Tears! Betrayals! Party crashers! HollywoodLife.com got an early look at the highly anticipated prom episode of ‘The Vampire Diaries.’
Dances at Mystic Falls High School always end in disaster, and I can confidently confirm that the mother of all dances does not disappoint. Along with being a veritable feast for shippers — nearly every single potential couple is given a spotlight moment at, or after, prom — the April 18 episode of The Vampire Diaries also draws some very permanent battle lines. Needless to say, Elena (Nina Dobrev) doesn’t make any new friends this week.
‘Vampire Diaries’ Spoilers: 6 Bites From Season 4, Episode 19
1. Thought you were done weeping over Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen)? Think again! Bonnie (Kat Graham) having her memory wiped forces her to have her own private funeral for the dear, departed Gilbert — and it’s a tearjerker.
2. Speaking of Bonnie, this episode shows us just how far her expression powers have progressed — and whether or not she can actually control them.
3. In an attempt to overload Elena with feelings and convince her to embrace humanity, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan (Paul Wesley) might actually stir up some old feelings of their own. Stefan claims he’ll leave Elena alone forever once she flips the switch, but there are quite a few moments this week that will make you question his commitment to that plan.
4. Desperate to earn the cure for herself, Rebekah (Claire Holt) is faced with a life-or-death decision that could also affect her relationship with Matt (Zach Roerig). Confused? You won’t be for long!
5. A fan-favorite couple shares a super-romantic dance to an updated cover of Sam Cooke‘s classic “You Send Me.” (Sorry, I wish I could be more specific, but you’ll understand why I’m being secretive once you see it!)
6. Elena also dances with one of the Salvatores to Rihanna‘s “Stay,” and to say the moment is hot would be a grave understatement.
7. Bonus: April remains a nuisance — but I guess that’s not really a spoiler.
HollywoodLifers, what do YOU hope to see at the Mystic Falls prom? Which couples do you think should share a dance? And who should end up with the cure? Drop a comment with your thoughts and predictions below!
— Andy Swift
More ‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop On HollywoodLife.com:
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Clip: Damon & Stefan Plot To Save Elena — Watch
- ‘The Vampire Diaries’: Scott Parks Cast As Silas
- ‘Vampire Diaries’ Scoop: Klaus Makes Enemies On ‘Originals’ Backdoor Pilot