The actress stayed in character, channeling Daisy from her upcoming film ‘The Great Gatsby,’ on the May 2013 cover of ‘Vogue’! We’ll tell you how to get her 1920’s beauty look below!
Carey Mulligan, 27, looks stunning in her cover photo shoot for the May issue of Vogue. In the spread, she rocks 1920’s hair, makeup, clothing and art deco jewelry. Celebrity makeup artist Marissa Nemes tells you how you can get Carey’s pretty look below!
Carey Mulligan’s ‘Vogue’ Beauty — Get Her ‘Great Gatsby’ Look
Mary Kay Glam Squad Celebrity Makeup Artist Marissa Nemes gives her expert tips below so you can be a retro beauty at home!
“To achieve Daisy’s soft, smoky eye:
1. Apply Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Metallic Taupe and blend a charcoal eye shadow like Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal over and into the eye crease.
2. Line the water and lash line with Mary Kay Eyeliner in Black, smudge the liner using a smudger brush and sweep Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Coal under the lower lash line to create depth.
3. Re-line the top lash line with Mary Kay Liquid Eyeliner and apply a generous coat of Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara for a set of heavenly lashes!
For Daisy’s iconic, bright red lip:
1. Apply Mary Kay NouriShine Plus Lip Gloss in Rock N’ Red for a vivid, glossy pop of color.
2. For a more versatile red lip, apply Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Sizzling Red. This lipstick can be applied as a balm, stain or a full bodied lipstick.”
Would YOU ever wear 1920’s-inspired makeup, HollywoodLifers? Tell us below.
– Dory Larrabee
More Carey Mulligan News:
- Carey Mulligan Says Bye To Blonde! Do You Like Her New Brunette Locks? Vote!
- Carey Mulligan Wedding Dress Details: She Wore A Prada Gown & Rain Boots/a>
- Carey Mulligan Marries Marcus Mumford