‘True Blood’ Season 6 Promo: ‘Billith,’ Warlow & More Danger Revealed

Sun, March 31, 2013 12:45pm EST by 6 Comments
True Blood Promo
Courtesy of HBO

‘True Blood’ returns June 16! Watch the first official tease from the new season here.

HBO has released the first 30-second look at the upcoming sixth season of True Blood, and it’s unspeakably intense. Quick cuts reveal Bill (Stephen Moyer) in all his “Billith” glory, chasing down Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard), picking up right where season five left off — and that’s where the real fun begins.

‘True Blood’ Promo Reveals 5 Major Season 6 Teases

1. “Billith” looks to be completely out of his mind. Even for a guy who’s naked and totally covered in blood, he seems especially insane, as he rips the Authority headquarters apart and emerges from the burning wreckage. I think it’s safe to say he’ll be a considerable threat in season six.

2. Could there already be trouble in paradise for Tara (Rutina Wesley) and Pam (Kristin Bauer Van Straten)? A quick shot shows the ladies in a tense grip — and I’m not talking about the fun, naked kind.

3. Alcide (Joe Manganiello) is seen ripping off his shirt and growling — so I guess some things never change in Bon Temps.

4. Is Eric in even more danger? The Nordic beauty is seen surrounded by men — vampires? — with guns, and he doesn’t look too confident of an escape plan. Pam also appears to be a similarly sticky situation.

5. And is that Warlow we see under that hat? I guess we’ll have to wait when the vampire who allegedly killed Sookie and Jason’s parents will finally be revealed.

WATCH ‘True Blood’ Season 6 Promo

HollywoodLifers, now that we’ve gotten our first *official* look at season six, what are you most excited to see?

— Andy Swift

More ‘True Blood’ Season 6:

1. ‘True Blood’ Season 6 Premiere Date Revealed
  2. ‘True Blood’ Season 6 Scoop: Is Eric Waging ‘War’ Against Billith?
  3. ‘True Blood’ Season 6 Spoiler: Sookie’s New Love Interest Revealed

bokiluis

Posted at 10:36 AM on April 9, 2013

I would love to see Bill and Sookie reunited, but, it seems really far away in the plot. Since I am such a harder core “true blood guy”, I am pleased that June doesn’t seem that far away (especially since my other favorite series, “Mad Men” has begun Season 6 to add excitement to my Sunday evenings again). Since I don’t know the “True Blood” books, I have to rely on the occasional spoiler to clue me in. However, Bill’s “humanity” is one of the features that drew me to the series. This supersized evilized Bill is okay for a few episodes, but, if it is more permanent, I cannot say how captivated I will be. Bill, Sookie and Eric’s chemistry is central to my interest.
One of the faires is interesting. But losing Hoyt last season was another lost that the undeveloped male fairy character is just not enough to hold my interest if the season relies on an evil Bill too.

Nik

Posted at 10:12 AM on April 2, 2013

Would love to see Sookie back with Bill, just not in his present state.

Lana

Posted at 5:45 PM on April 6, 2013

Bill is disgusting and should be with no one. Anyone who wants Sookie with the creep who told her she was an abomination and had a handicap is sick in the head.

Sarah

Posted at 10:14 PM on March 31, 2013

I love how ruthless this new Bill looks! During the wait to find out what he is, I have been watching previous seasons with my DISH Anywhere app. With my late work shift at DISH, I always use my app to stream On Demand shows to my tablet. There’s nothing better than spending my long train home watching my favorite shows.

Luz (@LuzStereo)

Posted at 8:01 PM on March 31, 2013

I think if they want, this could be a good season, I mean Billith looks like a great villain.

I can’t wait to see more of Pam & Tara.

Also what about Jess? She has the worst maker ever :(

And please let Eric & Sookie get together, even in a show about vampires is getting lame that she gets a new love interest every single season. For me there were only 2 options: Bill or Eric, now that Bill is out of the picture (for now), Eric is the best choice (he always was, but now there’s no doubt of that).

PS: sorry for my english

Lena

Posted at 3:38 PM on March 31, 2013

Eric is so sexy. I missed him so much. He’s why I watch.