The ‘Hart of Dixie’ star looks stunning on the May 2013 cover of ‘Cosmopolitan’ with a sexy smokey eye and sultry waves in her hair. We’re sharing her dermatologist’s tips so you can have cover-worthy skin like Rachel!
Rachel Bilson talks about cooking with her boyfriend Hayden Christensen and having kids in the future in the new issue, but we’re loving her beauty look! For the Cosmo cover, celebrity makeup artist Rachel Goodwin created Rachel’s perfect smokey eye and pink lip. Her sultry makeup and flawless skin are perfect for summer, and we’re helping you get the look below!
Rachel Bilson On ‘Cosmopolitan’ — Get Her Flawless Skin
Rachel relies on Celebrity dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman to make sure her skin is always picture perfect. Here are Dr. Jaliman’s top five tips for looking better instantly!
1) Always take off makeup before bed. “I cannot emphasize this enough. Never go to bed without cleansing your face. If you don’t, the results will be clogged pores and breakouts. If you’re really too exhausted to wash your face with water and cleanser, at least have cleansing pads by your bed and use them to wipe makeup off,” recommends Dr. Jaliman.
2) Don’t forget to exfoliate. Gentle cleansers can be used daily, while thicker scrubs or masks can be used once or twice a week.
3) Pay attention to your makeup. “People with acne cannot use heavy foundations and oily concealers, period. I’ve had several celebrity clients whose acne did not clear up until I personally spoke to their makeup artists — all that heavy TV makeup was ruining my carefully prescribed skincare regimen. Every major makeup company now makes oil-free and non-comedogenic foundations. People with very oily skin can use mineral foundations, which keep skin matte longer.”
4) Use anti-aging products before you see wrinkles. Start using retinols, antioxidants and collagen boosters in your late 20’s.
5) Cool your cosmetics. Storing makeup in the fridge instead of a hot and steamy bathroom will make it last longer and keep the ingredients from deteriorating.
Do you love Rachel’s cover look, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Rachel Bilson News:
- Rachel Bilson’s Side-Parted Updo: Cool Or Confusing? Vote
- Rachel Bilson Is A Secret ‘Teen Mom’ Fan & Can’t Wait To Start A Family
- Rachel Bilson & Victoria Justice Step Out In Bold Brights