‘Vampire Diaries’ Finale Scoop: Will Elena Choose Damon Or Stefan?

Sat, April 20, 2013 12:00pm EST by 232 Comments
Vampire Diaries Season Finale
Courtesy of The CW

Rori.Miller

Posted at 7:49 PM on May 8, 2013

oh sorry, i’m rori miller, nice 2 meet u ;) a big stelena shipper xoxo
i like your opinion ;))

Rori.Miller

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 8, 2013

Ok. Thank you :)

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 8, 2013

for?

Posted at 7:27 PM on May 8, 2013

locket91x,
Yes. Exactly! I wasted enough time in the world of science fiction :)

sandra_cortez

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 8, 2013

rori,
I like this: “It’s impossible that something like that happens in real life and that’s the thing I like about them (like Bella and Edward). They’re really good when you want to runaway from reality and be in something impossible, but beautiful…”
and locket91x,
yeah, rori said “it’s impossible that something like that happens in real life” and she comment a lot same like you, all of you, but only she said that’s unreal. And why you’re still discussing with her? She said that she doesn’t want to argue anymore, no ;)

Posted at 7:43 PM on May 8, 2013

rori,
btw I just read your post (the long one) on the topic because it became interesting to me.
And you explain your position very well, I appreciate it :) Go, Stelena, go xoxo

Posted at 7:47 PM on May 8, 2013

ok, thank you ;)
but who are you? because your nickname is the same like mine ;) please change it :)

locket91x

Posted at 6:44 PM on May 8, 2013

@rori there isn’t an age limit on tvd or on here so don’t spout so much rubish. Everythin demeant2b said was right and now you’re trying to pick and bringing her children in to it. Guess someone doesn’t like to be in the wrong. I think you need to brush up on ur tvd facts before you comment next time!

Posted at 6:54 PM on May 8, 2013

I only share my opinion about everything (the series, the love stories, etc) I know the facts very well. And what about ‘de mean 2b’ said, I have another opinion, but as I said already, never mind. And yes, Sandra, thank you, you’re right, this is a movie! Only movie! I continue to live in the real world, who wants shall live in the movie.

locket91x

Posted at 6:59 PM on May 8, 2013

Hahaa rori you say you live in the real world, yet you’ve commented more than anyone so I think that’s a lil hypocritical.

sandra_cortez

Posted at 6:42 PM on May 8, 2013

Guys, do you know what? You aren’t normal!!! How can you argue for a series?? I’m also a fan of the movie, but I don’t waste my time to discuss who loves Elena, who is right and who is not. These are not real people, anything you write here have any of sense. And this one with the two kids and the marriage… excuse me, but don’t you think that your time to watch and discuss this kind of movie is in the past? Don’t you have another thing to do?

And on the topic. I’m for Stefan and Elena. I like them more as a couple.

Posted at 6:14 PM on May 8, 2013

DE-MEANT-2BE,
Sorry, but if you’ve been married for almost 16 years and have two children, what are you doing here??? In a forum for teen series?? And to argue so much for some unreal things?! Watch your children and bring them up if you ask me. It’s not right … one parent cares who loves Elena and argues how nice is Damon, who deserves to be with her more, etc. Wtf?? Sorry, but it’s not normal for me…it’s too much :D

masearte

Posted at 8:15 PM on May 8, 2013

Um TVD is not only for teenage children I know women in their 20-30’s and even older folk who watch this show like myself I’m a 20 year old college student that watches this show, and this forum doesn’t say it’s for college students. FYI she can tell her children anything she likes clearly you know nothing about TVD or the charcters to say Damon is a horrible person if your gonna say that then it’s accurate to say Stefan is not saint either! ( aka ripper) at least Damon can admit to his mistakes unlike Stefan who spent majority of the time being somone he is not and hiding that fact forever and BTW I’m a fan of both brothers.

