‘Once Upon A Time’ Recap: Tamara’s Connection To Storybrooke Revealed

Sun, March 24, 2013 9:15pm EDT by 30 Comments
Once Upon A Time Tamara
Courtesy of ABC (2)

Rod Mason

Posted at 8:24 PM on August 20, 2013

You think Tam is the princess and the frog?

Mike Hyde

Posted at 10:05 AM on April 3, 2013

I think the Mad Hatter is too Quiet!
The big episode is still to come. “How did henry get to Story Brooke?” There is obviously a character that can leave Story Brooke even with curse. Remember Henry was born outside of Maine.

Gyrra

Posted at 1:50 AM on April 1, 2013

It think the introduction of Tamara was designed to be long term.
We know that Neverland is the direction the producers are going.
I suspect that Tamara has nothing to do with Neverlalnd.
She isn’t magical (her words) so she isn’t Tinker.
She said she had been all over the world looking for magic.
The possibility she is related to Wendy (as another user suggested) exists,
but I think her relation is to “Dorothy”.
There have been a couple references to OZ already, and yet noone has been introduced.
“Poppy seeds used to put the giant to sleep”
“slippers that let people move from non-magical to magical lands”

Dorothy wasn’t magical and neither would be her granddaughter.

Angela

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 26, 2013

OK. Tamara is not magical. She even said it herself.
Its got me thinking though, what if someone she loved died because Of magic? And thats why she wants to destroy it. Obviously, Owen and Tamara have a past. And they are in love with each other, and Owen told her of Story Brooke and what happened…

Kat

Posted at 10:10 PM on March 26, 2013

Even if Emma and Neal’s relationship were key, I don’t think August would know that. I think he was just excited about the possibility of Emma getting back together with Neal because he feels guilty about having separated them in the first place. He’s wracked with regret about what he’s done wrong with his life.

Jeter

Posted at 7:21 PM on March 25, 2013

I think that Owen is Peter Pan , if you think about it , and I think Tamara is Jane, Wendy’s granddaughter… That’s why her most treasured object was a picture with her grandmother, and I think her grandmother is Wendy.

TVang

Posted at 9:03 AM on March 25, 2013

The villains on Once Upon A Time seem to just keep coming. Personally, Cora was my favorite, but Tamara could be a lot of fun to watch once I understand better what her intentions are. The last few weeks I’ve been working nights at DISH so I have a few episodes to catch up with, including last night’s. This week I’m going to start catching up during my commute in to work using the DISH Anywhere app on my iPad. It lets me stream OUAT, or any other show on my DVR, anywhere I go with access to the internet available.

TheKnightOfLight

Posted at 8:56 AM on March 25, 2013

Loved this episode!! So many unanswered questions!!! I think neal has to be a lost boy and thats how he knows hook and never aged for a long time. Part of me thinks that maybe Tamara is Tigerlilly perhaps? Or is she perhaps someone evil that we have overlooked!? Is she Ursula in human form maybe!? They have hinted Aerial coming in season 3 and there was the mermaid lagoon in Neverland….. 3 week break though is so annoying! This is why so many shows lose ratings…. you get loads of episodes and then a month break! I’ll be waiting though as I love this show SOOOOO much!!!

debra

Posted at 8:18 AM on March 25, 2013

Thanks for a while I. Thought it was just me they put new people in the story and forget about the old ones from season one. And the new charters make no sense. I hope we don’t see. Bea so call fiance. Or the ild man or the son and father that came to town in season three.

Jar

Posted at 7:25 AM on March 25, 2013

Loved it! Wish August stayed old! Do you think “the dragon” was from ftl maybe the Sultan from Aladdin? Also, Tamara looks like Jasmine. What do you think?

jamescruz027

Posted at 5:55 AM on March 25, 2013

Isabelle. if you think Herbert`s st0ry is neat… on tuesday I got a new Land Rover Defender since I been earnin $7752 this past 5 weeks an would you believe $10,000 last munth. this is definitely the best-work I’ve ever done. I started this four months/ago and straight away startad earning at least $86… per/hr. I follow the details here,………. BIT40. ℂOm

Ann

Posted at 5:00 AM on March 25, 2013

Is Owens dad the man in the basement of the hospital sweeping floors where Regina kept belle??

CeCe

Posted at 8:47 AM on March 25, 2013

I said the same thing to someone.

