‘The Carrie Diaries’ is one of the best shows on The CW, and that’s why I’m such a huge fan! After the explosive April 8 finale, I’ve put together a list of five things I’d love to see happen in season two!
‘The Carrie Diaries': Season 2 — 5 Hopes For The Series’ Future
1. Eliminate unnecessary characters. Let’s put all the focus on Carrie and Walt. They have amazing chemistry and could really excel catapult the series in a NYC setting, exclusively. Eliminate Maggie, Mouse and Dorrit. How can we do this? Time jump the series past senior year of high school and let’s get straight to the college years!
2. Fast forward the series one year and move Carrie and Walt to NYC full-time. Time jumps are always a great way to reinvigorate a series. One Tree Hill did so in season 5 and they were able to start over again, continuing on for five more seasons. Plus, OTH was able to ax unnecessary characters without needing to explain the absences. Carrie and Walt have such great chemistry, as Walt does with Bennet and Carrie does with Larissa. These should be the core characters. Plus, I loved the mention of Stanford from the original series, Sex and the City. Let’s meet him and introduce Miranda and Samantha as well — just like in the second book, Summer in the City!
3. Add more sex. There’s nothing we love more than sex and scandal! CW fans are missing Gossip Girl, so maybe TCD can infuse a bit of Gossip Girl’s scandalous elements and give the series an extra boost of excitement!
4. Let Carrie be silly. Carrie is way too mature for her age. Yes, her mom passed away and she had to take on the role as the mother figure, but let the girl have some fun. Let her get into some trouble! We want to be able to relate to the protagonist of the series! Not a lot of people in high school are trying to raise their adolescent sister or telling their dad when he can start dating.
5. Develop Walt’s relationship with Bennet. Walt and Bennet have the potential of being the next Kurt and Blaine. They’re a fan favorite and one of the few reasons I watch the series. Walt’s coming out storyline felt so real and authentic, and he possesses amazing chemistry with Bennet. I really hope that we get to see their relationship progress well into next season and beyond!
What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Should The CW renew The Carrie Diaries for season two?
WATCH: ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Season Finale End Scene — ‘Kiss Yesterday Goodbye’
— Chris Rogers
More ‘Carrie Diaries’ News:
- ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Recap: Walt Opens Up About His Secret Crush
- ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Recap: Sebastian Compromises Carrie’s Future
- ‘The Carrie Diaries’ Recap: Carrie’s Secret Life Gets Exposed