‘The Carrie Diaries’ Scoop: Executive Producer Reveals Season 2 Plans

Wed, April 10, 2013 3:36pm EST by 60 Comments
Carrie Diaries Spoilers
Courtesy of The CW

Renee

Posted at 9:11 PM on April 18, 2013

This show is just fantastic!! I’m 30 and was a huge, huge fan of SATC. Fingers crossed there’s a second season!! :)

Natasha

Posted at 11:46 AM on April 18, 2013

Please please renew it!

mai

Posted at 12:21 AM on April 17, 2013

I so Love thIs show Thanks Carina Mckenzie I discovered this show excited love it love i love it hope it goes on and on

Jess Powell

Posted at 11:58 PM on April 16, 2013

Please please please renew Carrie Diaries for season 2!!!! Just loved it so so much! Watched it relegiously every week!!.
Please please please :)

Anna

Posted at 11:26 PM on April 16, 2013

This is the best show i watch! Better than Pretty Little Liars!! I love it so much! Please renew it! I will be absolutely crushed if they don’t :(

vikki

Posted at 7:34 AM on April 16, 2013

The show must go on… I am dying to see Season Two ,seriously dying to see this show all the way from oz. :)

Reena

Posted at 6:59 PM on April 15, 2013

I really love this show, and would love for it to stay on TV. Please keep it running as many seasons as you can because me and my friend Ravi really enjoy it!! Fantastic concept, great story line and brilliant actors!

Lauren

Posted at 6:53 PM on April 15, 2013

I absolutely love this show! I really don’t understand why people say its nothing like SATC because it is! It is showing how carrie got to where she was as an adult, it’s always talking about sex, and come on have you seen the fashionista at work?! This was an amazing idea for a show and it is so good! I TRUELY hope to see season two!

jackie jones

Posted at 12:02 AM on April 15, 2013

never watched Sex and City but I LOOOOOVE carrie diaries-watched it because EW reviewed initial episode as rocking the 80’s with a John Hughes vibe…I am hooked-will watch til this ends then buy Sex and City box set and go on from there-excited! love ALL the twists and turns of this show!

Dana

Posted at 12:07 AM on April 14, 2013

I love this show so much! Please keep it coming!

Nikki

Posted at 11:04 PM on April 13, 2013

I so LOVE this show I hated seeing it end, I really hope there is a season 2…I would like to see Carrie and Sebastian reunite and all the thing left unanswered!

Arieal

Posted at 4:36 AM on April 13, 2013

I watched this show with the intention of not liking it. I was a HUGE fan of S&TC and not a huge fan of Anna Sophia Robb (sp?) but I fell in LOVE with this show after the first episode! I did not want the season to end. I will be so bummed if the second season doesn’t air!

Mimi

Posted at 8:15 AM on April 12, 2013

I absolutely fell head over heels with the carrie diaries I will be soo bummed if season 2 doesn’t air :( I love the clothing, the MUSIC! The 80’s!

crystal

Posted at 6:05 AM on April 12, 2013

you know that feeling you get where your stomach feels like its getting heavy and light at the same time because your so exited about lets say your first date with a REALLY hot guy…. this is what happens when i think about the mere idea of there being a second season. i watched the original sex and the city with my mum growing up and have romanticised the idea of living in New York as a writer, but more specificity having Carrie Bradshaw life. this is why i was so exited about the fact that they finally did a show of her teenage years(considering i am also a teenager and can strongly relate to her yearn for the city and well… boys hahaha). this is all in addition to the fact that they have executed this show A M A Z I N G L Y, The characters were spot on and cant wait to see the way the already familiar characters from the original series will be depicted.

Allie

Posted at 10:51 PM on April 11, 2013

If they don’t have a season 2 I will drown in a puddle of my own tears. I am WAY too invested in Carrie and Sebastian’s relationship.

Rebekka

Posted at 7:26 PM on April 11, 2013

I am from germany and i’ve watched the carrie diaries and i totally FELL IN LOVE with this show, like omg. Aweeesome. I like also how its set in the 80ties and that i get to see how they lived and aah everything its just magical! I reaöly wish there will be a second season i would die if not! The finale was…well lets just say I screamed because of its amazigness and also disturbing and confusing power! Thank you SO much for this beautiful show, the characters are perfect set, too. Aw. Lovely.

MT

Posted at 5:14 PM on April 11, 2013

Anyone? CW replaced “You Spin Me” with a different song on the preview clip of The Carrie Diaries season. The only things I can identify are: it’s a female singer, sounds vaguely like Annie Lennox, and the lyrics I can catch are “1,2,3…. LET’S GO!” Is this an actual 80’s song or something CW paid for to be done? Any info. appreciated.

MT

Posted at 5:01 PM on April 11, 2013

Attention producers of “That 80’s Show”. Yeah, this is what it SHOULD have been like. The Carrie Diaries is spot on everything you weren’t. Sux to B U huh? Rock on Bradshaw!

crystal

Posted at 6:07 AM on April 12, 2013

um hun i think your thinking of ‘that 70’s show’

MT

Posted at 6:12 AM on April 12, 2013

Um no? They had BOTH. Check ya facts. Google is one click away? Hun.

TJ

Posted at 3:36 PM on April 11, 2013

Love the show but love the 80’s music most of all. Where on Prime Time in 2013 did I think I’d hear a New Order song? Awesome!!1

Hannah

Posted at 2:06 AM on April 11, 2013

Love love the show! So sad the seasons over.

Gayle Sylvester

Posted at 11:16 PM on April 10, 2013

My daughter and I watch “Carrie Diaries” together. We haven’t done much together for a long time. I hope there will be a 2nd season so we can continue.

Rebecca

Posted at 7:54 PM on April 10, 2013

I hope the Carrie Diaries get renewed also. I love the characters & the show is well written. I watch the show with my husband & 14 year old. We love it. There aren’t to many shows like this on TV anymore.

Jack Frost

Posted at 6:10 PM on April 10, 2013

Vanessa Hudgens is lucky she gets to suck off Sebastion off in real life

Sky

Posted at 5:02 PM on April 10, 2013

Thanks for the interview and video. I already can’t wait to see season two of The Carrie Diaries, although I haven’t gotten around to watching the season one finale yet. I missed it because I was working at DISH when it aired, but I recorded it. My DISH Hopper can record up to six shows at once, so it was easy for me to record The Carrie Diaries and my roommates could still record all their shows, too. It’s great that we don’t have to fight over what to record, and I can’t wait to see The Carrie Diaries finale!

HELLO KITTY LIMITED

Posted at 4:50 PM on April 10, 2013

I love this show and I’m in my 30’s! I used to watch Sex and the City and I love the 80s.

Lisa

Posted at 4:45 PM on April 11, 2013

I would blow this show’s demographic out of the water. I am a 43yr. old Black female. But I love, love ,love the music, and the show reminds me of my high school days. I miss that time of innocence and neurosis! I look forward to the show coming back.

V

Posted at 6:37 PM on April 12, 2013

I am 38 yo, and an “80’s child” so to speak. The music is fantastic ….I love it, and the episodes in season 1 had that that touch of “raw situations” that Sex and the city had. I love the show and am hooked….Who said it’s a teenager show..:) CW rocks and thank you for Vampire Diaries too!