Lazaro Arbos: I’ll Never Cry On National TV Again

Thu, March 28, 2013 5:10pm EDT by 9 Comments
Lazaro Arbos Forgets Lyrics
Courtesy of FOX

After shedding a few tears on March 20, Lazaro is vowing never to cry on TV again. On March 27, however, the singer’s will was tested when Nicki Minaj and his fellow contestants slammed him after a poor group performance!

Tensions are rising on American Idol as more contestants continue to get eliminated, and Lazaro Arbos is doing his best to withstand the heat. The contestant completely forgot his lyrics during a group performance on March 27, and was slammed by Nicki Minaj as well as fellow contestants Burnell Taylor and Devin Velez. After crying on stage the previous week, Lazaro is now saying that he will never cry again on national television, regardless of what happens in the future.

Lazaro Arbos Forgets His Lyrics

After Lazaro flubbed his lyrics during a group number with Burnell and Devin, he was bombarded with criticism by Nicki. However, in spite of her harsh words — she told him to “get off the stage” — the singer remains positive. He told HollywoodLife.com, “I’ve gotten to the point where I worry about the people that love me no matter what, so if that’s how she felt – so what. I love her regardless and she knows that.”

He also reflected on his March 20 performance, where he let his emotions take over. He said, “I think I learned last week that when I walked off the stage I promised myself that I would never cry on national TV in my life. And that the past was past. So the song went bad and so what? I can’t go back, I felt good about my 1st song so I hope that the people watching vote based on that song rather than the group song.”

Burnell Taylor & Devin Velez Insult Lazaro Arbos

Lazaro may still have love for the “Va Va Voom” singer even after her harsh words, but he also took some flack from his buds. Burnell, Devin, and Lazaro came together to sing “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch).” When asked if his feelings were hurt after the guys called him out for his messy performance, Lazaro was a little confused. He said, “Um, when did they call me out?”

Regardless of whether Lazaro was aware of the diss or not, he certainly had a rough night.

Do you think Lazaro will be able to control his emotions on the next episode, HollywoodLifers?

WATCH: Burnell Taylor, Lazaro Arbos, and Devin Velez Perform “I Can’t Help Myself (Sugar Pie Honey Bunch)”

– By Tiffany Gagnon, Reporting By Russ Weakland

More ‘American Idol’ News:

1. American Idol Recap: Nicki Minaj Tells Contestants: ‘Get Off The Stage’
  2. Nicki Minaj Considering Quitting ‘American Idol’ After Season 12
  3. Mariah Carey Looks Better Than Ever In Cutout Gown On ‘American Idol’

Ashoncee

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 18, 2013

But is he going to be on national tv ever again, that is my question

Speri Droubioti

Posted at 9:07 AM on April 9, 2013

Reblogged this on Life is Music.

karin

Posted at 4:12 PM on April 6, 2013

Lazaro is awesome to look at. The greatest voices ever.

Sherry Laird

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 5, 2013

The guy is tone deaf or just plain deaf! Yea, I feel sorry for him because he has a disability but that’s NO excuse to keep him on Idol! He’s terrible! Sings off key, forgets lyrics, Lets other people cover for him when in a group—I mean really! WTF! If he’s still there next week, I’m not watching any more! Go home Lazaro!!

Sal Jensen

Posted at 11:15 PM on March 29, 2013

He is the best singer on idol and you guys just need to accept the fact and don’t you dare tell him to man up his voice touches my soul and he doesn’t need to change himself to suit you people he is perfect and amazing the way he is thank you very much

Danielle

Posted at 12:52 AM on March 30, 2013

Are you kidding me? He’s the worst out there! Groups and Solos! He has good heart but he really isn’t that great…. People keep him there just because of pity.

calahan

Posted at 8:34 AM on March 29, 2013

man up

yvonne jimenez

Posted at 9:34 PM on March 28, 2013

he is not that grate, I am shocked at the votes to keep him on .Devin Velez is a much better singer I love when he sang somos novios in english and spanish . I felt it in my soul .

chat

Posted at 4:00 AM on April 14, 2013

i know that you cant understand Filipino but here’s what i say kahit ngayon lang ako nag comment ngayong april 14 ……alam niyo mga tao dapat tigilan niyo na ang pag sasalita ng ganyan sa kanya cause i know some of you talagang baka may pagkaselos rin kay Lazaro dahil magaling siya ……..imbis pinagsasabihan niyo siya ng masama dapat possitive nalang upang sa gayun he will strive more na makayanan niya pa ang ibang bagay na kanyang mararaanan…………….I’m sorry if some of you didn’t understand what I said…