Rachel looked stunning wearing a black lace Maria Lucia Hohan dress at the premiere for her new movie ‘To The Wonder’ in West Hollywood, Calif. on April 9. We spoke to the hairstylist who created her fun top knot so you can get the exact hair look at home!
Rachel McAdams‘s hair was created by Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend. He breaks down the step-by-step look below so you can re-create it yourself. With just a couple of products, you can get a red carpet ‘do in 10 minutes.
Rachel McAdams’s ‘To The Wonder’ Hair — Get Her Exact Look
“For the To the Wonder screening, I created a fun top knot for Rachel McAdams,” Mark tells HollywoodLife.com.
“I love a top knot and I am so happy this trend is sticking around; they are young, cool and super modern. To keep a top knot looking more chic and polished (instead of like you just left the gym) follow these easy steps:
1. I started by spraying the Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo on Rachel’s dry hair, focusing at the root. This dry shampoo is amazing at giving you a clean scalp and also amazing texture.
2. Next, I raked a dime-sized amount of Dove Color Care Leave On Conditioner through Rachel’s newly dyed hair to condition and add lots of shine before gathering her hair just in front of the crown of the head and pulling it into a ponytail.
3. I sprayed Sally Hershberger Genius Spray Wax into the ponytail to give the hair rich texture and then twisted the hair around the base of the ponytail, tucking the ends under the knot to hide them away and then secured with 12 bobby pins. I always make an X with two bobby pins when securing, and I always spray dry shampoo on them for extra security (the starch in the dry shampoo sticks to the pins and gives them a matte finish and creates a little extra friction with the hair for tighter hold).
4. When the knot was secured, I pulled out some flyaway hairs to soften the hair around the knot. To add to the look, I used a strip of black satin as a headband.”
Do you love Rachel’s top knot, HollywoodLifers?
– Dory Larrabee
More Rachel McAdams News:
- Rachel McAdams: Hair Color Chameleon — Vote On Your Fave Look
- Rachel McAdams’s French Pleat: How To Get Her Exact Look
- Kristen Stewart Vs. Rachel McAdams — Whose Braided Updo Is Best?