Stephenie Meyer: Why I Won’t Work With Rob & Kristen Again

Thu, March 28, 2013 3:13pm EST by 69 Comments
FameFlynet, SplashNews

pipi

Posted at 2:03 AM on March 31, 2013

Sorry ladies, if my comment offended. It’s just a different perspective on what I see. From the pictures I’ve seen, no cheating, one kiss. What I not see: maybe it was sex, maybe not. If so, I hope Kristen enjoyed every minute.
And the kids, you’re talking about? My God, who would want to bring a child into this nasty world? I for me, big NO!!

sisi south africa

Posted at 8:14 AM on March 31, 2013

@pipi no sweat thanx for clearing that up thats cool ,your perspective is noted and respected by me I just dont agree with it though.

BLUE

Posted at 8:52 PM on March 30, 2013

@sisi south africa I am also starting to get worried that our kids brains are shrinking judging from pipi and many peoples comments here about this issue with kristen and rob because this issue exposes the level of general knowledge about the world we live in or lack of for that matter…it would seem as much as we americans like to advertise freedom of expression that we dont know what it means we open all these websites and open comments from people all over the world but we are only happy when those comments are agreeng with us once they divert into the real truth we go into attack mode. What you said about kristen and rob is true they are in an EXCLUSIVE relationship thats why a person cannot all of a sudden show up in some DAMNING pictures with another man kissing . Pipi when you are in an exclusive relationship you are not single because the same rules THAT APPLY TO A SINGLE PERSON DONT APPLY TO YOU. PS: I live in a first world country and I share sisi south africas thoughts so you see that has nothing to do with anything pipi.GROW UP!!!

sisi south africa

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 30, 2013

Pipi for some rason you are choosing to be blind I am not going to school you on other cultures because its your responsibility to know as an individual living in a first world country but you choose to close your eyes and this results in embarrasing comments like the one you just made.I dont think you know what your talking about and you are not the first person to put your foot in your mouth when it comes to me and my culture I live in a free country I have been exposed to most cultures in the world since I was born I have been exposed to Hollywood since I was born and every one in south africa for that matter…I am shocked at some peoples comments here Rob and kristen are in an exclusive relationship some of you are suggesting they should get married and have kids and yet here comes the pipis of this world claiming its ok to get caught in the act of cheating . You clearly live in a strange world where love is a joke and not taken seriously I was tought to be an individual and to build my own frame of thought and my and I repeat MY frame of thought says kristen cheated and I am not the only one apparently who thinks like that. Thats why this made headlins all over the world . So maybe you dont know your culture as much as you think .Take some responsibility and educate yourself because as it is I know more than you do in my “third world country” as you put it in your SHOCKINGLY ignorant state of mind.

TRACY123

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 30, 2013

To samantha k, it was just a kiss!!! Get over it.

pipi

Posted at 5:22 PM on March 30, 2013

Sisi, your culture, Third World countries is clearly different. With another glance at women, your offensive comments. Kristen is still single. Not in committed relationship. Therefore, all guys have the opportunity to flirt and strive for Kristen. It’s only natural. Few girls are so unique and beautiful as Kristen’s. Interest and the eyes of men in Kristen will always be. Whether you like it or not.

sisi south africa

Posted at 8:14 PM on March 30, 2013

d.harris

Posted at 2:09 PM on March 30, 2013

@samantha k.very good question you have out there.her fans does not really understand why p/p still talk about the scandal really.for them is just a kiss they saw,but p/p do not just kiss in that manner unless there is something going on.and their inability to recognise that something wrong happened b/w k-stew and rupert, that is making people react the way they do .for them she is just miss perfect and p/p are just bad mouthing her for nothing.this scandal that keep going is not really about hating kristen ,is about what you see and what i see ,how do we understand it, and then p/p trying to stand against the attitude of her fans since then who keep saying is just photo tricks and nothing more.

