 2:41 AM on May 1, 2013

same

abe

Posted at 9:26 PM on April 25, 2013

don’t walk alone at midnight in west hollywood.
those F*ggots…………….YOU NEVER KNOW.