‘Glee’ Scoop: Season Finale Rewritten Around Cory Monteith’s Absence

Thu, April 4, 2013 6:12pm EDT by 16 Comments
Matthew Morrison
Courtesy FOX

Courtney

Posted at 1:59 PM on July 31, 2013

“it looks certain that we will see Finn in season five” ….. god that line broke my heart

Nikita

Posted at 1:21 AM on July 27, 2013

*,,,Cory will be forevEr be missed and loved by all off. ThE Gleeks an fellow cast members #RipCoryMonteith#:'(

5654funny

Posted at 7:31 PM on July 19, 2013

Know for a fact that Corey is still alive I LOVE YOU COREY I AM A HUGE FAN

Morgan Conant

Posted at 12:13 PM on April 21, 2013

DOES THAT MEAN HE’S NOT GOING TO BE IN SEASONS 5 AND 6???

Rachel

Posted at 12:18 PM on July 14, 2013

Yes, he can’t be in it if the actor’s dead… :(

Angela

Posted at 11:57 PM on November 8, 2013

No he not be in Season 5 or 6 he died.

Sarah

Posted at 2:59 AM on April 14, 2013

I’m proud of Cory for recognizing his problems and seeking help, and I wish him all the best. That being said, Finchel is an unhealthy, toxic relationship. I find both characters much more enjoyable when they’re not together. I hope Finn gets his own storyline where he gets to articulate and pursue his own goals next season.

Jillian

Posted at 10:19 PM on April 8, 2013

Glee won’t be the same without Lea and Cory. So I look forward to Season 5 with them in it. I hope for a speedy recovery for Cory!!!

Hugo

Posted at 8:26 AM on April 6, 2013

I, on the other hand, hate his character and the way the writers have portrayed him, and if he left and never came back, that’d be fine by me (or came back deeply changed). The “stay away from my furure wife” line and the whole way he acts as if Rachel was his possession isn’t romantic, it’s creepy and worrying. Besides, their whole relationship plotline is completely exhausted and has been stretched for too long, I just wish Rachel took some time to find herself again and then find a new boyfriend who didn’t force her to choose between her dreams and him and who didn’t treat her as his possesssion.

Sharon

Posted at 2:30 PM on April 5, 2013

I agree….Glee is Finn and Rachel to me. They are the highlight of the show. I have a new respect for Cory. To say…okay…I need help and to do it. Knowing the whole world would be watching, judging and asking why. Tell me that doesn’t call for strength. You get better Cory. When you’re ready…open the front door..step out and yell out “okay world Cory Monteith is back and better than ever”. We’ll all be waiting.

madison2

Posted at 9:52 PM on April 4, 2013

If Cory Monteith does not come back to Glee in Season 5 to continue Finn’ s story (and his love story with Rachel) then I will probably stop watching the show. I feel that Finn is the heart of Glee and I am going to feel sad not seeing him in the finale, especially knowing why. However, I am so glad Cory is getting the help he needs, and look forward to him being healthy and happy again.

Haeliegh

Posted at 6:22 AM on April 5, 2013

You took the words right out of my mouth.

alo

Posted at 1:38 PM on April 5, 2013

Couldn’t agree more. If Cory doesn’t come back I will probably stop watching…I love Cory/Finn…he IS Glee! I wish him the best of luck in rehab and so proud he took this giant step to help himself.

Amber

Posted at 9:03 PM on April 4, 2013

Good Luck Cory, I hope you get better! Also that song sounds amazing!

please

Posted at 8:44 PM on April 4, 2013

Should have written more for Rachel and her individual story.

stw

Posted at 8:10 PM on April 4, 2013

I’ll miss seeing Cory’s stellar acting, and Finn’s story, immensely. Right now the most important thing is for Cory to concentrate on his recovery. But I’ll be waiting with even more eagerness to see the continuation of Finn’s individual story, and of the story of Finn and Rachel, in Season 5 next year.