Selena Gomez, Taylor Swift & More: The Biggest Revenge Songs

Sun, April 21, 2013 8:30am EDT by 33 Comments
Celebrity Revenge Songs
Courtesy of Twitter, Big Machine Records, Capitol Records, Interscope Records

Yunice

Posted at 5:12 AM on April 28, 2013

Even though it doesn’t seem very sophisticated to write songs about exes, you have to admit the songs are pretty great.

giin

Posted at 4:24 PM on April 25, 2013

it is bad form to write songs about your ex when they are well known figures themselves. anonymity is a precious commodity, famous exes of revenge songs clearly don’t have that priviledge. it is mean to put those people at risk of being criticised by the whole world. regardless of how much pain (exaggerated suffering) they might have put the other through. it was their choice to date another celebrity. an anonymous person can escape that but not a celeb. don’t make the exes private life public if they are at risk of being slated or criticised by the public in general.

jelena43ver

Posted at 9:40 AM on April 23, 2013

Taylor’ u did a good job (I knew u were trouble). But selena’ u did a gr8 job! (Come n get it)!!!!

idenwsk

Posted at 12:21 AM on April 23, 2013

These songs are nothing compared to Swift’s ultimate masterpieces such as All Too Well, Cold As You, Dear John (in the list) and White Horse.

Amanda

Posted at 10:28 AM on April 22, 2013

Demi lovato didn’t written skyscraper so it has nothing to do with joe jonas. She said it was towards her bullies and haters. Also I knew you were trouble is for John Mayer. Just look at the music video the guy looks just like him not Harry

bestie

Posted at 7:11 AM on April 22, 2013

taylor swift is a whore. that is a fact.

runes

Posted at 7:06 AM on April 22, 2013

taylor met harry even before october and they hooked up for a brief period. she admitted that the song is about Harry. anyway, these revenge songs, especially the ones written by Taylor, are very stupid. why can’t she write about more meaningful songs about life. why is it always about boys, boys boys and flaunting their new boyfriends… she seems so selfish and self absorbed.

and her fans keep living in the fantasy that she cares about them… she cares only because she gets money out of your pocket when you buy her albums and concert tickets! that is reality for you.

swiftie

Posted at 8:29 PM on May 6, 2013

Excuse me but

swiftiedefender

Posted at 8:43 PM on May 6, 2013

Excuse me,but not all of her songs are about boys.Have you heard the song “Mean”,”Long Live” and “Ronan”??? Those we’re songs she wrote that are not connected to love life. And she wrote songs for us swifties to be inspired.And you say she’s selfish and self-absorbed??? Well,here is reality my dear,she wrote the song “Ronan” for the kid who died of cancer.And she goes to kids who are ill.She donates her money to charities!! I think you commented this cuz you haven’t seen this side of her,you always see the bad side of T-Swift.

I’m her fan and I don’t live in the fantasy that she cares about us,that’s why she write all her songs because she cares about us.And we swifties are dedicated and loyal.She deserves the money out of our pocket because she helps us see things in a different way…THAT IS REALITY FOR YOU!!!

midnight_cinnamon

Posted at 9:11 PM on May 6, 2013

THANK YOU FOR SAYING WHAT I’VE BEEN TELLING PEOPLE FOR LIKE THE LAST FOUR YEARS. THANK YOU. THANK YOU.

Directioner;)

Posted at 6:39 AM on April 22, 2013

Dear Hollywoodlife, Demi Lovato’s ‘Skyscraber’ wasn’t about Joe Jonas. It was to her bullies. Selena Gomez ‘Come & Get It’ wasn’t even written by herself, AND she said that the song weren’t about a specifik person. Taylor Swift’s ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’ wasn’t about Harry Styles. Taylors album with the song came out before she started seeing Harry. Get your facts straight!

hyacinthiabachelard99qc

Posted at 5:32 AM on April 22, 2013

Summer. even though Sharon`s st0ry is exceptional… on thursday I got a top of the range Alfa Romeo after making $9105 this – 5 weeks past and a little over ten thousand this past-month. with-out any doubt it’s the best-job Ive had. I started this seven months/ago and immediately startad bringin in at least $84, per/hr. I follow this great link,…,,..…………….. ZOO80. ¢øm

JOSH

Posted at 12:43 AM on April 22, 2013

OMG you are insulting taylor with this, those are not her best revenge songs, her masterpieces are, picture to burn and better than revenge.

Abdullh

Posted at 11:56 PM on April 21, 2013

Said Keita Berry the said land, the heart of the heart in my heart one man named Taylor Swift went

Abdullh

Posted at 11:48 PM on April 21, 2013

On my way usual every day I go to my work received a strange brought him after the love is written awaits me wants to go with me to the minimum love with me I said today I’ll spirit you my heart swear I will not leave you must not betray whatever longevity

Abdullh

Posted at 11:41 PM on April 21, 2013

My eyes are all considered in Ha minimum many people make sure i love you more expensive than people in my eyes no matter what took place he brick in human beings races remain you Habib, the spirit and the first and the last, and I lost my time and years the

hernita

Posted at 9:56 PM on April 21, 2013

but i agree if song Skyscaper was for Joe Jonas!
i think, Demi will be love to Joe! :D

Erin

Posted at 9:39 PM on April 21, 2013

IKYWT isn’t about Harry. It came out before October.

laura123

Posted at 8:49 PM on April 21, 2013

i don’t think taylor wrote i knew u were trouble for harry. the album out when taylor haven’t been with harry

kasia

Posted at 3:17 PM on April 21, 2013

truth is,everytime a celebrity breaks up with someone,no matter what song they release blog sites always say its about ex’s etc.and selena doesnt even write her ow songs :L

dani

Posted at 12:51 PM on April 21, 2013

it’s silly, all of taylor songs are the best, ooo and JT big fan of what comes around goes around

Luce Howells

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 21, 2013

COME ON GUYS! How can Selena even be counted when she doesn’t even write her own songs. They have zero value!

romi

Posted at 11:11 AM on April 21, 2013

the silliest voting ever!!doesn’t have any value

anonymous

Posted at 9:56 AM on April 21, 2013

Skyscraper wasn’t for Joe Jonas, it was for Demi’s bullies!!!

Zoo

Posted at 9:35 AM on April 21, 2013

wtf my comment was deleted? Anyways i’m fairly certain Elvis Presley is AOKLALYNI bc they type in all caps and say useless crap. The chick comments on EVERYTHING

JT is the only celeb i see up there.

Salimata

Posted at 9:32 AM on April 21, 2013

selena already said Come and Get It was not about anybody

Jerry

Posted at 9:55 PM on April 21, 2013

She also said she wasn’t dating Justin back in December 2010 and that turned out to be a big fat lie. I think her song “Come and get it” IS about Justin.

LOL

Posted at 6:33 AM on April 22, 2013

Oh dear, first of all Selena didn’t even write Come & Get it. And Sel said to Ryan Seacrest that the song ain’t about anyone!

abe is doing it?!!??

Posted at 9:30 AM on April 21, 2013

psst: A CROSSBOW CAN BE HELPFUL THOUGH.
(instead of singing)

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 8:43 AM on April 21, 2013

THESE PEOPLE WHO WRITE THESE DUMB SONGS ARE MORE STUPID THAN THE WORDS IN THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GROW UP CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET A REAL LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!