Alex Pettyfer Confirmed To Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Film — Source

Wed, April 24, 2013 7:10pm EDT by 307 Comments
Alex Pettyfer Christian Grey
SplashNews

Marine

Posted at 2:31 AM on June 24, 2013

MATT BOMER IS THE PERFECT CHRISTIAN GREY! He’s a good actor, has a great body and he’s the most handsome man on earth! We <3 you, Matt.

Laurie

Posted at 12:54 PM on June 23, 2013

It should have been Ian or Ryan Gosling!! This movie is going to suck!!

nicole

Posted at 5:05 PM on June 22, 2013

Believe me, Ian is hotter than hot but he doesn’t have the right characteristics to be Christian grey. He’s to short and his hair is way to dark. I think they need to keep looking for someone who can complete the part. Alex is NOT the right guy! I t blood Leonardo DiCaprio would be good. He’s tall has the right hair and eyes and can play any role they throw at him. I’m not sure who should play Ana’s role still thinking on that one. She should be average height, on the skinny side with dark brown hair and blue eyes and just average in looks.

nicole

Posted at 4:54 PM on June 22, 2013

Alex should not be cast as Christian grey! Leonardo DiCaprio should be! Remember Christian is tall and dirty blonde/gold color. Leonardo would be perfect!

Carlethyia aka CoCo

Posted at 1:27 AM on June 21, 2013

Alex Pettyfer is the perfect choice. He is young and fresh faced. He is hot. He has that boyish grin, that sly smile and that ability to look mean, all business, intimidating, as well as conflicted, and felt unloved, just like described in the book. Look at the movie Beastly; it’s all there, the talent. And the way he looks in a suit! OOH MY!! Picture him with no shirt and ripped jeans! And the magazine cover he was on with that white suit and his facial hair. All I can say is SEXY! The only person I would picture as Christian Grey while reading the books was Alex Pettyfer, and that was before I even knew it was going to be made into a movie. HE IS CHRISTIAN GREY!!!!!! Alex is the one.

ali

Posted at 5:14 PM on June 22, 2013

finally! a voice of reason. alex pettyfer for christian grey please!

Jenna

Posted at 12:08 PM on June 25, 2013

I totally agree with you. I pictured Alex P the whole time as I read the book. It’s something about his ability to look boyish (like Christian is…a lost boy deep down) and sexy and mean at the same time.

Carlethyia aka CoCo

Posted at 1:21 AM on June 21, 2013

Serena

Posted at 7:27 AM on June 20, 2013

IAN SOMERHALDER MUST HAVE A ROLE! ARE THIS RUMORS ONLY BECAUSE THE DIRECTOR MAKE A SCENE FOR PETTYFER!! BUT WE WANT IAN! IAN IS ONLY ONE CHRISTIAN GREY!PLEASE CLOSE THIS RUMORS!!?!!????!!!!

Amanda

Posted at 7:24 AM on June 20, 2013

I WANT IAN SOMERHALDER NOT PETTYFER AND NOT OTHERS!!!?!!!?!!!!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!???

Greta

Posted at 7:23 AM on June 20, 2013

I WANT IAN! !!!!!!!??!!!!!!!!!!!!W

Sarah

Posted at 7:21 AM on June 20, 2013

WE WANT IAN SOMERHALDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sinelia@yahoo.com.br

Posted at 1:34 PM on June 18, 2013

No!!! Matt Bommer was the one!!!!

Kristen

Posted at 12:52 PM on June 20, 2013

YES MATT!!!!! He is the best choice! I refuse to watch or spend any more money on Fifty Shades of Grey if they chose any one other than Matt Bomer.

Voneta Kirschman

Posted at 9:35 PM on June 15, 2013

No one will go see the movie now. He’s a dufus. We want Ian… We want Ian!!! Come on! what idiot would pick this guy? stupid move. If he’s their choice there’s something really wrong. What book did they read? It wasn’t 50 Shades of Gray. More like BROKE BACK MOUNTAIN!
….

Angela Maynard

Posted at 1:44 PM on June 15, 2013

Please tell me this is not who we have to look forward to the Fifty Shades movie! He does not look the part or is hot enough to be Christian. My choice is COLIN EGGLESFIELD all the way. He has the look, the sex appeal and the eyes!

Deana

Posted at 9:50 PM on June 12, 2013

Jase Dean alllll the way!!

cookie

Posted at 10:53 PM on June 6, 2013

Who is alex pettyfreakingfer compared to Matt and Ian? Don’t they have enough budget that’s why they settled for this NOT-MERCURIAL person?!

