Horror As Mom Watches Teen Robber Kill Baby, 13 Months, Before Her Eyes

Fri, March 22, 2013 1:38pm EDT by 14 Comments
Teenage Robber Kills Baby
Courtesy of CNN

A mother’s worst nightmare came true in Brunswick, Ga. after she watched a teenage mugger coldly shoot and kill her baby boy on March 21. Keep reading for the heartbreaking details.

Sherry West spent the last 13 months loving and caring for her beautiful baby boy, Antonio Santiago, with the baby’s father Louis Santiago, but sadly, that came to end on Mar. 21, when an adolescent robber shot her son dead.

Teenage Robber Kills Baby

Sherry said that she was taking a stroll near her home in Brunswick, Ga. with Antonio in a stroller when two juvenile boys stopped her and one ordered her to give them money. She claims she told them that she didn’t have any to give, but that that didn’t settle well with the two boys,

“He said: ‘Well, I’m going to kill your baby’, and I said ‘Please don’t kill my baby,'” Sherry told CNN affiliate WAWS.

Sherry Tried Desperately To Protect Her Son

Instinctively, Sherry thought to try to protect her baby from whatever might happen next, but it wasn’t enough. Her baby was killed and she she was wounded in the leg.

“I put my arms over my baby and he shoves me and he shot my baby right in the head,” Sherry continued.

Both of the young robbers immediately took off on foot without any of Sherry’s money or property, she told the police.

Baby’s Dad Can’t Understand Why Someone Would Kill His Baby

Louis, Antonio’s father, wasn’t there when the crime took place, but he wishes he was. He wishes he was there to have taken care of his son and shield him from everything.

“But why my little one?” asked Louis in an interview with WAWS. “You know, you should have just taken the pocketbook and go.”

Police & Mayor Speak On Baby’s Murder

No weapon has been found yet, and Brunswick police are offering up a $10,000 reward to anyone that can give information leading to the shooter. The mayor, Bryan Thompson, spoke out about this situation and the horrible occurrence that took place.

“This is obviously just a terrible day in the city of Brunswick,” Mayor Bryan Thompson told reporters on Mar. 21, “and made even more terrible by the senseless killing of a young child. And it appears perpetrated by children themselves.”

Such a tragedy. We hope the killer is found and arrested soon.

Daily Mail

– Rachael Ellenbogen

More tragic HollyBaby News:

1. 11-Year-Old Having Baby After Repeated Rapes by Man, 21
  2. Sandy Hook Killer: Saw School Children As Easiest To Kill
  3. 2-Year-Old Shoots Himself With Gun From Mom’s Purse

Hildegarde

Posted at 1:09 AM on September 12, 2014

Thanks in favor of sharing such a good idea, piece of writing is fastidious, thats why i have read it completely

Teodoro

Posted at 8:11 PM on June 13, 2014

I like it when people get together and share views. Great blog, continue the good work!

Justice-Rainger

Posted at 10:15 PM on May 24, 2013

What an ugly woman.

Justice-Rainger

Posted at 10:11 PM on May 24, 2013

Hey you idiots can you think before writing such fake? It’s a fake story and it never was real. Think twice before believing everything. I know the author – he writes such stories for money and then sell them to newspapers and web-sites.

me

Posted at 8:54 PM on March 24, 2013

Does the government not realize this is their fault!! Get rid of the Childrens aid its becuz of that program us parents have no rights to displine bad behaviors befor it turns into this

Wanda

Posted at 9:13 PM on March 24, 2013

@Me. I don’t give a flying bleep about children’s aid program. If my kids step out of line myself and their dad will put them right back in it.
I will not be afraid to discipline my kids, because the government says I can’t.
I am not abusive towards my kids I have two, a 20 yr old boy and a 11 year old girl.
The boy is now in college living away from home. He knows how he was raised with morals and not to be a follower.
My daughter is an honor roll student and doing great.
I just taught my kids right from wrong, and let me know what can happen if they go down the wrong path.
I will not lie, cover-up or put myself in harms way if they want to go out in the streets and do something stupid.
If they are defending themselves then I’m in all the way if not, don’t look for me.
They know right from wrong, if they choose to forget that it’s on them.

morekare

Posted at 12:49 PM on March 23, 2013

THE ROBBER AND HIS BUDDY NEED TO SUFFER AND THEN BE EXECUTED!!!! THIS CRIME IS BEYOND DESPICABLE!!

Donny

Posted at 11:45 AM on March 23, 2013

He should suffer shortly before a bullet is placed in his head.

Moe

Posted at 6:36 PM on March 22, 2013

Sick fuk, I hope you die soon like yesterday

Damn!

Posted at 6:29 PM on March 22, 2013

That’s messed up!

Wanda

Posted at 6:27 PM on March 22, 2013

This is probably not true but I’m getting a bad vibe about the mom. Don’t ask me why, I just hope if she’s telling the truth they find those thugs and lock them under the jail.
What sense does it make to shoot a baby. I also hope that if she really did have money that she would’ve given it up.
No amount of money is worth your life.
R.I.P. little Antonio.

Gianni

Posted at 8:36 PM on March 22, 2013

I got the same vibe

Brookie CookieBizpage

Posted at 6:32 PM on March 23, 2013

I was thinking the same thing! I would be unconsolable, like sedated! But she packed up the baby’s clothes and things and gave them to charity. didn’t this just happen 5 minutes ago??? I hope she is in no way involved, RIP baby!

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 6:06 PM on March 22, 2013

MAKE HIM SUFFER THE REAT OF HIS LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!