Denny Hamlin Tweets Health Update After Crash: I Don’t Have Good News

Wed, March 27, 2013 12:01pm EDT by 9 Comments
Denny Hamlin Health
Getty

John Anderlie

Posted at 6:30 AM on March 29, 2013

Denny CAN recover, if he is given enough time to heal. I had the exact same injury, 12 years ago.
It was the most painful thing that I ever experienced, and it happened in a car crash. Compression fracture of the L1 vertebrae. If he isn’t rushed back into a racing car too soon, he can heal up and lead a normal life, including racing. At least it happened to him when he was younger than I was, so he may heal up a bit quicker. After 12 years, I still feel NO back pain from my injury. Don’t let ANYBODY rush you into a race car. It may take 2-3 MONTHS before you feel normal again, but take your time. A back injury is nothing to mess around with. You will lose muscle tone, due to the lack of physical activity, so you will have to do some exercises to get back into shape in about 2 months or so. Hopefully, there is no disc or nerve damage, that is probably the biggest fear. I had to wear the “turtle shell” back brace for about a month and a half. Hang in there Denny, I think you will be fine. You still have a lot of years left to race and live.

margaret

Posted at 6:11 PM on March 28, 2013

Have watched for years. You r the best. Thoughts and lots of prayers for you. Take care and be well soon.

barbara

Posted at 1:28 PM on March 28, 2013

Hope you get well soon praying for you

Lu Smith

Posted at 8:46 AM on March 28, 2013

You’re the best!!! If anyone can get thru you can!!!Watching won’t be the same without you!!! Take care of you!!!Sending Angels!!!

Bob

will he ever return?
I HAVE MY DOUBTS.

so what?
there is more!!

Michelle Walsh

Posted at 1:06 PM on March 27, 2013

I hope Denny can come back to racing. He’s a great driver!