Desiree Hartsock: See The First Promo Pic For ‘The Bachelorette’

Sat, April 20, 2013 5:49pm EST by 7 Comments
Desiree Hartsock Promo Pic
Courtesy of ABC

Lee

Posted at 6:47 PM on May 9, 2013

The one thing I remember the most about Des is on the Final three (3) rose ceremony in which she was elimated and sent home. What I saw in that episode is woman who is a little bit immature, has no self-esteem, and not so dignified. I don’t understand why she had to interrupt Sean at the rose ceremony (but obviously with the intention of convincing Sean not to send her home which she obviously feels in her gut (after the disastrous meeting between Sean and her brother). So when Sean took her to a separate room, she keeps telling Sean, “you’re making a mistake, you’re making a mistake.” I don’t understand why would a person have to beg for love? Isn’t love freely given and freely accepted? We cannot make someone want us and/or love us – that someone has to want us and/or love us on their own; that someone has to feel it in his/her heart. I have been in love before and this much I know, “SYMPATHY is not LOVE, and it should not be a reason to be with someone based on that. We cannot make things (love) happen, we have to LET IT HAPPEN. In this instance, Sean did not feel in his heart that Des is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Sean may have liked Des a lot, but I don’t think Sean liked her enough to really fall in love with her. And this is where a lot of people make a mistake – that liking someone means they are IN LOVE and so they rush into a relationship and into marriage, only to find out years later there is something missing in their relationship/marriage, there is a “void” in their heart only to realize that LOVE is not there, IT NEVER WAS.

In the end, I think Sean made the right choice in Catherine. I like the way Catherine put it about all the women vying for Sean’s heart: “I didn’t see it as a competition, but more of a matchmaking.” Obviously, Sean saw his match in Catherine and we see how much Sean they love each other.

Mike

Posted at 6:35 PM on April 21, 2013

I think the Bachelor and Bachelorette themes are both are the skids. The last 12 months have only served to produce some extremely immature men and women. Ben Flajnik, Emily Maynard, Sean Lowe were all losers and profound disappointments. Now comes Des Hartsock … the girl who by repute has strong religious convictions and very high moral standards. We’ll see if she lives up to her reputation. We’ll also see if the men live up to her reputation.

Barb

Posted at 1:01 AM on April 21, 2013

Desiree had me watching the bachelor for the longest time in a long time….I think Sean made a huge mistake! I think she is so much like Trista that I will watch and hope she finds someone better suited for her .I think her brother had Sean pegged right!

abe is doing it?!!?

Posted at 10:07 PM on April 20, 2013

this is how naive americans see “Life” today……………

Anonymous

Posted at 7:58 PM on April 20, 2013

Another boring brunette. Disney ABC is gutless for not having a contestant of color on the Bachelor.

xsxsxscx

Posted at 6:04 PM on April 20, 2013

Is it me or does it look photoshopped?

Michelle

Posted at 3:54 AM on April 21, 2013

Of course its photoshopped, How many ads arent?