Sarah Simmons Will Beat Judith Hill & Win ‘The Voice’

Wed, March 27, 2013 2:17pm EDT by 35 Comments
Sarah Simmons Judith Hill The Voice
Courtesy of NBC

Even though season four of ‘The Voice’ has just begun, I strongly believe there is no one who will be able to out-sing 22-year-old Sarah Simmons.

It looks like it’s all Team Adam this year on The Voice. When Sarah Simmons took the stage on Tuesday, March 26, she quickly convinced me with her version of “One of Us” that — even with the breathtaking performance on March 25 from Judith Hill – Sarah will win this season. Watch the performance below, and tell me if you agree!

Sarah Simmons On ‘The Voice': Why She’ll Get The Votes

While Judith Hill clearly has the talent and experience to be a successful performer, I think that Sarah’s voice will wow the viewers, just like it wowed the judges (and me).

Sure, it took a few minutes longer for the judges to hit their buttons — Adam Levine and Shakira turned after half a verse, and Blake Shelton and Usher turned the moment her voice got raspy before the chorus. By that time, though, Shakira was full on rocking out to the performance, fist pumping and all! Ultimately, all four judges were completely blown away.

Sarah is a 22-year-old student living in Nashville, Tenn. Orginally from Birmingham, Ala., she never sang back up for Michael Jackson (or anyone, for that matter) and she didn’t have a huge back story, besides that she had an adorable dad who was crying backstage throughout her performance. However, her huge voice made up for anything you may have thought was missing.

Her relatable and extremely approachable personality will make the viewers continue to vote for her week after week. With the help of Adam, she will go from a shy girl with an amazing voice to a full-blown superstar.

Sarah Simmons Has What It Takes To Win

When singing a rendition of Joan Osborne‘s “One of Us,” Sarah started off with a soft tone — a tone that could easily sing country, pop or even blues. Then, while in the bridge, she brought out the rasp and rock and roll in her voice, causing the crowd to go crazy!

Her audition proved that she can be a star, no matter what genre she’s singing. With Adam as her coach, it’s likely that he’ll have her try out every genre — from classic rock and country to jazz or pop.

Don’t get me wrong, Judith Hill is tremendous. Her experience has clearly taught her how to be an amazing performer, and it’s no surprise that the judges fought to get her on their team. Somehow, Adam captured the best two singers The Voice has ever seen!

However, when it comes down to the fans’ votes, Judith will fall off. She’s already a star, and has the confidence to become one on her own. Sarah has the voice of a star, but no other way to get recognized.

Now, all I’m waiting for is a Sarah-Adam duet. A collaboration of their voices would undoubtedly be a perfect mixture.

Do YOU agree, HollywoodLifers? Will Sarah Simmons be the winner of ‘The Voice’ this season?

WATCH: Sarah Simmons Singing ‘One Of Us’ On ‘The Voice’

– Emily Longeretta

More ‘The Voice’ News:

1. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Sarah Simmons Has All 4 Coaches Begging
  2. Shakira Loses Out On Top Acts On ‘The Voice’ Premiere
  3. ‘The Voice’ Recap: Judith Hill Crushes Competition, Wows All 4 Coaches

Bill

Posted at 11:16 PM on June 6, 2013

I just love when a reporter’s predictions turn out to be dead wrong. Sorry Emily Longeretta. Sarah and Judith were both eliminated on the same night last week! I liked Sasha all along, and I’m rooting for her. But Shakira has to watch it with the song choices for her, because Sasha’s voice doesnt lend well to all songs. And I hope Shakira wins it so she can boast that she has won her very first season, so when Christina comes back and boots Shakira off the stage, and although Christina has been a coach for 3 seasons, she hasn’t won once yet! Maybe keep Shakira??

Yourealoser

Posted at 1:36 AM on May 22, 2013

Awww…well hopefully things turn out better with your prediction. Your strong belief should be losing some strength, I mean, Adam did have to save her and all.

May

Posted at 7:22 AM on May 7, 2013

Simply baffles me what you have against Judith Hill – good on her for her past opportunities (working with Michael Jackson and others) – you shouldn’t be holding this against her. I think she is super talented and her versions of “What a girl wants” and “Always on my mind” were truly amazing. I thought this was a “talent” quest??? If people like Judith Hill are “too experienced” to be on this show, then the producers should have have made this criteria clear from the start. So if it’s okay with them, I don’t see why you have a problem with it, Ms. longeretta. Just because you have a clear favourite doesn’t mean you should denigrate another.

ddf

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 6, 2013

OK…granted Judith is a beautiful woman…with a beautiful voice…but I don’t know why being a backup singer for Michael Jackson you wouldn’t already have the doors open and why the voice?? I really don’t think this is right.and I’m voting for Sarah…she rocks..