Marissa

Posted at 1:25 AM on June 6, 2013

I think Alexander Skarsgard
And Ellen Page would be the perfect lead roles.
they’ve both got the looks, and the style.

ella

Posted at 8:15 AM on June 5, 2013

kristen steward??! heck no! she will definitely ruin the movie with that ‘one and only one’ expression of hers. and Ian Somerhalder is perfect for Grey

Voneta Kirschman

Posted at 9:37 PM on June 15, 2013

Well said… I love your ‘not’ choice of Kristen and your ‘perfect’ choice in Ian Somerhalder. She’s as BLAH ash he is AHHHH!

carmen

Posted at 5:18 AM on June 5, 2013

Noooo! He can’t be Christian!!!

Ian and Alex yes♡

Posted at 5:26 PM on June 2, 2013

Ele não tem nada a ver com o perfil descrito no livro sobre Christian Grey. Isto é um grande erro. Estou decepcionada.

Paula

Posted at 5:25 PM on May 31, 2013

please no.. he can’t be Chrisian.

paulina

Posted at 6:59 AM on May 31, 2013

Matt Bomer should play him,he is perfect for this role…

DaphneHamm (@Divalicious1970)

Posted at 11:31 AM on June 9, 2013

He is gay, he has confirmed this!

Kristen

Posted at 12:54 PM on June 20, 2013

Who cares if he is gay? The man who plays Spock in the Star Trek movies is gay and he still does an amazing job. Don’t judge some one cause they are gay!

DaphneHamm (@Divalicious1970)

Posted at 9:11 PM on June 10, 2013

He is gay and cannot play this role!

Hulya

Posted at 5:27 PM on May 29, 2013

i think, Alex is hot but not enough for Mr. Grey role. Mr. Grey is dominant, hot, angry, master etc. But Alex isn’t… Please tell me, this is a joke !!!

Svenja Pfister

Posted at 3:47 AM on May 29, 2013

ouw no pleas not, Matt Bomer or Ian Somerhalder would be better for the role… He’s hot but too young for Mr. Gery… The role of Anna I think Steel would be with Alexis Bledel or Rachel Bilson much better reception than with Minka Kelly. Alexis and Rachel would be purchased from the innocence yet

Cris

Posted at 3:16 AM on May 25, 2013

Ugh what is disappointment he looks way to innocent. I mean
it’s supposed to be believable and I can’t picture him doing any of the stuff that was written. Ian Somerhalder is the perfect man to cast as Christian Grey. No one else has sexy dominating look or attitude.

Sad!

Posted at 11:26 PM on May 25, 2013

I completely agree!!! VERY DISAPPOINTING!!!!!

Tracy

Posted at 7:14 PM on May 27, 2013

I agree!! Not sure how this series can even be made into a movie series, without an X rating, but Alex was perfect for “the kid” in Magic Mike. Ian is my idea of Christian Grey!! Who put Rob in the running here?? Seriously, he wasn’t even right for Twilight, not anywhere near Christian Grey status!!

Sally

Posted at 11:34 AM on May 24, 2013

I think Alex is PERFECT! When I was thinking about who could play I was thinking of all the qualities that I thought were needed and I thought of Alex Pettyfer and I was like.. That’s the one, he’s perfect (IMO) so I’m really happy to see that he is at least a strong contender if not officially-officially cast (more than a source anyway)

I know everyone has equally strong opinions, just remember when Twilight was in the works there was a lot of mixed reactions on who was cast but in the end I think it worked out well.

Tracy

Posted at 7:21 PM on May 27, 2013

Strong opinions were cast on Twilight cause that was also an amazing series ruined by the movie. Edward was described as being so drop dead gorgeous, it was painful. While Rob is cute, he is not the perfection of Edward. Also, his hot car was literally when the theater burst into laughter… How hot is a hatch back volvo? The original director deserved to be fired after the first movie!! Don’t even get me started on Kristen “one expression” Stewart, the HO!!!

ronabelles

Posted at 12:37 AM on June 25, 2013

yes, I totally agree with you and the first one who leaved comment here, Alex Pettyfer is the best choice for Christian Grey’s Role, while reading and after reading that novel, the way E.L James describe Christian Grey, everything about him made me realize that it’s Alex Pettyfer who is suited for that role, everything about Christian Grey, the eyes, boyish grin, sly smile the body and the way Alex wear his suit:D The naive and innocent face he has at the same time the dominant characteristics of Christian Grey, i think Pettyfer can learned that cause i think his a great actor besides there’s a directors who will help him to attain and to fill the Christian Grey’s characteristics for the said movie.
Also salute to some opinions out there, well you have your own opinion, i have my own opinion.
Alex is my choice, let’s just wait for the confirmation of directors of the said Fifty Shades the Movie, whoever the lead role can be, I will be happy, at the same time I am looking forward to see and to watch Alex Pettyfer as Christian Grey, if he’s not then let’s be happy since we are all fans of 50 shades of Gray.:D