Posted at 6:04 PM on May 8, 2013

I’m not going to argue anymore. I can’t convince you to think like me. Neither you can convince me to think like you. Everyone has a theory and desires. And… this is a movie. The script is not written by us and it’s already written. We’ll see what happens. Real life is much more important. I just don’t like your attitude. But whatever. Neither you are my friends, nor you will be. Peace, guys!

locket91x

Posted at 2:13 PM on May 8, 2013

really?? youre making damon out to be the bad guy but all this started with stefan. stef betrayed his brother, killed their father and then forced damon to turn out of pure selfishness. not forgetting the wall of hundreds of people he killed…remember ripper stefan? not only has he fed from hundreds of victims but he ripped them apart. damons love for elena is unconditional…..but stefan didnt want her once she was a vampire. like ela sai…he treats her like a broken toy hes trying to fix. if he truley loved her then he would never see her as broken. you idiots say their love will never die but its been dead and buried since she turned. s didnt want her that way but damon still loves her as much as ever…if not more everyday. that love will never die. that is an epic love. they are soulmates. before the stelena fans say i like delena coz ian is hot, i am a fan of both actors and pw is mor emy type so… anyone in their right mind can see delena are meant to be together. stefan is a third wheel in the DELENA love story.

Lynnkayak

Posted at 5:51 AM on May 9, 2013

Thank you locket91x! This is how I have felt all along, I just haven’t taken the time to put it down. I still watch because, hey, it’s the Vampire Diaries. But this season has been one disappointment after another. The Delena build up has been happening for so long. I feel like time and time again in season 4, I/Delena has been cheated. It’s a show with ebb and flow. “This is their [our] time. It wasn’t right before, but it is right now.”
And for the “epic” love; I agree with another fan. If it were true love, Elena wouldn’t have fallen for Damon. There has been a spark since day 1. Remember Elena watching Damon from side of bleachers when he drove Caroline to practice? She needed “safe”/”safer” when parents died so she went with Stefen. I believe she does love Stefen, but she has been ” in love” with Damon for some time. The “ebb” has happened. Let the ” flow” take its course. It will go back and forth anyway. It’s a show.

Hina

Posted at 1:56 PM on May 8, 2013

A Promo poster for 4×23 came out. In it Damon and Elena R standing together. Whereas, Stefan is standing in the water. Something is wrong with Matt’s hands. Maybe, Elena will choose Damon, Stefan might become Human and Matt, Bonnie or Katherine may die.

Katie

Posted at 1:21 PM on May 8, 2013

Much love to DE-MEANT-2B!!! I agree with everything you said!!!

Posted at 3:15 AM on May 8, 2013

to masearte:
From experience I can say that people’s feelings doesn’t make sense. You can fall in love with everyone. But while a woman may be in love with two men, even if they are brothers, one man shouldn’t betray his brother for a woman. We’re talking about family and values. Plus Damon decided to erase Elena’s memories for that who she had met first and Damon knew that Stefan loves Elena more than his own life. Stefan offered to take the place of Jenna, something that Damon would never do. Еven though Damon slept with her. Morally I don’t agree. As I said, he should have never went after his brother’s girl ;)

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 10:22 AM on May 8, 2013

do you have selective memory? damon was going to offer himself but katherine told him because of the wolf bite his blood was tainted!! as far as going after “his brothers girl,” she was no longer stefan’s girlfriend as if she’s HIS property but she IS her own women and belongs to NOBODY but herself!!

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 8, 2013

“Damon knew that Stefan loves Elena more than his own life. ” – this is enough to not sleep with your brothers’s girlfriend – ex or not. If you really love your brother and if you are a good man, you wouldn’t betray him, wouldn’t have anything with the girl he loves! But you know what? How old are you? Probably 15-18! What do you know about love, psychology, character … ;)

Hannah

Posted at 11:31 AM on May 8, 2013

Thank you DE-MEANT-2B!!

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 12:31 PM on May 8, 2013

actually i have been married for almost 16 years and have 2 children so i would venture to say i know alot more about love than you! if you really love someone with your whole heart, you would not be consumed by or fall in love with their brother. why is all the blame on damon? it takes 2 to tango and elena was ready to dance with damon! lol and as far as the pathetic excuse of damon “stealing” his brother’s girl, when elena made her decision, damon accepted it & encouraged elena to rely & depend on stefan more instead of him telling her she should have called stefan instead of him when she stabbed jeremy. damon even explained to elena the reason why stefan lied to her about stefan’s alliance with klaus & that it was all for her & for her to forgive stefan! common sense says that if he was trying to manipulate her & “steal” her from stefan, these are all things he wouldn’t have done! stefan loves elena more than his own life..WTF!! yah, until she became a vampire and then instead of loving and accepting her unconditionally like damon..what did he say..”she’s not suppose to be this person..i don’t want her to be!” that’s far from loving someone more than your own life..but then again..didn’t he also love katherine until he found out she was a vampire also? his problem is he can’t accept that part of himself so he can’t accept it from the people he SHOULD accept unconditionally! if stefan really is a good man, he should be able to accept and understand that neither damon or elena intentionally fell in love with each other and have desperately denied their feelings for his sake and he should be mature enough to admit that what they once had and needed with each other, has changed for the simple fact neither of them are the same people they were when they 1st met or need the same things out of life that they once needed. it’s called growing up and moving on and it’s what life and living is all about so don’t try to school me on love or psychology!

