‘American Idol’ Recap: Candice Glover Has Best ‘Idol’ Performance Ever

Wed, April 10, 2013 11:20pm EDT by 39 Comments
American Idol Candice Glover Love Song
Courtesy of FOX

推薦行動電源

Posted at 5:52 PM on June 21, 2013

Im thankful for the article post.Much thanks once more. Really Cool.

k hriniak

Posted at 12:58 PM on May 9, 2013

Candice was good but best ever was Adam Lambert’s mad world

Aaron W2

Posted at 3:32 AM on May 3, 2013

Look stop saying that she had the best performance ever- it was one of the best ever but not the best! She has still some way to go before she eclipses Jennifer Hudson or fantasia or carrie. Angie also had one of the best ever with love came down and also one with her original track. I wish both could win!!

michael

Posted at 8:51 AM on April 15, 2013

All of her performances have sent me chills. Candice has an incredible musical sensibility – From her song choices, to her stunning interpretations, vocals that are out of this world, she deserves to win. I can’t wait to get her record!

zyggie

Posted at 2:28 PM on April 13, 2013

THIS YOUNG LADY IS AMAZING. I GOT CHILLS. CANDICE SHOULD WIN THIS.

Patricia Lim - Malaysia

Posted at 1:59 AM on May 4, 2013

definitely!

Ejam

Posted at 10:01 PM on April 12, 2013

Candice:,Be proud of your Gullah/ Geechee heritage. Do not be ashamed to tell the world about it. Your voice comes from has hundreds of years of history, and America is now learning about the sea islands. Your language, ,music, and heritage festivals. All those negro spirituals come form the Sea Island of which St Helena Island in Beaufort county is a part on the Gullah culture. The negro spirituals, the Brer ( Brother) Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Turtle tales, have originated in the Sea Islands. I have attended you Heritage Festivals on St Helena Island five times. I am not an American by birth. I am from the Caribbean, and your celebration of your culture has helped me to discover who I am. You are going to be a very famous lady.

Red Roses

Posted at 4:48 PM on April 11, 2013

Candice makes me want to play my Billie Holiday records.

TBow

Posted at 2:38 PM on April 11, 2013

Thw world has been hit by the Candy Glove!! She is so sweet and has an amazing voice! #CandyGlove for the win!!

Patricia Lim - Malaysia

Posted at 2:07 AM on May 4, 2013

YES YES!

Jona

Posted at 4:07 AM on April 11, 2013

Please give Mariah some tips on consolidating her thoughts so she makes sense when critiquing!

Duane

Posted at 5:11 AM on April 12, 2013

No kidding, it’s painful !

LissaCaldina

Posted at 3:51 AM on April 11, 2013

Reblogged this on Welcome To My World (My Life My Way ツ. My Destiny).

Terri

Posted at 2:41 AM on April 11, 2013

I thought the first two lines she was channeling Nina Simone, then it was supersonic, all Candice!

NANA OFTWO

Posted at 1:23 AM on April 11, 2013

CANDACE REMINDS ME OF SARAH VAUGHN… DOES ANYONE AGREE WITH ME?

Ralaine

Posted at 1:49 AM on April 11, 2013

Yes, I was lucky to see sarah vaughn perform live in laguna beach outdoor amphtieatrel i had not thought of her in a long time until Candice this season. This gal has those deep earthy sexy low notes like Sarah snd a great natural jazz style. Fantastic to see such a rare talent like sarah was.

Ejam

Posted at 10:12 PM on April 12, 2013

Sarah Vaughn sang: ‘ ‘Brokenhearted Melody, once you were our song of love.” She has been forgotten, because she sang during the days of segregation,

Ejam

Posted at 10:16 PM on April 12, 2013

I just love her voice.

Linda Nitzschke

Posted at 4:08 AM on April 11, 2013

Yes, she does, and she reminds me of every singer I’ve ever loved. She just has it all, and I love her as a person just as much. If she doesn’t win, it will be a total joke. She is the only one who can sing the difficult songs and make them special, and she has never once hit so much as one single note that wasn’t spot on. She is WOW.

