Nicki Minaj Considering Quitting ‘American Idol’ After Season 12

Wed, March 27, 2013 3:10pm EDT by 55 Comments
Nicki Minaj Quitting American Idol
Courtesy of FOX

JL

Posted at 12:00 AM on May 2, 2013

If Nicki keeps threatening to kill people, well, she should be in jail. She is rude to her the other judges. Keith can’t stand her..Randy just tolerates her..If she was such a Mariah fan when she was younger, why does she treat Mariah awful? Nicki get off Idol and bring back J LO or Steven Tyler.

Richard

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 17, 2013

She is jealous of Mariah because Mariah has talent and Nikki doesn’t. Please not Tyler back again!

Sk

Posted at 2:14 AM on April 25, 2013

Nicki’s voice just irritates me, gives me goose pimples. She is so damn rude and has no manners, guess her mum did not teach her good manners. She is the far most an idiot, and fit to be a judge in any shows. she is so selfish , she thinks she is pretty. She looks like an idiotic cartoon, so daft and stupid. Please for godsake remove her from american idol , I have since stopped watching the show this season just because of nicki dicky sticky or whatever !! Used to be my favorite show , not any more. Please bring back Jlo, simon and the rest . I would stay glued to the TV. Nicki dicky , you silly woman !! do me a favor , kindly remove yourself from American Idol , gracefuly and let it run the way it should be. Please please grt out nicki , nicki …sounds like a name of a silly cat!!

Richard

Posted at 3:39 AM on April 25, 2013

Bring back Simon? He is a rude, arrogant, pompous A**hole.

Cecilia

Posted at 3:44 PM on May 15, 2013

Maybe he is, but at least he is qualified and knows what he is talking about. Nicki is a selfish cartoon doll. I’m amazed that she got so far in the business.

P40mendoza

Posted at 1:36 AM on April 25, 2013

Nicki should leave after this season. She is honest but annoying and I think Jennifer Lopez did a better job the last 2 years she was here. I hope Jennifer comes back to American Idol otherwise the numbers might go down even more next year.

Deb whiting

Posted at 10:51 PM on April 24, 2013

I can’t believe I’m saying this but … Nicki is the best judge by far.

Nicole

Posted at 1:36 PM on April 19, 2013

I love her personally BUT not on this show.

Richard

Posted at 8:03 AM on April 13, 2013

Nicki should have gone when she said she would. She is so annoying! BTW, Jennifer Lopez was on for 2 seasons, not one.

Patricia Daniel

Posted at 8:21 PM on April 12, 2013

Nicki is fantastic on Idol! She has musical knowledge, is full of personality like last year’s Steve Tyler with all his comments full of wisdom and hilarity…..she’s the female version! Mariah has been the diva with less personality but musical knowledge as well. The four judges are great and let’s hope all four will return. What needs to change is those old fogey theme nights of artists some of these kids have had no connection with in their musical history….some are too young to have known them and what they like to sing needs to be a priority, not old past dated music.

vicky

Posted at 6:23 AM on April 12, 2013

Love Nicki Minaj! Not only is she very entertaining, she is always spot on with her critiques and she does not waffle on and on and on :) My husband sometimes would only watch a snippet of the actual performance and fast forward to the judges’ commentary because “I want to hear what Nicki has to say”:) She is the new Simon Cowell on the panel.

brenda

Posted at 12:28 AM on April 12, 2013

I almost didnt watch idol this year because of nicki and Mariah , I REALLY didnt like either one, but now that they have grown on me- I would miss Nicki next year if she didnt come back, she can be rude, but most times she is very honest and helpful with what she says being right on the mark.

Bob

Posted at 2:06 PM on April 11, 2013

Niki is trash and shouldn’t be on idol

Kimberly

Posted at 11:37 AM on April 11, 2013

Ok… you’re teasing. It is painful to watch AI this season because of Nicki Minaj. She is an idiot. She has the manners of a donkey, she speaks tothe contestants with condescension & rudeness, insulting most of them & ridiculing the others, except for her chosen few. Even Randy & Mariah have buddied up with her to over-exuberantly push through “one of their own” this season. I wouldn’t be shocked if half of these singers end up in therapy after facing Nicki Minaj with her critiques full of nastiness. If she comes back as a judge, I refuse to watch her butcher these kids on another season.

November

Posted at 8:52 PM on April 11, 2013

I am with you will sop watching idol for ever if she comes back. I have missed many show this season because she is such a rude black Barbie

becky

Posted at 9:25 PM on April 12, 2013

Not to mention her extremely annoying voice. We tape the show and fast forward through her comments. good riddance!

Bernard

Posted at 5:53 PM on April 7, 2013

Although I wasn’t a fan of Nicki in the beginning , I have been won over by her wits and spot on views on the contestants’ performances. I hope she will be back for Season 13 and beyond!

Jean Deluca

Posted at 2:58 AM on March 31, 2013

I love Nicki on Idol/ She is smart, quick witted honest and speaks from the heart, she has earned my vote Best judge ever.

Junk