vampirelady13

Posted at 2:31 PM on March 30, 2013

I am not exusing what she did. She is human just like you and everyone else on this site. Yes she screwed up big time she has learned from it. Now they are trying to move on. But a$$ hole people wont let it go. Why in the hell should Kristen get bashed when there are a lot of stars out there who cheat like Ashton Kutcher he cheated did not get bashed. So many other stars who have not gotten this kinda crap for f- ups. Give her a break she is still young and learing about life. JEEZ some people are real IDIOT

sisi south africa

Posted at 10:16 AM on March 30, 2013

Yes its an affair it cost rupert his marriage and we dont know what else they did before they were caught and the cameras were not rolling. She CHEATED. You guys have clearly never been in love with someone. A kiss is very much CHEATING especially if it includes a secret randezvouz and no one had put a gun on her head AND SHE DID NOT LEAVE HER CURRENT LIVE IN BOYFRIEND!!! Even if you say the marriage was on the rocks before then Kristen shouldnt have been involved in their mess anyway . SHE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER than to feed her GLUTTON LIKE BEHAVIOUR. NOOOOO MATTER WHICH ANGLE YOU LOOK AT THIS FROM SHE C-H-E-A-T-E-D and acted unfaithfully Rob may have or may not have forgiven her but he knows and we know that she CHEATED.

time

Posted at 2:42 AM on March 30, 2013

@josephine: A kiss is not an affair, baby!!

TRACY123

Posted at 7:55 AM on March 30, 2013

To time, I’m with you on this one, gosh it was only a kiss. Rob knows exactly what happened that day and “WHY” and has gotten over it, so should everyone else. This whole stupid supposed “affair” its just totally blown way out of proportion. Gosh, you should live on my block, the old koots are always running after the girls/women. One of my neighbors is real touchy feely and he’s always looking to plant a kiss on you even with your husband standing right there.
Have a nice day everyone!

samantha k

Posted at 10:25 AM on March 30, 2013

@Tracy123 If pictures of your father surfaced from the post and there he is with a younger woman who is not your mom and they were in the same positions as kristen and rupert would you not consider it an affair ? Would you say its just a kiss or woukd you say “definitley dad took advantage of her and anyways mom and dads marriage was on the rocks”? Or if kristen was dating and living with your brother would you and the same situation occured would you still feel the same way or is it just that you dont care about rob and its all about what kristen wants hey?

M

Posted at 12:05 AM on March 30, 2013

Stephanie didn’t actually say “no” to the question. She said she would want to do another project without them. HollywoodLife reports whatever they want whether it is the truth or not and they have been know to twist facts and statements to fit whatever they want the article to be about. We don’t know what she said before or after that part of the statement. She could have said “I would love to work with them again someday but I would want to do another project without them.” Or she could have left it open and not said yes or no at all, I am sure if she had actually said “no” that would specifically be in the quote. JMO.

guest

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 29, 2013

you all crack me up……there is no division between Kristen and Rob acting together again and I know S. Meyers does not look at it that way.. Kris didn’t have an affair and Rob knows that too. Just the idiots that believe the crap they read and fuel the flame. Beside remember every body hated Rob at first and it took the two of them to make it a success. Enjoy it for what it was …a love story that turned into one outside of the series. How great for them……………………

josephine

Posted at 7:32 PM on March 29, 2013

@Guest she did have an affair there are pictures at your disposal up until today for you to look at ok? Play another card on that one and make it ,good because your denial is ignorant and puts you sh!t out of luck.

time

Posted at 2:40 AM on March 30, 2013

A kiss is not an affair, baby!!

TRACY123

Posted at 3:17 PM on March 29, 2013

Stephenie, there’s an old saying, “If ain’t broke don’t fix it”, Stephenie should go back to more Twilight movies, bring back Rob and Kristen and the others, isn’t there more she can write about?
What about Jacob and Renesmee? Aro now wanting Bella as his prize, etc. You know it will be a hit.

tellitlikeitis

Posted at 7:28 PM on March 29, 2013

So you still want some more rob and kristen @tracy123 ? Gees and I thought I was obsessed !Stephenie just wants to move on in my opinion especially after you know who did …you know what…it was something people wanted to stay away from maybe in a few years besides twilight was a story about vampires if she pursues jacob and renesmee it will look desparate and loose its original flavour