Masearte

Posted at 2:35 PM on May 8, 2013

Thank for this!!! she is so delusional I’m tired of that”he should’nt have slept or fell in love with his brothers girl” and what is Elena a delicate flower? he never forced her to do anything so I say if your gonna blame Damon then you might as well blame Elena to.

Hina

Posted at 1:53 PM on May 8, 2013

Exactly! So True!

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 12:41 PM on May 8, 2013

don’t worry about damon erasing elena’s memories when they 1st met..worry about stefan wanting to erase EVERY memory he and elena EVER had cuz his feelings were hurt over what she said about being in love with damon..as if that was news to him!! he called her out on it and told her to admit she was in love with damon in 3×18 when she was still human so what is his problem now that she finally did admit it although he blames it on the sire bond and doesn’t believe her feelings are real. MAKE UP YOUR MIND STEFAN! first you want her to admit it as a human, then when she does admit it as a “sired” vampire you want to erase every memory you both had for something that you don’t believe is real! WHAT A HYPOCRITE ASS!!

Masearte

Posted at 2:26 PM on May 8, 2013

Umm….your are way off @Rori seriously??? I don’t know what your idea of love is but that doesn’t make sense. Seriously this is not twlight just to let you know and stop blaming Damon for everything! Elena wasn’t forced to sleep with him or develop feelings she did that on her own so if your going to hold Damon accountable Elena should be to stop making her out to be a victim being taking advantage of. Seriously? Damon would never sacrifice his life for Elena????are you watching TVD or something else? cuz clearly you don’t know Damon Idk care how much you love Steleana but your making it seem as if Damon love for elena is significtly less then Stefan’s at thats not true Damon may turn his back on other people and be selfish with them but not Elena he would most definitly die for her or do anything for Elena just as much as Stefan, they both love her equally the same both brothers are SELFLESS when it comes to her.

Posted at 7:27 PM on May 7, 2013

Lets start with why I could never ship Delena. This is a long list, so I’ll stick with the basics. He killed her brother, which means that he should automatically be taken off of the list of potential boyfiends and put on a hit list. Also, he carried a torch for Katherine for 145 years and then just happens to fall in “love” with her doppleganger? Am I the only one who smells something fishy there? Plus Damon is too volatile and could hurt or kill her and anyone else. Okay so she doesn’t belong with Damon. That isn’t enough to say she belongs with Stefan. I also don’t just think they should be together because he is nice or because he “saw her first or not”. It’s because what they have is so incredible. Even in his darkest moments he couldn’t kill her, and in the beginning of this season she wanted nothing more than to get him back. I firmly believe that if Damon hadn’t been throwing himself at her for 3 seasons that DE wouldn’t even be an issue. DE has a big fanbas, and that may or may not get them endgame, but Stelena are soumates and nothing is stronger than that. Stelena just have an epic love, that every person in this world dreams of. I have loved them since the pilot episode and that hasn’t changed even when I did see chemistry with Delena. Delena just doesn’t stand a chance just as long as Stelena is an option. And to me, the hype with Delena is based on just a fantasy. But if they actually do get together, honestly, they wouldn’t even be as interesting. I also just would never take Delena seriously as a couple. I just can’t imagine them being cute and “lovey dovey” to each other like Stefan and Elena do. I ship Stelena because the love they share for each other is real and from first episode I knew that they we’re destined to be with each other forever. Delena isn’t real.. I just don’t see anything close to what Stelena has and will always have. Damon is a good friend to Elena but as far as love he is the worst for her. He acts more like a father then boyfriend where Stefan listens and may disagree with Elena’s choices he’ll stand by her decisions like a real boyfriend would. I always thought Delena was about hate, jealously and sexual tension and Stelena was about hope, true love and protection. On season 1, season 2 and season 3 we saw their relationship and their ups and downs, how their love is stronger than anything (Katherine, Damon, Klaus, Rebekah, etc.)And still Elena loves Stefan more than Damon. If she wants Damon to screw up everything, ok, she can pick him, but also she can pick Stefan with no doubts because their love is true and they have that kind of love that’s not actually real in real life,because it’s too much of fairytale. It’s impossible that something like that happens in real life and that’s the thing I like about them (like Bella and Edward). They’re really good when you want to runaway from reality and be in something impossible, but beautiful… She still wants to be with Stefan but she is still wondering if that’s the right choice to make. :)

hannah

Posted at 7:48 AM on May 8, 2013

Thank you! Much better than just saying he is safer/better I appreciate your post!

