Alex Pettyfer Confirmed To Star In ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ Film — Source

Wed, April 24, 2013 7:10pm EST by 307 Comments
Alex Pettyfer Christian Grey
SplashNews

rachel

Posted at 10:36 AM on May 8, 2013

what about Ian Somerhalden???no one has even mentioned this gorgeous actor who is even one of the 3 favourites to be chosen for christian grey….he is perfect for the job i even imagined the same face whilst reading the books go Ian go…..

kat

Posted at 9:21 PM on May 7, 2013

i have been for matt bomer since the day i finished reading all books. perfect mix of sexiness, agressiveness, style and attitude. alex is definitely NOT christian grey material

Samah Cookie Khan

Posted at 8:58 PM on May 7, 2013

it’s henry cavill, and ONLY henry cavill I imagine when I read the books! No one else is as perfect for the role in looks and presence. HENRY CAVILL OR GTFO

Nina

Posted at 5:11 PM on May 7, 2013

HENRY CAVILL IS PERFECTTTTT WATCH HIM KMG HE’s perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HENRY IS CHRISTIAN

Patricia

Posted at 10:38 AM on May 7, 2013

Please Matt Bomer should play Christian Grey… And not… Alex… He’s NOT for the job… NO… and I don’t like him in the suit… it doesn’t look good on him and if I remember correctly Christian Grey LOOKS GOOD in a suit… and in everything he wears… okay?

Jessica

Posted at 4:43 PM on May 7, 2013

Finally! I agree 100% with someone!

dana fuller

Posted at 12:30 AM on May 7, 2013

Alex is perfect if you read the books you would know that Matt Bomer is nice but to short and to old. Christian is only 27. Alex Pettyfer as Christian Grey

Patricia

Posted at 10:48 AM on May 7, 2013

There’s always a thing called ‘make up’ and what if Matt Bomer is too short? its not like there will be a measuring tape beside him if ever he will play for Christian Grey… right?

ali

Posted at 2:44 PM on May 14, 2013

alex pettyfer matches the physical description of christian grey, his hair, his physique. google images, he looks fantastic when his hair is longer and tousled sexy on top. he can also do clean cut and sexy in a suit, and he can play arrogant and vulnerable believeably. i do not understand the bomer and somerhalder fascination. bomer is too old, and both men are too dark in appearance, and a little too “pretty” for my taste. just because a man is beautiful, doesn’t make him suited for the role. if you would all just agree with me, we could get this over with.

Tiffany Green

Posted at 5:42 PM on May 14, 2013

matt bomer is good but hes too old to play him

Leigh Ann

Posted at 11:28 PM on May 6, 2013

I would love to see Cillian Murphy play Christian. He is so mysterious and those eyes are unnerving!

Mirtha Torreiro

Posted at 6:54 PM on May 6, 2013

Me decepcionó la elección del actor que interpretará a Cristian Grey. Matt Bomer era el indicado para el papel.

Kaytlyn Smith

Posted at 2:01 PM on May 6, 2013

I personally think that Wentworth Miller should play Christian Grey. He is so much hotter than the other guys chosen. Honestly I don’t know why people haven’t thought of him at all

Mack

Posted at 6:19 PM on May 5, 2013

Matt Bomer is not tall enough. Whom ever plays Christain Grey needs to be at least 8 inches taller than Ana. Therefore, it all depends on who plays Ana. Also, Mia needs to be quite a bit taller than Ana.

benio hanamura

Posted at 8:45 AM on May 4, 2013

Matt Bomer is too old. Alex is perfect, he is handsome, sexy and misterious!!!

patricia

Posted at 5:36 PM on May 3, 2013

noooooooooooo, no offense to him ( alex ) but he is no christian grey !!!!! the only person that can and should play that character is Matt Bomer he was born for that role and I think that e.l james must have had him as in insperation when she started to develop the character omg please let it be Matt Bomer !!!!!!!!

Taylor

Posted at 11:08 PM on May 3, 2013

I definatley agree with you!!! Matt Bomer all the way for Christian. He is beyond perfect for the role!

Patricia

Posted at 10:00 AM on May 7, 2013

You Rock!!! I agree with you… I can’t even picture Alex as Christian Grey

Jen

Posted at 12:17 AM on May 8, 2013

Watch magic mike and watch him steam up / steal each scene with a mix of seductiveness, raw sex appeal, playfulness, aggressiveness, – after seeing Alex pettyfer in that movie I then read shade of grey and could only imagine him in that role!