Liz

Posted at 1:53 PM on May 5, 2013

I think Danielle Bradbury will win. She is totally AWESOME!

Dan

Posted at 10:23 PM on April 22, 2013

I think Amy Whitcomb will win this because the raw vocal power she has is unmatched by anyone in this competition (even Judith and Sarah).

pattu

Posted at 12:31 AM on April 16, 2013

judith hill was amazing as was the girl who sang Price Tag and the one who sang Tiny Dancer Sarah had a good voice but shes gross to me not style sorry

ddf

Posted at 10:56 PM on May 6, 2013

Really???

zyggie

Posted at 2:35 PM on April 13, 2013

Sarah was good BUT, not AWESOME like Judith Hill. Hopefully, Judith will win, so far, she should.

Jonathan

Posted at 4:15 PM on April 2, 2013

Judith Hill hands down. You also have to account that she was hand picked by Michael Jackson. Those who have seen the This Is It DVD, have seen her and love her. Add the DVD, plus her duet with Michael Jackson, plus her singing at his Funeral, plus her awesome voice, and plus her testimony and integrity, she’s HANDS DOWN the future winner!!!

just saying..

Posted at 11:13 AM on April 2, 2013

um, it’s just the blind auditions, which, hasn’t really being counted for the real deal. Sarah does have an incredible voice, but i think you’re just over-reacting it. remember last season, a lot of people thought Trevin was going to win, but in the end, it wasn’t. so until the live shows arrive, let’s all keep our opinion to ourselves, shall we?

Nicky

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 31, 2013

Judith Hill. Hands down.

Chris

Posted at 7:52 PM on March 30, 2013

Wow! They are both awesome and I love Daniel Bradbery! All winners!

Liz

Posted at 1:54 PM on May 5, 2013

I think Danielle Bradbury will win. She is totally AWESOME! GO DANIELLE

Chris

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 30, 2013

Wow Judith Hill was awesome and so was Saeah! And I LOVE Danielle Bradbery… All winners

Mo

Posted at 11:51 AM on March 30, 2013

Hey Emily, I think you just aired your personal opinion without clearly stating why Sarah will beat everyone else and win the competition other than hoping that the fans will choose her because she is relatively unknown and will perform well when coached. And you believe that Ms Hill will not equally perform better when guided as well? or anyone else for that matter? You seem like an amature in your chosen field and you do not sound like a very insightful person. People like you always believe you can influence public opinion when you clearly do not have what it takes to do so. Judith Hill is a better singer than Sarah Simmons and that is very obvious to any objective human being. And I’m not really sure that there is any amount of coaching that would change this basic fact. I believe that both singers will achieve success if they choose to go any further than just competing on the voice. However, unlike you, I do not cheer for anyone to win, and I will vote for whoever I believe have done well to earn my vote, but I wouldn’t be irrational about it. May be that is what you should do too.

msmb

Posted at 1:42 AM on April 1, 2013

Judith has previously been coached and mentored–she’s already at her peak, whereas Sarah will undoubtedly get even better with the benefit of coaching. And to say Judith is objectively a better singer is ultimately meaningless–perhaps technically she is, but music is about emotion, and Sarah’s nuanced and varied presentation gave me and a lot of other people goosebumps.

Mo

Posted at 11:55 AM on April 1, 2013

To say that Judith has peaked is clearly a blind argument and I doubt you understand music very well. Sarah is good and I will never take anything away from her, but to be very objective about it, I do not see her beaten Judith by any stretch. Sarah would like Judith prove that she isn’t one dimensional singer as well if we have to follow your argument. Unless of course you have seen her sing some where else, your claim is baseless. People may vote for Sarah based on perception of an underdog, but Judith isn’t that much older than her and they both started singing way early in their childhood, so it has been a question of opportunity as life presented it. She could make a call and get a deal, but her decision to follow a different part isn’t bad either and it’s actually much easier for her to make that call and get a deal that the part she has chosen and that’s her decision. My hope is that they will all do fine.

