Alex Pettyfer Confirmed To Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Film — Source

Wed, April 24, 2013 7:10pm EDT by 307 Comments
Alex Pettyfer Christian Grey
SplashNews

Nikki

Posted at 7:26 AM on May 24, 2013

Alex is perfect! Looks great with “copper” hair (which is how CG is described in each book). Matt and Ian, no thanks. Matt, not rough enough looking. Ian, what’s with the creepy eye thing, please stop doing it, yes your eyes are amazing in pictures but WAY too much emphasis on them! Alex I think can live up to CG, otherwise bring in a fresh face (yay, someone new to drool over!!!)

amanda

Posted at 3:38 PM on May 23, 2013

Hell yea I agree with you veronica!! Charlie hunnam all the way!!! If had to pick a second choice would be chris hemsworth.. ana shouldbe alexis bledel or mila kunis!!

amanda

Posted at 3:31 PM on May 23, 2013

zoe

Posted at 9:27 AM on May 23, 2013

Nooooo way, he looks nothing like Christian Grey, Matt Bomer is Christian Grey.

veronica

Posted at 10:04 AM on May 20, 2013

The part should go to Charlie Hunnam. He is awesome in Sons of Anarchy. He has the perfect balance of boyish good looks and intense charisma!! Why are they wasting their time with Alex ? and Ian Somerholder?

Alison

Posted at 4:49 PM on May 18, 2013

matt bomer does not resemble christian grey. not at all. i am so tired of hearing about him. yes, he is beautiful, but he does not resemble cg. i am wondering if anyone actually read these books????? alex pettyfer fits the description. especially the pics of him w/his hair touseled. he can pull off arrogant from his modeling days, and he can pull off vulnerable/beastly.

Nikki

Posted at 7:13 AM on May 24, 2013

100% agreed! Finally!!!!

ronabelles

Posted at 2:01 AM on June 25, 2013

yes ms Alison, i am totally agreed with you. While reminiscing the novel of 50 shades ive read, i am totally convinced that it must be Pettyfer wo should takes the role, the way e.L James described CG in the novel, i always compare CG to Alex Pettyfer. :D

d walquist

Posted at 4:40 PM on May 17, 2013

mat bomer and alex blendel

Kate

Posted at 9:40 AM on May 17, 2013

Matt Bomer, I’ve heard him say like 20 of the lines from the book in White Collar and his other movies, NO ONE will ever look as good in a suit as he does. Also, he constantly runs his hand through his hair and bites his tongue…likeeee Christian, Before I’d even heard of him that’s how I imagined Christian Grey. I would actually go with anyone just not Alex Pettyfer :S he’s far too young and doesn’t come close to fitting the description

Ice Cher

Posted at 10:29 PM on May 16, 2013

Aw. I see Matt Bomer as Christian Grey but we have created our own Christian in our imagination besides Alex looks great

hosting

Posted at 9:37 AM on May 16, 2013

Fantastic post! I cannot say the last time I study so much beneficial information all in 1 location. You make powerful factors that I agree with and comprehend. You’ve carried out a great job on this.

daphne

Posted at 7:56 PM on May 15, 2013

i think gabriel aubry would be perfect

MOnique

Posted at 2:45 PM on May 14, 2013

Taylor Kitsch should play Christian Grey And i think every woman on the planet would agree with me

Tiffany Green

Posted at 5:39 PM on May 14, 2013

monique i agree taylor kitsch would work but i love alex too

MOnique

Posted at 2:40 PM on May 14, 2013

this man cannot play Christian grey he isnt sexy not cute nor handsome nor nothing, he is wack and i cannot belive you would consider him, you need to think about what women would like to see when going to the movies to see this movie , please reconsider another actor, i will petition 100 women plus that will agree that another man should play christian grey, we want to satify our eyes not hurt em.. Jesus

Hachikohachi

Posted at 6:00 AM on May 14, 2013

No you’re all wrong I prefer Chris Pine as Christian Grey because he has that all the quality of Christian Grey

Tiffany Green

Posted at 1:06 PM on May 14, 2013

well with the muscular sense chris pine doesnt have that part. he hardly has muscles. hes regular sized too. alex has more muscle than chris. i mean have you seen his guns in magic mike? hello!!!!