Cc

Posted at 12:24 AM on May 3, 2013

Please people do not believe this bs. First if all no offense to this kid but they’re not gonna hire an actor like him to play Christian grey. Hes also too young. Secondly, anytime u here “a source very close to…” That means its probably not true. I wouldn’t believe any casting info until I hear it confirmed by the production and its stated on television! The Internet is full of bs and it’s easy to be fooled. They won’t pick this kid, not if their smart.

Taylor

Posted at 11:10 PM on May 3, 2013

I feel the exact same way. No way this guy could be able to play the role and the producers do need to please the majorities and Alex just doesn’t cut it as Christian.

isil

Posted at 4:20 PM on May 2, 2013

Of course Matt Bomer must be Christian Grey! Who is Alex? come on!!

Rosie

Posted at 11:35 AM on May 2, 2013

NO NO NO NO! Matt Bomer would have been PERFECT Christian Grey! Oh well.. now I don’t have to go to see the movie

Jonelyn

Posted at 5:25 AM on May 2, 2013

Please consider second thought about this, I can’t even imagine him wearing that grey tie and do kinky stuffs, he doesn’t have that effect Matt Bomer has the first time I saw him.

Please, I know some of my words dont make sense because, honestly, I feel so mad right now.

Genevieve BomerCaff

Posted at 12:18 AM on May 2, 2013

Is this some kind of joke?

silvia

Posted at 10:56 AM on May 1, 2013

No no y noooo MATT BOMER ES PERFECTO, o es matt o la pelicula no sive!!!!!

Harley

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 30, 2013

NO! No! NO! no!
Terrible choice. Absolutely terrible.

Did these shmucks even read the damn books?

Jessica

Posted at 3:08 PM on April 30, 2013

I won’t even watch the movie if this is true! He’s too young. He’s too short. and just too much of a child to play such a mature role. Don’t get me a wrong he is a good lookin kid, but that’s all he is.

Laura Gomez-Cid (@Lalalalis09)

Posted at 2:59 PM on April 30, 2013

No, no, no!!! This is MATT BOMER’S role!! And if for some reason Matt can’t do it, then it’s HENRY CAVILL’S!! Both actors are much better looking, better qualified and just overall better suited for the role. I have nothing against Pettyfer, he’s not bad looking but please! Ugh, I hope this isn’t true. :'(

Heidi

Posted at 12:40 AM on April 30, 2013

Kristen Stewart is a HORRIBLE pick. I can’t believe it was even suggested. Picking a woman for Anastasia’s role is very difficult though. If we’re playing off Twilight though, Ashley Greene would be a good fit. She can play the innocent role, as seen in her Alice performance, but she also has the whole “eyes too big for the face”, kind of fawny appearance that Ana has. I think Mila Kunis is already too established for this role and I agree Jennifer Lawrence has a depth to her that is far beyond this character. Maybe Amanda Seyfried would work in this role. She’s so gorgeous and I really think she could capture the essence of the Anastasia character. She’s very good with the “girl transitioning to woman” type of role. Not meaning to say that’s all she is good at, but she just simply does an amazing job with that sort of character. She’s incredible.

As for Alex Pettyfer, I think he fits the role. I originally fell in love with the idea of that guy from White Collar playing Christian. Then again, Stephen Amell would work too, but Alex really is a great match. He’s still kind of this unknown actor in a sense since he hasn’t done much since Magic Mike. His body is flawless and he’s absolutely delicious. I think this could be a good move for him to really show what he’s capable of, acting-wise. I agree, too, that Ian isn’t a good fit just simply because we know him all too well. He’s witty and unbelievably sexy with the dark hair, glistening eyes and a smolder that makes straight men quake but I’m not sure he could really break from his established form of acting and really make this character its own. It’s almost like Christian Grey would be competing with Ian Somerhalder as opposed to the two becoming one.

Mack

Posted at 6:24 PM on May 5, 2013

I agree with the Amanda Seyfried comments. She is a good height, and has big blue eyes. Just need to dye her hair. She was my choice when I heard the movie was going to be made.

tobias

Posted at 10:04 PM on April 29, 2013

yeah right,,,!!!! i dont really think he could be christian grey… grrrr

tobias

Posted at 10:03 PM on April 29, 2013

yeah right,,,!!!! i dont really think he could be christian grey

Pam

Posted at 11:12 AM on April 29, 2013

Alex noooooooooooo… He is kind of cute but definitely not Christian Grey!

Karen Hunsinger

Posted at 2:19 PM on April 29, 2013

HE is PERFECT for Christian Grey!

tama

Posted at 3:48 PM on April 29, 2013

OMG right??? i can’t even believe he’s gonna be christian…i’m so sad about it! i like him but not as a christian, so disappointed