TRACY123

Posted at 7:45 AM on March 30, 2013

To tellitlikeitis, well when the checks are not rolling in for Stephenie, she “will” go back to Twilight, just you watch! The Host is getting horrible reviews in my area. And you know who, gosh it was only a kiss, it was not an affair, get over it, Rob sure has. Of course Stephenie can not go back to the original Twilight, but she stated she has written small side stories that she has not explored yet.

d.harris

Posted at 12:14 PM on March 29, 2013

For me stephnie did nothing but ,act like a wise business woman.in the acting world,kristen has become a game of chance,if you take or hire her—it can easily go either way.and rob outside the contrtacts he is already signed—is like fans are not happy with him too right now.we should not under estimate the power of fans.they are the ones that really made them to be known and have all their money.if they stop appreciating them,well no matter how handsome or beautiful and talented they are ,no one will hire them cos they are liability.for hollywood is all about money and when you do not bring in much as expected,well you have gone bye bye with your talent.fans have diverse opinion on any actor,they do not have to take all into consideration but,still take them serious and respect them cos without them—- well we all know what the answers are.i love twilight,and the book was my first love over the movie.i was begining to really like it and then kristen wiped it all.i was hoping that twilight will beat stars when it comes to fan base but ,with the scandal come the division.is really a pity.

Kay

Posted at 2:20 PM on March 29, 2013

Splitting the fanbase was unavoidable. Even if there was no cheating and just a breakup, people would take sides and some would lose interest all together.

Kay

Posted at 2:23 PM on March 29, 2013

By the way Host is getting slammed by the critics. I don’t think Stephanie should distance herself from Twlight just yet.

TRACY123

Posted at 3:03 PM on March 29, 2013

To Kay, your right, The Host only got 2 stars in my area, I think Stephenie should think twice about writing the next two installments. And your also right, there has always been “2” sides regarding Kristen and Rob, gosh Kristen has been getting bashed for the last 5 years, this is nothing new.
Kristen has said in an interview, you knew very little of her personal life, you will know even less now. Kristen also said, hers and Robs’ personal life is entertainment for some people. That’s for sure. We’re all guilty of that, that is why we are on these stupid websites, But we have to ask ourselves is Kristen and Rob’s personal lives our business? NO, we all need to move on. Wishing them both well with their next projects. Have a nice day.

Susy

Posted at 11:06 AM on March 29, 2013

To Tracy123, Thanks for pointing out that in other interviews Stephenie praised Kristen as well as Rob. Samuel 40 is probably right regarding what he said about Edward being the character who attracted the most fans. This is probably why Stephenie mentioned only Rob at the premier when she said he was the one who made Twilight so successful.

To Pru, Except for interviews and premiers Stephenie, Rob and Kristen have had nearly two years to get over Twilight. It’s been only 26 days since the Breaking Dawn Part 2 premier. Give us fans some time to get over Twilight. Everything fades with time. In a year you can come back and blast us then. :)

Susy

Posted at 11:09 AM on March 29, 2013

I meant to say the Breaking Dawn Part 2 DVD release, not the premier.

vampirelady13

Posted at 9:15 AM on March 29, 2013

I will not read or watch anything else Stephnie puts out. I am boycotting her till she finishes Midnight Sun. I do not belive in supporting an author who punishes her fans for her own stupidity. She gave that manuscript to someone she shouldnt have. So why should we support her. Not to mention the Host sounds to much like The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

Glinda Vegliacich

Posted at 3:17 AM on March 31, 2013

I agree about “Midnight Sun” she should finish it. In my opinion Edward as we see him in “Midnight Sun” is far more interesting than in Twilight. Edward was trapped in the body of a seventeen year old but he has lived over a hundred years so he certainly no longer thinks like a seventeen year old. I think Rob wanted to show more depth and he was right. As for “The Host” I liked the book but it may not transfer well to film but I haven’t seen the movie.