Tiffany Green

Posted at 1:07 PM on May 14, 2013

no chris dont he hardly has muscles thats required for christian.

Alexandria M Snippert

Posted at 3:05 PM on May 13, 2013

I think Alex will do great in the role. Clearly us women and our fantasies see Christian differently because we are all different. Obviously if this is true then Alex is going to have an enormous bit of stepping up to do to pull this off. I say good luck to him.

Joyce

Posted at 1:41 PM on May 12, 2013

Aaron Taylor Johnson would be more like it. An actual actor with range who can carry a movie be versatile and look the part. Unlike Alex who is far better as a blond and his ears are huge. Ian Somerhalder lacks the talent and has only succeeded on Vampire Diaries mugging (making faces) all the live long day. And Matt Bomer, who has recently come out of the closet (mad respect) was invisible next to Channing Tatum in Magic Mike as was Alex Pettyfer. I pray this is not true about Alex. Even Ryan Gosling would be a better call. But hollywood loves to get it wrong so I won’t hold my breath.

Julie

Posted at 5:32 AM on May 12, 2013

I personally pick Christian bale for this role. But, haven’t said tht, he’s kinda old for the role. Remember him on American pyscho? He’s bloody awesome. He’s 6’0 tall, he’s got perfect physique, he’s handsome, and he’s mysterious. Perfect fit! But the age and the fact that he will definitely say no. Second bet would be Benjamin Barnes, because above statement do for to him as well. As for, Alex he’s alright I think he can portray it. Just that Christian grey sounds so perfect in the book. Meaning no one can portray him. But I think Alex can. And besides they’re all English actors! Woot woot woot!

ronabelles

Posted at 2:08 AM on June 25, 2013

Agree with you Julie, not all things and descriptions stated on the said novel can carried out perfectly but through the use of right time I totally agree that Alex can portray CG as what the fans of 50 shades of Gray want.

ImABeastie

Posted at 1:10 AM on May 12, 2013

Matt Bomer would be perfect to play the role of Christian Grey but I would also consider Ian Somerhalder. just not Alex Pettyfer. He’s too young for the role.

Shiomitchi joyce

Posted at 1:37 PM on May 10, 2013

I think matt bomer will fit the role of Christian grey

Tinpenny

Posted at 6:30 PM on May 9, 2013

Alex isn’t “beefy” enough, he’s regular sized. This role calls for someone at least 6ft tall and broad shoulders.

Donna

Posted at 4:45 PM on May 9, 2013

Ian Somerhalder is the only actor who could really pull off playing the part of Christian Grey!!!

Seriously, he would be perfect!!

Sex on legs!!!!!!!

Odette

Posted at 10:43 AM on May 22, 2013

I couldn`t agree more….he is “Christian Grey”. He is absolute EYE CANDY! He has the all the right qualities to make this movie – SO HOT!! I would love to see this made into a movie and go and watch it…yet I won`t if the rumour about Alex play`n ” Christian” is true…he is handsome but he does not personify “SEX ON LEGS”! My Husband is gonna kill me but come on people for once give us ladies something we really want!!!! WE WANT IAN SOMERHALDER AS CHRISTIAN GREY!!!

bella

Posted at 2:40 PM on May 9, 2013

I Think Matt Bomer or Kellan Lutz would make delicious Mr. Grey’s

sotiria

Posted at 6:58 AM on May 9, 2013

Matt Bomer should be Christian Grey! HE IS THE BEST FOR THAT ROLE.

melissa bean

Posted at 10:33 PM on May 8, 2013

Alexander Skarsgardand Amanda Seytfreid

kathy

Posted at 12:54 PM on May 8, 2013

Y’all are all stuck on this Matt guy…I am over it. I have been saying since this all started that they need no bodies like they did with those Twilight kids to make it work…I now furthermore stand by my personal opinion…Bc people are too obsessed over this. Ps..that Matt guy looks like he has eye liner on 24/7 because of his dark lashes…it freaks me out. I embrace a fresh new face for the part and hope the producers do as well :)))