Selena Gomez’s Bindi Battle — Vote For Your Favorite Look

Wed, April 17, 2013 3:12pm EDT by 42 Comments
Selena Gomez Bindi
Courtesy Of Ellen/ABC/Getty

It’s the battle of the bindi! Selena has been on a roll promoting her hot, new single ‘Come & Get It’ with performances at the MTV Movie Awards, on ‘Ellen’ and ‘Dancing With The Stars.’ Which one of her fashionable bindis do you like the most?

Selena Gomez, 20, has been blowing minds with her multiple performances of her hit single ‘Come & Get It.’ Although the former Disney star got caught up in some controversy with a religious group after wearing a bindi during her 2013 MTV Movie Awards performance, the singer still chose to wear the forehead decoration for her performances on Ellen and Dancing With The Stars. Do you think the bindis go along with her themed performances?

Selena’s Bindi — First Appearance At The 2013 MTV Movie Awards

Not only was Selena the leading lady on the carpet but she was also strutting her stuff on stage. On April 14, she performed her new single for the first time and we must say she looked amazing! Although most people thought the performance was great, Selena’s bindi came under attack by the Universal Society of Hinduism. PerezHilton.com reports that Hindu statesman, Rajan Zed, has asked Selena to apologize in regards to her use of their spiritual symbol during her performance.

Selena’s Performance On ‘Ellen’

Sel took it down as notch when she performed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show on April 16. The starlet looked gorgeous with her silky, straight hair and blue Versace dress. She chose to keep the performance subtle by not dancing. Although she toned it down, it didn’t stop her from wearing a beautiful bindi when she took the stage.

Selena Performs On ‘Dancing With The Stars’

The Spring Breakers star hit the floor on Dancing With The Stars to perform “Come & Get It” on April 16. Selena danced the night away in her sexy, midriff-reveling dress and finished off the look with another bindi.

HollywoodLifers, tell us which of Selena’s bindi looks you like the best in the comments below.

WATCH: Selena Gomez Performs ‘Come & Get It’ On ‘DWTS’

Dancing With The Stars
PerezHilton.com
EllenTV.com

– Brittany Chanel Jackson

More Selena Gomez Beauty News:

1. Selena Gomez’s Sexy Gold Manicure — Get The Look
  2. Selena Gomez V. Vanessa Hudgens: Battle Of The Bindi — Vote
  3. Selena Gomez’s Pretty Pink Cheeks — Get The Look

Nike Air Max

Posted at 9:57 PM on July 2, 2013

The group is urging all their members to support them in their fight to change what they call an ‘unjust policy’.

Nike Air Max

Posted at 9:34 PM on July 2, 2013

“This is critical and so robust and responds to the leadership gap,” he said.

asa

Posted at 6:02 PM on June 3, 2013

Idiots everywhere. I am a Sikh. And go to many Sikh weddings. Type it in search it. Indian Sikhs wear bindis to a wedding. My whole female family and friends do. My own mother ffs they are sold in sari shops as accessories ! It is not the religious kind !!

Jitashree Kalita

Posted at 11:47 AM on April 26, 2013

Selena looks awesome in indian styles n bindi! Superb….i’m from India and i would like to say that Selena will look dashing beautiful in Saree if she wears this Indian dress…..i want to see her in saree….<3;):)

Selena is the Best

Posted at 11:37 AM on April 26, 2013

wow! Selena for the first time in bindi! She just…..looks awesome…and i really support her. Atlast she made a song with bollywood beats! Oh, i’m so excited, when will she come to India….I’m an indian and i want to see her and justin in India and get admired by our colourful cultures. I just love them…<3

SelenaGomezlover:)

Posted at 11:54 PM on April 24, 2013

she looked A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in all bindi’s
she can rock AA-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!

Vivek Sharma

Posted at 11:38 AM on April 23, 2013

Someone said that BINDI is also represent THE THIRD EYE OF HINDU CULTURE. What a Fun. THE THIRD EYE REPRESENTS ONLY “LORD SHIVA” & I WORSHIP LORD SHIVA. Lord Shiva with Selina Gomez.

Vivek Sharma

Posted at 6:43 AM on April 23, 2013

Selina Gomez was looking extraordinery beautiful in bindi. Bindi was started in Hindu Culture but that’s mean it is not a MONOPLY. Bindi is just a fashaionable symble. That’s it. If Rajan Zed has problem for this, then he should come in VARANASI, INDIA and spend his life like a SADHU(SAINT) & give some PARVACHAN(HOLY WORDS). He is not a representative of all Hindu Community. SELINA you look beautiful in Bindi & my request to you, you wear bindi, whenever you want. I am also A HINDU but not a narrow mind person.

Farah Own

Posted at 8:15 PM on April 18, 2013

okay i am from egypt and i have to admit the dance was a mixture b/t indian and some other countries in the middle east however the song is 70% more indian than the other cultures in middle east

Amit Gupta

Posted at 11:14 AM on April 18, 2013

I am an Indian (Hindu) and I approve :-) her Bindi. In fact I will request all females all over the world to wear it. It makes women look extra hot.

