After Shain’s sudden death, MTV has decided to suspend filming for the second season of ‘Buckwild.’
After being reported missing, Buckwild star Shain Gandee, 21, was found dead in a ravine in Sissonville, West Virginia on April 1. The MTV show, which centers around young people from West Virginia doing wild, reckless things, was in the midst of filming the second season when the tragic accident happened.
Following Shain’s death, MTV has decided to suspend production of the second season of the show, according to E!.
MTV released a statement after the Buckwild star’s death: “We are shocked and saddened by the terrible news about Shain Gandee, and those involved in this tragic incident. We are waiting for more information but at this time, our main concern is for the Gandee family and their friends. Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Shain had a magnetic personality, with a passion for life that touched everyone he met and we will miss him dearly.”
Did Shain Gandee Die From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
As we previously reported, Shain was found in a 1984 Ford Bronco with his uncle, David Gandee, and another unidentified individual. The cause of death for all three was carbon monoxide poisoning, according to TMZ. The Bronco was found stuck deep in the mud and could only be reached by an all terrain vehicle, according to a source.
Police believe that the car crashed in the ravine, causing the exhaust pipe to be buried in the mud. As the car continued running, carbon monoxide filled the car, killing all three passengers.
HollywoodLifers, do YOU think Buckwild production should have been shutdown? Vote below!