Selena stunned when she arrived at the 2013 Kids’ Choice Awards! Keep reading to see how to get her pretty punk braid!
Selena Gomez looked adorable and age-appropriate at the March 23 Kids’ Choice Awards, wearing a light blue top and cute white shorts. But we absolutely loved her wavy brown hair, braided faux-hawk, a pretty pink lip and green eyeliner! Read more about her beauty look below!
Last year, Selena had shoulder-length hair that she wore in soft waves. She kept the waves for 2013, but her hair was about 10 inches longer!
For some extra rock edge, Selena braided her hair, creating a faux-hawk effect on the top of her head! It looked so cool!
Selena Gomez’s KCA Hair — Get The Exact Look
To get the look, Celebrity hairstylist Angelo David of Angelo David Salon in New York City tells HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY:
“1) Prepare hair for styling by applying the Angelo David Zero Frizz Control and Foaming Sea Silk Styler onto wet hair.
2) Begin blowdrying sections of hair with a large round brush.
3) Take the top section of hair around the crown area, create volume using a teasing comb, then use a medium sized Angelo David paddle brush to bring it all back before securing with a small elastic band.
4) Create soft waves with the rest of the hair using a 1″ or 1.5″ inch barrel curling iron for each small section.
5) Take the top section and separate into three sections. Braid and secure with a clear elastic band. Push up with fingers for some extra volume.
6) Run your fingers through hair to break the waves then finish with a medium hold hairspray.”
Did you love Selena’s hair and makeup tonight, HollywoodLifers?
— Dory Larrabee
More Kids’ Choice Awards News:
- Kristen Stewart’s KCA Hair & Makeup — Bella’s Beautiful Braid
- 2013 Kids’ Choice Awards Hair & Makeup — Selena Gomez, Katy Perry & More
- Kids’ Choice Awards Winners 2013: Kristen Stewart & More — Full List