Just two days after the ‘Buckwild’ star was found dead from carbon monoxide poisoning, the first annual Shain Gandee Memorial Mud Run was held, with over 100 people showing up to pay tribute to him.
Shain Gandee died doing what he loved, which was muddin’. The Buckwild star, 21, and two others were discovered dead inside his 1984 Broncho on April 1 following a tragic accident, and as a tribute to him his family held a mud run in Proctorville, Ohio on April 3. Read on for all the details.
Mud Run Held For Shain Gandee After His Death
Shain was tragically found dead in his car, following a four wheeling expedition that went wrong. Shain, his uncle David Gandee and a friend were found dead inside Shain’s truck which was trapped in mud in a ravine near his Sissonville, WV, home. They died of carbon monoxide poisoning, because the muffler of the truck was submerged in mud.
Over 100 people showed up in Proctorville to pay tribute to the deceased MTV star, which saw those in attendance meet at Gandee’s General Store in Crown City then drive out to a local “mud hole” for a little four-wheeling action in celebration of Shain’s life.
“We don’t personally know Shain, but I think it’s awesome of Ashley [Gandee] to do this. We fell in love with him like a lot of people did from the show Buckwild and just wanted to show his family support,” said attendee Samantha Parks to WOWKTV.
Shain is yet to be buried, but MTV is said to be paying for his funeral. Shain’s cousin Ashley had planned the mud run originally to pay for his funeral, because his cash strapped family were unable too.
What do YOU think HollywoodLifers? Do YOU think Shain would have appreciated the mud run?
— Eleanore Hutch
More Shain Gandee Death News:
- Shain Gandee Found Dead In Driver’s Seat Of Car That Killed Three
- Shain Gandee’s Body Found In Mud — Dangerous Off-Roading Shown On ‘Buckwild’
- ‘Buckwild’: Shain Gandee Died Of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning — Report