Posted at 11:24 AM on May 8, 2013

Bess

Posted at 6:39 PM on May 7, 2013

I’m hoping for Delena!

tasha

Posted at 5:29 PM on May 7, 2013

thank you so much for spoiling the books lora

Damon

Posted at 8:36 AM on May 8, 2013

really? like you havn’t had enough time to read them yet.. i mean really.. does it matter… were you even planning on reading them..

Lora

Posted at 9:14 AM on May 7, 2013

If it goes according to the book then Damon will become human

hannah

Posted at 1:43 PM on May 6, 2013

Stefan and elena do not have a love story, what they have is a chapter.. its a fling. Damon and Elena have chapter after chapter, new experiences.. etc. They have something that never goes away.. something you can’t take your eyes off.

And for those of you who are SE and CK, you do realize that Caroline and Klaus love is much like that of Damon and Elena. So if you root for Caroline and Klaus over Caroline and Tyler you are hypocrites. Because tyler is the safer choice. the one who keeps her safe. the one who is most like her. But Klaus….. he consumes her. And she keeps fighting her feelings for him.. just as elena did for Damon.

So yeah. if you are a SE but CK fan you are a Hypocrite!!!

I am DE and CK fan all the way!!!!

jj

Posted at 7:09 AM on May 7, 2013

LOL so if somebody ships Delena and Forwood, they’re hypicrites, too? please stop being funny

hannah

Posted at 9:46 AM on May 7, 2013

not necissarily. But if they are using the excuse that elena needs to be with stefan because he is safer/more like her..etc. like they have been then yes they are.

Posted at 7:29 PM on May 7, 2013

I like that, jj :))))

Marina Lopes

Posted at 1:40 PM on May 6, 2013

Elena have to choose Stefan

locket

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 6, 2013

Take it from someone who has been there….if you truly love someone then that love will not alter or fade…you can not fall for someone else…you may think you love someone but then that person comes along and you realize that you never really knew what love was…when its real you know it…just like Elena admitted many times while talking about Damon. Its so obvious that they are meant to be.

Beriina

Posted at 8:46 AM on May 6, 2013

Stelena. Because ” THAT KIND OF LOVE NEVER DIES ” :)

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 10:10 AM on May 6, 2013

that kind of love never dies= opinion.
that kind of love was built on lies=fact!

Michelle Leung (@CharlotteLee914)

Posted at 7:45 AM on May 6, 2013

People love Delena not because they think that their love shown was great in the show, it is because they just love Ian. It is not surprise that Ian has more fans than Paul, but in the TVD series, Stefan and Elena showed deeply in love with each other all the way until Season 4 after she turned and sired to Damon, she chose Stefan at the end of season 3 because she knew deep down that Stefan is the true love and Damon was just attractive to her (in her word “consumed her”) , and even she met Damon first, Damon was such a jerk in the beginning of the series , she wouldn’t love him. But I am giving up, I just wish Stefan can be happy forever, with or without Elena, just want him to find a girl who is not so greedy, Elena is such not deserve the love from Stefan, even Katherine knew very clearly that she only loved Stefan. Who is the b…..?

Roberta

Posted at 8:25 AM on May 6, 2013

Are you really so stupid? We love Delena because of IAN?! I love Delena since I read the books for the first time and I didn’t even know the show!

DE-MEANT-2B

Posted at 10:30 AM on May 6, 2013

who the hell are you to speak for all delena fans when you’re obviously not one? since i am, i feel it’s safe for me to say on behalf of the rest of the fans that the reason that we love delena is because UNLIKE stelena, they have actually had a slow biuld up and the actual time that the writers spent creating their journey. unfortunately for stelena fans what they got was a whole 10 episodes building their supposed “epic” love story & declaration of love with a love scene where elena discovers stefan deceipt & katherine’s picture. how symbolic that she ran from him & eventually ended up in damon’s arms but then again it’s been an on going theme that damon carries elena off 2 safety in his arms. for christ sake even when elena died & became a vampire thanx to stefan “respecting” her, the writers didn’t even bother giving the stelena fans a scene with stefan carrying elena’s lifeless body out of the water but they sure as hell showed damon’s reaction to realizing she was dead! truth be told, stefan NEVER had elena’s whole heart cuz like she told him in s2 when faced with the idea of becoming a vampire, she wasn’t joyful in the prospect of forever with stefan. instead she said she NEVER wanted to become a vampire & was never really sure about their future together. so don’t tell me that stefan is her true love & damon is just an attraction. when someone is your true love you are certain of your future and not consumed with or attracted to someone else!