Samuelle 40

Posted at 6:29 AM on March 29, 2013

S.M.didnt want to talk about Twilight she was promoting The Host what she said about Rob was true although books were told Via Bella and Jacob it was Edward who was the lynch pin on film rob played the part exclusively and who had the obsessive fans without him saga would have been nothing.Surprised S.M didn’t say anything more positive ,more people read the books and probably went on to read the Host as well so without them she wouldn’t have been such a household name.

pru

Posted at 1:50 AM on March 29, 2013

You guys have proven me right with all I have been saying all this time you cant let go of twilight even Stephenie has let go not to mention rb and kristen . Kristens cheating was a way of helping you ease out of the twilight world but it failed because you are all in to deep. Do you think not going to watch the host will stop other people from doing so? NOOO you guys need to come back to reality and realise that just because you are helplessly obsessed with twilight doesnt mean AT ALL that other people are too.

samantha k

Posted at 1:58 AM on March 29, 2013

…And @pru they also need to realise that they dont control anything they dont control the sales of these movies or books, what stephenie should or shouldnt say, or what we should or shouldnt say, and especially THEY DONT CONTROL ROB AND KRISTEN and their relationships or break ups they need to realise now that they are JUST FANS and NOTHING MORE.

sisi south africa

Posted at 2:00 AM on March 29, 2013

Absolutely!!!! Sam and pru. Absolutely!!!

Kay

Posted at 9:07 AM on March 29, 2013

And nobody can control where people choose to spend their money. If people don’t like what Stephanie had to say about Twlight they can choose not to support Host. The twlight fans being fanatics served everyone purpose when they were raking in dough off Twlight. Guess what if Kristen and Robert break up and Twlight fans choose not to support them, that is their right too.

samantha k

Posted at 11:21 AM on March 29, 2013

Thank you for agreeng with me kay !

Toni

Posted at 5:35 PM on March 29, 2013

@samatha k – their obsession won’t allow them to think clearly about anything other than Twilight. It’s their entire world and they only want a happy ending to this drama. Their way beyond fans and it’s out of control. Kristen should be running for her life from her obsessed fans.

vampirelady13

Posted at 12:11 PM on April 16, 2013

I could care less if Rob and Kristen stay together. My point was she was punishing her fans for her own stupidity. She should finish Midnight Sun. She should not punish us because she gave the first part of the story to someone who put it in the internet Why is that our fault. Dont get me wrong i do care about Rob and Kristen but rather they stay together or not is not my consern i have to much going on in my life to worry about theres .

Ella

Posted at 1:31 AM on March 29, 2013

Cimorelli can you please follow me on Facebook,twitter,Skype,instergram and mostly snapchat me

DB

Posted at 11:51 PM on March 28, 2013

SM sure loves using them for publicity, while she disses them in the same breath. pfft

@juliejac

Posted at 9:54 PM on March 28, 2013

If she she won’t work with them I won’t the host or any. Other movie why did she talk about them

TRACY123

Posted at 7:37 PM on March 28, 2013

For that comment I will NOT go and see The Host, she could have answered the question differently. Ingrate!

Rachel

Posted at 10:33 PM on March 28, 2013

How is she an ingrate? Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart would be nothing without Twilight – it isn’t the other way around. Had another duo starred in the saga, people would be singing their praises instead.

TRACY123

Posted at 7:57 AM on March 29, 2013

To Rachel, because her answer sounded ungrateful, like she was full of herself,.we will never know if another couple had played the part in the movie would it have been such a hit, but everyone knows that Kristen and Rob’s chemistry is what made Twilight a major success, . Stephenie could have just said, maybe someday I would work with Kristen or Rob, but for now I am working with this new couple.

bjsmith

Posted at 5:48 PM on March 28, 2013

I see Stephenie ‘s point. But I think its more to it. Kristen probably would work with her again, but not Rob. Stephenie does not like Rob because he thinks for himself. When it comes to work they say Rob takes it very seriously. Stephanie wrote the books but she is not the screen play writer or the director and actors listen to and follow the directors wishes not Stephenie. She doesn’t want to work with Kristen right now because of the scandal. Kristen dissappointed her . So right now the only one from the Twilight series she would work with is the clean untarnished Taylor Lautner. She is Morman and they demand perfection and a spotless reputation. Stehenie is somewhat ungrateful too. Rob, Kristen and Taylor. Made all that money for her and Summit. To be honest maybe they don’t want to work with again. I cant say I don’t blame them. Twilight is over. Move on.

