The roommate of the Saudi Arabian man, whose apartment was searched after the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15, is not a person of interest. Top CNN sources say he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Police have yet to identify the person or persons responsible for the Boston bombings on April 15. Police were reportedly questioning a man from Saudi Arabia, who was attending an English language school in the Boston area. Subsequently, he had been made not a suspect.
Saudi Arabian Suspect’s Roommate Speaks Out
The Saudi Embassy spokesman Jail Aljubeir says the Revere man is “more a witness than anything else.”
The man’s roommate reportedly opened the door to their apartment late on the night of the bombings and let police inside to conduct a search.
The unidentified roommate told the Boston Globe: “I don’t think he could do that.” He went on to describe his roommate as a 20-year-old devout Muslim from Media, Saudi Arabia.
The Saudi Arabian is currently being treated at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, because he was injured during the bombings.
The Boston Globe tweeted: “Saudi Embassy spokesman Jail Aljubeir says the Revere man is more a witness than anything else.”
Boston Explosions – No Extra Bombs Were Planted
We told you that there were reports that there were several unexploded devices laying around the city, but a state official says that’s not true.
“There were only two devices, and they were the ones that went off. There are no known additional threats.”
So far 176 people have been injured in the bombings, including three confirmed dead. One of which was an eight-year-old boy named Martin Richard.
WATCH: Live Stream Of Press Conference
– Chloe Melas
More On The Boston Marathon Explosions:
- Boston Marathon Explosions: Police Cite Possible Terrorist Attack
- Boston Marathon Explosions — Watch Live Stream Coverage Here
- Boston Marathon Explosions: Lindsay Lohan & More Tweet Reactions