Masearte

Posted at 10:41 AM on May 6, 2013

Thank you! so many SE fans over look that and just say stupid nausence.

locket

Posted at 11:56 AM on May 6, 2013

That’s an opinion but no1 can deny the delena love story that has unfolded over the last 2 seasons. I loved se in s1 and 2 but from the moment Elena kissed Damon in the last ep of s2 everything changed. Im a big fan of both boys but its so obvious that Stefan is just a 3rd wheel in the Selena love story.

LTVD1234

Posted at 5:50 AM on May 6, 2013

I ticked Damon as Elena’s choice in the season 4 finale, NOT because I ship them in fact it’s quite the opposite (I never liked Damon’s character that much). I picked Damon for Elena, because I don’t want Stefan to be with Elena ever again! I don’t respect Elena’s character and I think she only deserves Damon. Besides I believe the series finale is not a happying ending, which gives me more reason to want to put Damon and Elena together. I want Stefan to ” find someone new and madly fall in love with) , and I also want Stefan to live on to the end of the series, and keeps writing his dairies. Stefan needs to find happiness, and a girl like Elena Gilbert is basically a curse to any man.

Michelle Leung (@CharlotteLee914)

Posted at 7:46 AM on May 6, 2013

Agreed with u!

camy

Posted at 5:50 AM on May 6, 2013

vote STEFAN

lllfenicelll

Posted at 3:21 AM on May 6, 2013

Seh, vabè.

locket

Posted at 8:23 PM on May 5, 2013

Damon will keep Elena safe no matter what. Even if he loses her….but Stefan is more afraid of upsetting her. In the end damon will always keep her safe and put her 1st, even if it means losing everything. That is TRUE love. That is a love that’s can never die. In the beginning I thought stef was the one for her but as the seasons go on it has become clear that Delena are meant for each other. You never see her more alive than when she’s with Damon. She’s free.

Мелани Николаева

Posted at 4:46 PM on May 5, 2013

STELENA ! <3

Really?!

Posted at 2:52 PM on May 5, 2013

@Rori
Yeah klaus did say that, but it doesn’t make them epic… like i said.. caroline said it to make it seem right, she is biased. The kind of love that never dies.. could mean anything… like a family type of love, thats where they are now. She is not in love with him. But she will always love him. We know that. But she is IN LOVE with Damon!

Do you not remember that elena said she only fell in love with stefan because he was the first one she remembered meeting of the two. and only because she needed a reason to get out of her darkest days from her father and mother dying. It wasn’t because she met him and they fell in love. He was an excuse to not be unhappy…even tho she wasn’t completely happy being with him. she held herself back and wasn’t care fee like a teen should be.
She chose stefan because she felt bad for having feelings for Damon. Not because she really truly wanted to be with stefan.

But with Damon… if you don’t remember the episodes… she was able to let go and be herself, she didn’t have to worry!

Also… for her to be sired to Damon she had to have Strong feeling as a human for Him. Do you not remember that!?

Posted at 7:51 PM on May 7, 2013

It was just that slight little thing that she said to him, when she was just trying to take the sting off: “Hey, maybe if you and I had met first.” She was just trying to soften the blow. ;)

hannah

Posted at 8:06 AM on May 8, 2013

I can see it both ways, what you’re saying and what im saying. And maybe she did say that to soften the blow… but that doesn’t erase any of the feelings she actually has/had for him. I also believe she chose to go to stefan because he was with all of her friends and jeremy. If they were out of the equation her decision may have been different… but i guess we will never know.

Honestly I don’t think she will ever chose just one on her own, one of them would have to die first, then she would have no choice… it would have been made for her. Either that or they will end the series with her never making a decision.

Posted at 7:57 PM on May 7, 2013

plus Damon should have never went after his brother’s girl

masearte

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 7, 2013

And Elena should have never fallen in love with her boyfriends brother :)

hannah