Mike Hyde

Posted at 9:48 AM on April 3, 2013

No they were doing a reference to “one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.” The staff was perfect! The man pushing the broom I think his name was Chief

abe is doing it?!!

Posted at 12:29 AM on March 25, 2013

………..the bridge on the river kwai?

debra

Posted at 12:07 AM on March 25, 2013

I did not like today stroy line to me it wss a wsste . I am tried of new people comeing on the show that makes no sense. Now we have robin hood what next count. Dracula. Stick to the story line. You took to good evil characters and try to make them good. The stroy line for me now is getting broing I hope. In the next couple of episode you. Will bring back the real magic.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:34 AM on March 25, 2013

The first season introduced a new fairy tale person every week. I think this season’s been pretty good about spacing them out.

nikki

Posted at 5:42 AM on March 25, 2013

This.

These new people don’t even have functional stories and just show up for a while. I could tolerate Owen, but Tamara has no functional explanation outside of her connections (which are flimsy, at best). She believes in magic! But yet we don’t know why. She wants to steal(?) it, but we don’t know why.

For having “left August” in a gutter, she sure is a big stalker.

Are the writers even paying attention to what they’re writing? It’s like they gave up this season and thought it’d be fun to toss in every random hook (hohoho, because they did) to make something interesting. And they failed.

bookwormgirl99

Posted at 11:13 PM on March 24, 2013

OO boy Robin Hood is coming .. eeek!
a crop of beans ? a giant ? good grief who else is coming to this storybrooke?
yes i think emma and neal suppose to be together
that way henry has mom and dad .. grandma and grandpa (snow and prince charming)
ya i was surprised that pinochio was little boy – again
i dont know where this Tamara came from what character is she?
and Owen will never find his father ? why?

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:36 AM on March 25, 2013

I’m curious about Tamara. I want to know how she met Owen and why she’s working with him. She says she’s not magical, but she could be lying.

Shi

Posted at 2:00 PM on March 27, 2013

Im thinking, Bae is Peter Pan… think about it, in the disney version, Hook and Peter are enemies, and in that one episode Bae said that ” hes been in other lands, or else he would have been really old by now” so he probably knew how to sail a pirate ship because he was probably in Hooks land and was feuding with him there because of his history of stealing his mother away from daddy Rumpelstiltskin….. also it wouldn’t surprise me if Tamara was actually Tinkerbell in disguise who is just trying to get rid of magic somehow so it forces “peter pan/bae” to stay with her…. lol ok im getting imaginative now

Kelly

Posted at 10:49 PM on March 24, 2013

I was glad to see August back. I wish they kept him an adult. I was a fan of his character and his friendship with Emma. I’m also rooting for Emma and Neal. I look forward to either Rumple or Emma kicking Tamara’s butt.

Andy Swift

Posted at 12:35 AM on March 25, 2013

I liked August a lot, too. I say “liked,” past tense, because I guess we’re only going to be seeing him as a little boy now … except in flashbacks.

fan_o_fantasy

Posted at 9:49 PM on March 24, 2013

It was a pretty good show. It just proves my point: they are all leaving storybrook at the end of the season for a new land(s). The development of a new evil chica and the existence of the annoying Owen are pushing the plot into a corner. The writers have to move onto a new land.
With a field of beans it could mean that different characters are transported to different lands. The thing to keep an eye on is destination of Cora’s crypt.

BTW – a stun gun taking out magical people? It can’t be a regular stun gun and I guess this is a the producers way of introducing diversity. She is Tiana from Disney’s The Frog Princess.

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:22 PM on March 24, 2013

Good call about them leaving Storybrooke, especially since we’ve gotten all those spoilers about Neverland.

As for Tamara being Tiana… you never know. ;)

Franklin

Posted at 9:50 PM on April 14, 2013

No, Tamara is the daughter of Cinderella’s fairy godmother that got wasted by Rumplestilskin. She wants to kill magic because it killed her mother or sent her away? Not sure how she got out of the curse. Perhaps when Rumple wasted the fairy godmother she was actually sent to our world and Tamara was born here with a hatred of magic??

debra

Posted at 3:32 PM on April 20, 2013

Ture so far what you said makes a lot of sense

Whitmey

Posted at 9:47 PM on March 24, 2013

I am rooting for Emma and neal

Kelly