‘American Idol’ Results: [SPOILER] Is Eliminated

Thu, April 18, 2013 9:30pm EST by 8 Comments
American Idol Janelle Arthur Eliminated
Courtesy of Fox

Let’s hear it for the girls! The ladies have dominated this season but unfortunately, someone had to end up in the bottom on the April 18 results show — do you agree with the results?

The top five girls fought for survival as Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson offered their critiques. On the April 18 results show, did your favorite end up in the bottom?

On April 17, the girls sang two songs each. One from their birth year and one by a diva. I thought Angie did the best and that Janelle was in danger.

‘American Idol’ Results — Who Goes Home?

The results show started with the top five ladies singing a Donna Summer medley. It really seemed like Janelle was the weak link in the group. I personally thought Amber and Candice shined.

Now, the results.

First up, Angie. Mentor Jimmy Iovine said she was believable on the piano but that her performance of “Halo” would hurt her overall. Angie was later announced as safe.

Candice made Mariah cry as she sang one of her songs. Jimmy said he didn’t like her “narrow” performance of “Straight Up” but she redeemed herself with “When You Believe.” Then, Paula Abdul made a surprise appearance and told Candice she was a huge fan! She was the first to be named safe.

Season two runner-up Clay Aiken sang “Bridge Over Troubled Water.” Later, season three winner Fantasia sang her song “Lose To Win.”

Jimmy commented that Janelle‘s two performances were a strike out. But Janelle felt better after she got a letter from Dolly Parton!

Jimmy said Amber was very brave to sing Mariah Carey and Barbra Streisand songs. Mariah said she should be higher than the top two! She was safe!

Jimmy thought Kree picked the wrong songs.

Kree and Janelle were in the bottom two. Janelle was in the bottom and sang for survival. About 60 percent of fans on Twitter thought the judges should save her.

Unfortunately, it was not unanimous.

Are you upset that Janelle went home tonight, HollywoodLifers? Tell us below.

American Idol Live Tour 2013 Dates Announced!

Tickets On-Sale Nationwide on May 3rd, at 10:00 AM

$1 From Every Ticket Donated To The Melanoma Research Alliance

Tickets go on sale May 3rd at 10:00 AM local via http://www.AmericanIdol.com/tour and http://www.aeglive.com.

AMERICAN IDOL LIVE! gives fans the unique opportunity to be up close and personal with Season 12 Idol Finalists Amber Holcomb, Angie Miller, Burnell Taylor, Candice Glover, Curtis Finch Jr, Devin Velez, Janelle Arthur, Kree Harrison, Lazaro Arbos, and Paul Jolley. Plus, Aubrey Cleland joins the Tour as the 11th Idol Finalist thanks to the AT&T AMERICAN IDOL LIVE! Tour Fan Save, voted on by the Idol fans.

Finalists will perform favorite moments from the season as well as never before seen performances. The American Idol season Finale will air on FOX on May 16th but this season’s fan-favorites will continue on with the 2013 Live! Tour.

Claire’s®, one of the world’s leading specialty retailers of fashionable accessories and jewelry, joins as an Associate Sponsor of the Tour.

This year AMERICAN IDOL LIVE! partnered with The Melanoma Research Alliance (www.curemelanoma.org). For every ticket purchased for the Tour, AMERICAN IDOL LIVE! will donate $1 to The Melanoma Research Alliance to help cure melanoma. Melanoma Research Alliance helps find treatments and a cure for melanoma, a skin disease whose incidence is among the fastest growing cancers.

AMERICAN IDOL® LIVE! 2013 Tour Dates:

August 24 Reading, PA Sovereign Center
August 25 Youngstown, OH Covelli Centre
August 27 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre
August 29 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
August 30 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center
August 31 Nashville, TN Bridgestone Arena

Tickets are subject to applicable service charges.

Event time and date subject to change.

For the latest tour and ticketing information please visit:

WATCH: The Top 5 Perform Recap – AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 12

– Dory Larrabee

More ‘American Idol’ News:

1. ‘American Idol’ Recap: Candice Glover Has Best ‘Idol’ Performance Ever
  2. ‘American Idol’ Finalists Talk Boston Bombing: Angie Miller & More
  3. ‘American Idol’ Producers Want Candice Glover & Amber Holcomb In Finale

Patricia

Posted at 12:30 PM on April 20, 2013

This will be my last year to watch American Idol. Keith Urban is the only judge I like. Randy, Mariah and Nicki are so lame in so many ways they want us to vote their way. I just started watching The Voice it is 100% better than American Idol it’s fun and I find myself laughing instead of being upset like I do when watching American Idol. I think Kree or Angie should win this year.

Gabriel

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 19, 2013

I feel that they chose a horrible final ten, they could at least done better by choosing better guys. I do agree that Amber does not get enough credit for her voice.I like nicki minaj i feel that she makes judging interesting,and she one of the realest one.Janelle vocally is the weakest,I feel that candice have the best voice then Amber, then kree than Angie

Banksy

Posted at 11:57 PM on April 18, 2013

I’m a little bummed that Janelle went home, but she’s going to have a great career after this regardless! I’m already looking forward to seeing what happens next week with the final four. I’m sadly never home to watch American Idol live anymore because I work late at DISH when it’s on. My DISH Hopper is set up to tape it for me, though. Every night, it records everything that airs on FOX during primetime. That way, I can just turn Idol on as soon as I get home from work and not miss a thing.

abe is doing it?!!?

Posted at 11:36 PM on April 18, 2013

men would feel like virgins or F*ggots again?

Red.River

Posted at 11:08 PM on April 18, 2013

American Idol has had a disasterous year. The finalists stink, the judges are horrible, and the whole show is one big FAIL. I’m done.

POPDUST PRINCESSES (@loverboy12390)

Posted at 10:35 PM on April 18, 2013

there was NO bottom two, ryan said in no particular order and the person at risk

roxanne

Posted at 10:24 PM on April 18, 2013

It’s funny because I thought Janelle sang the best (besides when she did the acoustic version of yesterday) when she was singing for her life. I wish that she did more performances like that. Personally I think if she did Jewels song”Who will save your soul” while playing guitar it would have been a home run, I would have LOVED to have heard that. I was surprised that Kree was in the bottom, I loved her performance of the counting crow’s song. Candice as usual did amazing, I was blown away by her rendition of “straight up”, I think it was risky to do “when you believe” because my favorite thing about that song has always been the harmonies between the two powerhouse divas of our time. Amber, hmmm. I didn’t like her version of Mariah Carey’s song, It wasn’t in her range (I mean Mariah has an 8 octave range!) however her Barbara Streisand performance was incredible!! One of the most shocking moments, and one of the best performances.

Now to get to Angie. I will give her credit for “Halo” but I feel like she was using the Boston tragedy in a very “pageant” move. I thought her “home town” was from Florida, I remember specifically in the beginning of the season it was between her and another contestant and they were from the same “home town” in florida and he got the most votes from them not her. Anyway it’s irrelevant but I totally get why Jimmy says she’s not genuine, because she’s not. I’ve always gotten such a fake “pageant” kind of vibe from her. She just loves to soak up any positive attention the judges throw her way, I won’t deny that she has talent but I can’t take fake people.

MJ

Posted at 11:11 PM on April 18, 2013

Angie is from Beverly, MA not Florida. It is a small suburb of Boston. As someone from another small town outside Boston, we all consider Boston as our home and it is an important city to us. I found her dedication touching and a reminder of how a tragedy like this can bring a community together.