First US Face Transplant Patient Marries Burn Victim Girlfriend

Sun, March 31, 2013 1:08pm EDT by 15 Comments
Jamie Nash Dallas Wiens Married
Courtesy of Ian C. Bates/Dallas Morning News

What an inspirational story. Dallas Wiens and Jamie Nash overcame immense struggles and found love and hope in each other. Their wedding on Mar. 30 is a testament to human perseverance and the power of love. Congratulations!

Before Dallas Wiens and Jamie Nash met each other, they were struggling to recover from unbelievably traumatic experiences. But they both proved how strong, supportive, and in love they are now during their beautiful wedding ceremony in Fort Worth, Tex. on Mar. 30.

Dallas Wiens & Jamie Nash: Their Emotional Wedding Ceremony

Dallas and Jamie, who met in a support group for burn victims, showed that their love for each other was strong enough to withstand any physical pains, getting married in a beautiful ceremony at the same church where Dallas was injured.

Exchanging their vows in front of a congregation of over 150 people, Dallas lovingly told Jamie, “I am blessed beyond measure that you have chosen me, and I love you with all of my heart.” Jamie responded in kind, “You gave me hope, and you gave me tender love that I will always treasure.”

Dallas Wiens & Jamie Nash Triumph Over Traumatic Experiences

Their love for each other, and the strength they found in one another, is so inspirational considering the tragic things they have both gone through.

Dallas was severely injured in 2008 working construction at a church when he accidentally touched a high-voltage power line. He was blinded and suffered serious facial injuries, and subsequently became the first American to receive a full face transplant. In 2010, Jamie suffered near-fatal burns on 70 percent of her body when her car burst into flames after an accident.

Dallas Wiens & Jamie Nash: A Source Of Hope & Inspiration

While being treated at the same hospital though, Dallas and Jamie found courage and support from each other, and their lives have been enriched ever since. “He’s marrying someone who can share about their pain that they’ve gone through, and their recoveries. They have fantastic attitudes about why they’re where they are,” says Sue Peterson, Dallas’ step-grandmother.

This is the second marriage for both Dallas and Jamie. Dallas has a five-year-old daughter and Jamie has a ten-year-older daughter and a six-year-old son. They both travel as motivational speakers now, with Jamie focusing on speaking about the dangers of texting and driving.

Their stories of near death to pure bliss are extremely inspirational, and they can both give hope to all of us. Congratulations, Dallas and Jamie!

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Inspirational Stories:

1. Mother’s Inspiring Video Of Son Born With Severe Cleft Palate & No Eyes — Watch
  2. Jodie Foster Is An Inspiration For Coming Out As Gay At Golden Globes
  3. Check Out The Trailer For ‘Fly Away’ — An Inspiring Story Of A Mother Raising An Autistic Child

Liz

Posted at 11:59 AM on October 9, 2013

This is the most beautiful story I have ever heard. I wish you both the best,lots of love and great health. You are both beautiful people,inside and out. Liz

Jordon C White From India

Posted at 4:49 AM on May 6, 2013

oh God this is the nicest thing to know of two unfortunate victim of ugly accidents has found love and care in each other..in a way these horrible accidents came as a blessing to the couple- had there be no accidents they would not have met…you couple are beautiful…love you guys for giving hope to people who’s all good yet has to complain about their life…with you two as examples they would hopefully be grateful for the beautiful life God has given us….love ya guys

some. people

Posted at 9:04 PM on April 3, 2013

Some people tend to think that they are owed something! !!when in actuality not one person went through the pain that he did! He owes noone money or an explanation! !!!

truth

Posted at 10:13 PM on April 2, 2013

this is Dallas’s third marriage. he was dating one of his nurses before Jamie. then he realized how much money he could make on other people’s sympathy. The family wasnt even invited to the wedding.

Danielle Delgadillo

Posted at 3:29 PM on April 2, 2013

I don’t understand how you expect people to support gay marriage when you talk like this about a couple that has NOTHING TO DO WITH GAY OR ANTI GAY MARRIAGE!!!! I personally know the couple and her BEST FRIEND is gay and loves him unconditionally and supports him!!! Please stand up for your beliefs a diffrent way!!!I support gay marriage..I also love Jamie and Dallas alot and it upsets me that u call them freaks! And yes they lookdifferent but they lived from terrible tragedies and educate people.!!!!!

bonju

Posted at 2:55 AM on April 1, 2013

And gay people can’t marry in the same country these two deformed freaks married. Something is wrong in America.

Dana

Posted at 3:30 PM on April 1, 2013

Excuse me? Deformed freaks?

Nathalie Thollier

Posted at 1:16 PM on April 2, 2013

They aren’t deformed freaks, it’s you who is a stupid freak and your comparison with gay people is ridiculous

bonju

Posted at 2:13 PM on April 2, 2013

They actually are deformed. Freaks was harsh I admit. I never said anyone was stupid. You went down to that level. Shame on you. Gay people are not permitted to be married. I know – I am gay. The fact that they are allowed even though they are deformed they are still allowed. I find this unfair. It’s a shame you are so anti-gay to see what I am writing.

Nathalie Thollier

Posted at 5:14 PM on April 2, 2013

They are not freaks, shame on you! And deformed people are permitted to be married as other people. This couple has NOTHING TO DO WITH GAY OR ANTI GAY MARRIAGE !

bonju

Posted at 5:20 PM on April 2, 2013

Shame on me? Shame on you for not seeing what I am writing about. These people are allowed to marry because their sex falls under man and woman – no matter what they look like. But I’m gay and I can’t get married to my partner. That’s ridiculous. We are productive people that give back to society every day – these two take from society and will forever be on disability and squeeze every last time from the system that they can. They have everything to do with RIGHTS and GAY MARRIAGE & it’s a shame…A CRYING SHAME that you can’t see that!

lorena

Posted at 12:40 AM on April 1, 2013

Stories like this one is great to hear….please but some more of your stories like this on hear more, more, more, and more often here….It will be great to here stories like this one….and congrats to the happy couple that got married…and i wish them the best on there married life know….

Sheri

Posted at 8:58 PM on March 31, 2013

Please share more stories like this, with heart and heros, and WAY LESS of that self centered, narcissistic, animal abusing, Kim K. I hate that twit. She never did one good thing in her life.

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 31, 2013

IS IS ABOUT TIME THE MEDIA PUT SOMETHING ON HERE WORTH READING!!!!!!!!!!!!! BESIDES THE BORING LIFE OF JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!!!!!! HE IS SUCH A WASTE OF OXYGEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lana