Mikala

Posted at 12:22 AM on May 16, 2013

You say ‘Music is emotional’ and that Sarah has that ‘emotion’ but you forget that connecting to music emotionally is also a very personal thing. Judith Hill does it for me, she moves me emotionally, soulfully, I connect with her…Sarah doesn’t, I don’t connect with her at all. It’s all very personal. They are both undoubtedly amazing singers, Judith’s voice and style just speak to me, i would buy her record, I wouldn’t buy a Sarah Simmons record, and it goes the opposite way for you. So yeah music is a personal thing..no better or worse..people love Celine Dion ..I just don’t get that- I love Sly and the fam stone ;) let’s just keep our opinions balanced and in perspective, and just vote our favorites in.

Stan

Posted at 8:59 AM on March 30, 2013

Judith Hill is a naturel. Michel jackson did not pick her for nothing for his last concert.

jenn

Posted at 10:13 PM on March 31, 2013

While Judith Hill may be “a natural”, she also is going to have to prove she is more than one-dimensional. Sarah clearly has the power and sensitivity – a potent combination – to cover multiple genres with an emotive and captivating voice.

It’s also really annoying that Judith could probably, in all reality, make one phone call and launch her own career, but has accepted to audition on The Voice instead. It may have seemed an “easy kill” for her with her resume and skill, but I don’t think she factored in beautifully wild cards like Sarah Simmons.

Hope Sarah knocks Judith on her butt. Judith is clearly talented and clearly thought she was taking the path of least resistance, and I have a feeling she’s in for a wake up.

Jem

Posted at 7:15 PM on April 1, 2013

Your comment is a bit confusing. I like both artists and how I’d vote depends on their future performances. However, your comment regarding being in the contest means taking the path with the least resistance, I believe, is not true. As you have said, there are wild cards that would make it harder to win. Won’t the presence of them make the contest unpredictable? If so, this would make it harder for Judith to win. Furthermore, according to your comment, the path of least resistance would actually be making a phone call to launch her career.

dustin

Posted at 7:40 PM on March 29, 2013

Sarah Simmons, wow. 78percent think she will win. An American Nadel. This girl can produce hits period. She stunned me and I do not get stunned. I have never wanted to be any bodys number one fan, but I do now. Tell me how. I luv her want to meet her, work for her, hehehe

Kay F Hoffman

Posted at 3:20 PM on March 28, 2013

I have become obsessed with her version of the song. I even went and bought it on iTunes and I have never bought any song there before. I can’t wait to hear what she sings next. IMO Sarah has already won the show.

Lisa

Posted at 1:47 PM on March 28, 2013

Sarah Simmons…winner no doubt. Posted it on my FB as soon as I heard her. Wow!

Tracie

Posted at 8:52 AM on March 28, 2013

Wow, what else to say about Sarah Simmons!!! I first heard her unbelievable voice on the Rick and Bubba show on my way to work. Her song gave me chills and is so incredible. I have never watched one minute of the Voice, but will now, just to hear Sarah sing. She is absolutely correct, this voice is a gift from God and that is where she got that wonderful ‘peace’ right before she stepped onto that stage.

Tina

Posted at 8:08 AM on March 28, 2013

I called it too! I know she will, she moved me to tears, I play the video just to hear the song all the time. Great voice Sarah deserves to win.

Ali

Posted at 4:18 AM on March 28, 2013

Sarah lives in Memphis Tennessee- just knew you would want to be accurate. And- Yes- she has true humility and deep heart that people long for in a gifted person. She’s not trying to merely entertain, Sarah wants to bring hope and inspiration to people. Like Dylan, Joan Biaz and Joani Mitchell- That’s what we all need, not jut another rich performer putting on a show but someone who understands life’s struggles and believes one can rise above ..

jenn

Posted at 12:18 AM on March 28, 2013

As you’ve seen already from the comments below, Sarah lives in Memphis (901 gotta represent!) And she’s not shy :) She’s genuine and sweet and humble. She’s about to blow America away.

David

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 27, 2013

Sarah is living in Memphis TN not Nashville! Oh well, Team Adam!

Heather

Posted at 7:06 PM on March 27, 2013

It’s true. Sarah is a student at Visible Music College in Memphis, TN. Represent!

Micah

Posted at 1:55 AM on March 30, 2013

I’m going to Visible this fall. From my short visit there last year, I could tell there was something special about that place.

Here’s hoping Sarah goes all the way. God bless!

Chris Otterson

Posted at 6:31 PM on March 27, 2013

She from Memphis, not Nashville.

jenn

Posted at 12:19 AM on March 28, 2013

“She from”… :) so you

Linda Bell

Posted at 4:07 PM on March 28, 2013

I don’t agree with you its too early to say. Lets see how both perform down the line.