Selena Luong

Posted at 9:44 AM on April 18, 2013

selena is perfect everytime <3

Zoo

Posted at 8:02 AM on April 18, 2013

ew….she’s ugg

GomezQuality

Posted at 10:06 AM on April 18, 2013

why are you even here

watevadude

Posted at 7:49 AM on April 18, 2013

Don’t find her interesting with or without the bindi lol.

protester

Posted at 2:24 AM on April 18, 2013

this is soooooo stupid, i meean after this i bet indians are probably the most stupid people in this world, she’s aparantly promoting ur culture and u are like this is not good, plus she is performing a tribal dance, bindi is not only a part of indian culture, Turkish Egyptian and other middle eastern countries have it. plus wearing a bindi and dancing doesnt makes the dance bollywood, bollywood dance is very hard to do and the dance she did was tribal, if u dont know tribal dancing just search the net. now indians have made a bad image in her mind congratulations. P.S when we say indians, it does’nt mean india in particular, its has nepal, burma, bangladesh, and pakistan (though pakistan is a mix of middle east and india), the name india was given up after 1947 and it became Bharat. have’nt u studied history in school? this is just like Scandinavia, it does’nt exist but we call that region Scandinavia.

farren

Posted at 9:44 AM on April 18, 2013

finally! someone who isn’t criticizing selena because she chose to wear a bindi!

GomezQuality

Posted at 10:15 AM on April 18, 2013

perfectly said.

selenagomezrox1999

Posted at 2:11 PM on April 18, 2013

You are certainly an amazing person and I admire u. People are soo stupid nowadays and Im indian that selena doesnt inslut the culture in anyway. In fact she is respecting it. So shut up ppl!!!

T

Posted at 4:25 PM on April 18, 2013

only thing is, she thinks its tribal, middle eastern and not indian. So you filthy indians, don’t flatter yourselves

if your so smart why are you a fan

Posted at 4:21 PM on April 18, 2013

No it did not you idiot. India was called bharat long ago, BC times. India is still known as india, never changed the name. Even if you look in maps and watch the news, people still call it india.

Seriously?

Posted at 5:11 AM on April 21, 2013

How dare you even say that Indians are the most stupid people in the world? I’m an Indian and I take this comment as an offence. If you read all the comments of Indian people on this or any other article related to Selena Gomez wearing Bindi, then you’ll find that none of them has protested against Selena Gomez for wearing Bindi. Watch your language. You have offended Indians.

Mithila

Posted at 1:20 AM on April 18, 2013

lol i am indian and honestly i think it is so dumb for the Hinduism society to ask her to apologize for wearing a bindi! Who cares, haha she is embracing another culture, it’s not like she is poking fun at any of it! Though, one thing I find odd that she said was that this song was Middle Eastern, it is definitely not LOL it is Indian :) YouTube it!!

vickyfrancis

Posted at 12:58 AM on April 18, 2013

selena gomez my dearest don’t worry , always be happy dearest , i have support from full bombay and maharastra , all women will close their branches if they come on my family , you live freely you play freely , you play you wear that bindi’s and sarees, you do whatever , that sarees and bindi’s are of my family , you take play with that baby , i love you very much baby sel , muahhhh sweetheart :)

vickyfrancis

Posted at 12:06 AM on April 18, 2013

your company has hurted a innocent girl selena gomez , do you insult your mom and sisters like this , to hurt anyone declares same as you have hurted your mother and sister , dna company you should say sorry because that is a innocent girl , she dance however she knows , she can dance freely, there is no objection of dancing and sarees and bindi’s are made for girl and selena gomez is a girl , i have supports from my dad and mom , if you try to blame a innocent girl so you should say sorry

vickyfrancis

Posted at 12:00 AM on April 18, 2013

i have given my number in my facebook , if you want to speak so speak with me , i gives permission to selena gomez to wear that sarees and bindi , selena gomez is my girlfriend and my everything , dna company i warn you: don’t try to harras innocent selena gomez , if you has evil in you so throw it out, respect the girls , respect selena gomez , because my world is innocent, tell your dna company to talk to me , my mommy my aunt wears saree so don’t teach me who is wrong , your company should say sorry

vickyfrancis

Posted at 11:15 PM on April 17, 2013

that bindi ‘s and saree are for selena gomez , there is no insult to wear a sarees or bindi’s because that things are made for girls , if a boy wear’s that saree and bindi so it is the insult of religion, i gives permission , if you want you speak me on my phone which is given in my facebook profile, ladies are leaders , selena gomez can dance freely however she wants , sarees are made for girls, and girls can dance however they like , i tell you dna company : agar humlog ke uper aaya to band kardega dna

Christy

Posted at 4:09 PM on April 17, 2013

If she’s going to wear a 3rd eye maybe she should research it! Not cute & shows ignorance from her & her handlers!

x

Posted at 10:44 PM on April 17, 2013

Why? Do all performances, whether they be in a movie or a stage performance in Bollywood consist of research? Is it still not ignorant for Indians themselves to wear the bhindi when doing a “SEXY” performance? I suggest you do your research.

AOKALANI

Posted at 3:54 PM on April 17, 2013

I WISH SELENA WOULD GET BACK WITH JUSTIN. THEY WERE SO GOOD TOGETHER.

AOKALANI

Posted at 3:54 PM on April 17, 2013

SHE LOOKS AMAZING AND FLAWLESS ON DWTS AND MTV MOVIE AWARDS. I THINK I LOVE HER PERFORMANCE IN MTV MOVIE AWARDS.

AOKALANI

Posted at 3:53 PM on April 17, 2013

HER PEFORMERENCE ISA AMAZING AND SO AH MOMENT. I LOVE IT.

AOKALANI

Posted at 3:52 PM on April 17, 2013

SHE LOOKS AMAZING IN DWTS. I LOVE HER BINDI. SHE SO ADORABLE IN HER BINDI.

alejandrojimmy636 (@alejandrojimmy6)

Posted at 3:33 PM on April 17, 2013

my neighbor’s step-sister makes 77 an hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 7 months but last month her paycheck was 14207 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more App70.COM

chaste