Boston Marathon Witness: ‘Somebody’s Leg Flew By My Head’

Mon, April 15, 2013 5:46pm EDT by 13 Comments
Getty

Joey

Posted at 10:02 AM on April 17, 2013

Do I think it’s terrifying? That may be one of the most ridiculous questions I’ve ever read. This comment is not intended to be rude or dramatic. There are just better ways to honor and respect the victims and their families, and remember those who lost their lives. Perhaps we should ask if it’s sad or terrible as well. I understand trying to get conversation going and seeing reactions, but maybe a little respect in the form of creativity and not so obvious questions on whether a real life event is tragic and terrifying or not. Just a thought.

JK

Bella

Posted at 11:01 AM on April 16, 2013

If u have Instagram there is a pic with a man walking on a building

Isabel Tounian

Posted at 4:39 PM on April 16, 2013

It was said on the news that the man walking on the building was part of a security detail

personal

Posted at 10:47 AM on April 16, 2013

My prayers are with the people of Boston especially those families who are suffering.

allison

Posted at 8:08 AM on April 16, 2013

this is so terrible! Praying for all involved.

Fahad

Posted at 3:56 AM on April 16, 2013

im not american but i feel sorry for these people :c </3

Taylor

Posted at 8:50 PM on April 15, 2013

It’s terrible. I know this will sound rude but they attack us because we are America. We have more freedom. We have more food and supplies to live. We have all the nice things in life while they live in clay homes on dirt with 1 or 2 rooms. And we take it for granted and they know that. Think if you we’re In their position, would you say oh they have all the good things in life and have heating and food I’ll just leave them alone or would you attack. I guess some people just attack. It’s a really sad thing.

Debi

Posted at 10:14 PM on April 15, 2013

How do you know that it wasn’t an American that did this? Home made bombs are generally made by locals. It seems to simple for a outside terrorist attack This sounds like the Oklahoma bombing which was the worst terrorist attack on American soil till 9/11. I pray for the victims and family of this tragic event. May they catch this bastard soon..

McLovin

Posted at 8:18 PM on April 16, 2013

Has anyone read about the man twith the cowboy hat that rescued people? I noticed him on the news right because of his hat, and after reading more about him (by all accounts a hero because of his quick thinking)…

How do we know that this man didn’t have anything to do with it? I pray that he was only acting on instinct when he ran towards the group after the explosion, but he has a troubled past. He set his van on fire after his son was killed in the war (trying to kill himself, the news was delivered on his birthday), and then his other son committed suicide. This man was giving out flags at the finish line at the time of the explosions, and I just watched an interview where he only had one flag left (the one in the picture). I am 100% not accusing this person, but truth can be stranger than fiction sometimes and being and since this person was an activist, just makes me wonder ?

I pray to GOD that he is truly only a hero in this situation, but my “suspicious” meter is going nuts.

Mike

Posted at 11:53 PM on April 15, 2013

You have a lot to learn, Taylor.

Steve

Posted at 1:08 AM on April 16, 2013

Your going to feel like an idiot if they find out it is homegrown terrorism. Trust me, no one envies our “freedom”. Stop eating up the Fox News/CNN hype. No one is after your heating or food. You win the award for the silliest comment ever.

Anabelle Whitepaws (@AnnaWhitepaws)

Posted at 8:43 PM on April 15, 2013

Horrible. Sadly, this seems like another Timothy McVeigh… Some wing-nut upset with the Federal Gov’t ruined an American tradition. Phucking murderous coward! #PrayForBoston

lorena

Posted at 7:22 PM on April 15, 2013

My heart and prayers goes out to the people in Boston….