Susy

Posted at 8:02 PM on March 28, 2013

I find your remark odd that Stephenie does not like Rob considering she singled him out as the one who made the Twilight franchise so successful. She said this at the end of the Breaking Dawn Part 2 premier. When I was watching the premier online it surprised me when she mentioned only Rob and nobody else.

TRACY123

Posted at 9:39 PM on March 28, 2013

To Susy, Stephenie mentioned Kristen a ton of times in different interviews, that Kristen was great, she really came into her own being a vampire, etc., it wasn’t only Rob she mentioned.

chloe

Posted at 2:04 AM on March 29, 2013

I just realised razzie rhymes with tracy thats why she hates the razziez so much…juuuuuust kidding. Not about the rhyming though.LOL LOL LOL.

sisi south africa

Posted at 1:40 AM on March 29, 2013

Is that why she won a RAZZIE Tracy? She did not come into her own she single handedly KILLED twilight for many many people and this includes Stephenie Meyer as it seems.

Kay

Posted at 9:26 AM on March 29, 2013

What idiot takes the Razzies seriously. Kristen killed it for many women in twlight that wanted to hook up with Rob because she was supposedly in a relationship with Kristen.

vampirelady13

Posted at 9:21 AM on March 29, 2013

Stephenie disappointed fans when she did not finish Midnight Sun. So why does she deseve any fans

Glinda Vegliacich

Posted at 3:34 AM on March 31, 2013

I agree with you about Rob he does think for himself and I hope he continues. I loved the Twilight books but like Rob I was not blind to the inconsistencies or the fact that the writing was often immature. I can’t explain why I liked them so much I guess that is why they were such a success they seemed to grab hold of us for reason even we can’t explain. I personally saw the movies because I liked Rob I was never completely satisfied with Kristen as Bella she never seemed to convey the love Bella felt for Edward.

@lisa

Posted at 11:57 PM on April 1, 2013

You like Twilight saga coz you have a romantic nature. The books are illogical (glittering vampire indeed) and most of the time I want to kick Bella where it hurts. I would have watched the movies if Kristin wasn’t playing Bella. Rob played a sucker in the movies, still a sucker in real life.

D.C.

Posted at 5:10 PM on March 28, 2013

DUH! She doesn’t have any (new) books to sell to movie companies.

I tried reading the Host, it was awful. Good luck on the movie….

bjsmith

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 28, 2013

The host is an awrful book. I could not get into it. I was going to see the movie. I am still no sure yet. I am a Twilight fan but the books were not that well written but enjoyable. I have seen all of the movies I enjoyed them they were good entertainment. Hopefully the movie will be more exciting than the book.(The Host)

d.harris

Posted at 4:56 PM on March 28, 2013

she is a smart woman.she answered the question in an intelligent manner.infact politely saying no.is like hl keep trying to look for anything that have a link to robsten.unfortunately,few for kristen and maybe more on robs side.that is when they shake hands ,hl talks about it,they sandra presented at kids choice award and greeted kristen after giving her her award,just a natural reactionin that type of situation,the news is —-oh even sandra greeted her.they are working so hard to get relevant things to support their frenzy and they cannot find one so ,they resort to reporting unimportant things———-ofcourse stephnie is a writer,writers are on the move all the time.she felt is time to keep moving,she does not want to get lost in the land of twilight,it does not mean she is not proud of twilight.a wise decision.

emma

Posted at 3:47 PM on March 28, 2013

because she now know d real image of kristen so she dont want 2 work with her again

fanpire

Posted at 3:25 PM on March 28, 2013

well if that’s true..i think that she has been quite rude now when the host came.she just forgot about twilight

Swiftie

Posted at 3:54 PM on March 28, 2013

She forgot about twilight because it ended jeez
She wants to change her style, I don’t blame her twilight has been going on for years now

bjsmith

Posted at 6:03 PM on March 28, 2013

It does not matter that Twilight is over.Stephenie should know that she will always be known for The Twilight series. Her moving on is great but lets not forget what has put you in this great place. Never bite the hands that feed you.