Susan

Posted at 2:16 PM on April 11, 2013

I agree , with a mixture of lady day, she is somethin

LotusLane

Posted at 5:44 PM on April 11, 2013

rick

Posted at 5:51 PM on April 12, 2013

If you thought candice reminds you of Sarah Vaughn you really know your music. I TOTALLY agree and also thought Nina was an excellent referance. Super stylistic and will be awesome with her own writers and arrangers in place.

Ejam

Posted at 10:04 PM on April 12, 2013

She is another Sarah Vaughn.

Cali Gurl

Posted at 1:19 AM on April 11, 2013

Candice was just on another level tonight! I’ve been a fan of Amber’s for a while now but honestly Candice has by far the best voice. But of course America will choose the skinny white girl Angie to win. Candice deserves to win this year even if Amber is my favorite.

sam

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 17, 2013

Really? Skinny white girl? Jealous much? Angie is amazing….she just happens to have Candice competing against her and Candice is beyond amazing. They are all very good and deserve to win…and it is up to America who wins this. Race nor size should play a role in that decision. And what kind of place do you live in to think that way cause where I’m from talent is talent and we arent in the stone ages anymore!!!!

Patricia Lim - Malaysia

Posted at 2:04 AM on May 4, 2013

Tell that to American Idol!

James

Posted at 12:26 AM on April 11, 2013

Randy and Nikki have you heard of RACIST ? YOU BOTH ARE RACIST PIGS AND IF I WAS Jannel i would charge you both with being racist… how is it when all the white contestants do good and you both even tell some of them how they can make albums right now but when they perform you 2 pigs never give them a standing novation but if they were black you sure wouls stand up for them even if they did not even do good that night…
YOUR BOTH RACIST IDIOTS AND SHOULD BE FIRED FROM THE SHOW !!!

Me

Posted at 12:39 AM on April 11, 2013

Kree and Angie has gotten standing o’s from both of them. Jannel is good but can’t touch Kree Angie Amber or Candace. No racism. Jannel is just on a season with out of this world talent

Cameron

Posted at 1:19 AM on April 11, 2013

You need to get a clue. They have given them standing ovations before. Everything is not about
race, especially singing. You’re either good or you’re not…NEXT!

Marvin Wags

Posted at 1:37 AM on April 11, 2013

You calling someone racist is like a skunk telling someone they stink!

Linda Nitzschke

Posted at 4:14 AM on April 11, 2013

Be careful James. There is a very wise saying, “We see thing NOT as they are, but as WE are.” If you are going thru all the trouble of keeping a scorecard on skin color concerning standing ovations….it just could be that you are the racist.

zyggie

Posted at 2:33 PM on April 13, 2013

WELL SAID. Check yourself James before casting that first stone.

If she had been any race and sang the way Candice sang I would say AWESOME no matter the color or gender.

suesark

Posted at 8:50 AM on April 11, 2013

So, here I am a 64-year old white woman who says NONE of them can sing like Candice! Am I a racist? I don’t think so

Lar 5

Posted at 11:16 AM on April 11, 2013

You are totally insane

Nicki

Posted at 4:25 PM on April 11, 2013

you sound like an idiot. Randy is far from racist. Maybe because they didn’t give standing Ovation (not novation) worthy performances. Kree was great, BUT not better than Candice’s last song.

And Amber is not that good. I truly don’t see what everyone else sees…….. not at all.

Duane

Posted at 5:20 AM on April 12, 2013

Sounds like you are an uneducated racist REDNECK !

JB

Posted at 12:15 PM on April 13, 2013

Yooo! Dawg. You are so off base on this one. I’m the white guy going crazy for any cute white chicks and wanting them to win. I was and still am high on Angie, and the judges are right on with their comments about her. Janella, cute as she is is on even near the others in this race. Listen to the music. Kree is great Amber has grown on me, but Dude you have no clue if you can’t reconize the true genious, style and out of this world talent of Candice. Those last two proformances of hers were Crazy good. Above and beyond all others. I know you won’t see any of this because you are so racist. Wasting my time here. It’s sad that you are missing out on the true talent right in front of you. JB

skinlikebutter

Posted at 5:33 PM on April 13, 2013

Your comment is totally off base, music has no color. If it moves you…it moves you.

abe is doing it?!!?

Posted at 11:44 PM on April 10, 2013

so what does this mean?
FREE SANITARY TOWELS FOR LIFE?