Stephen Amell Confirms ‘Fifty Shades’ Meeting — Is He Christian Grey?

Fri, March 22, 2013 10:40am EDT by 33 Comments
Stephen Amell Fifty Shades Of Grey
SplashNews, FameFlynet

Could the ‘Arrow’ star be our ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ leading man? Posting a video message on his Facebook, Stephen admitted that he’s already had a meeting about being in the movie! Keep reading for all the details.

Stephen Amell, star of The CW show Arrow, revealed to all of his fans on Facebook that he’s “had a meeting” about the Fifty Shades Of Grey film adaptation. Is he Christian Grey? He does have those steely blue eyes!

Stephen Amell: Is He Christian Grey

“I get questions about Christian Grey all the time,” Stephen opens up in a personal video message — one of many — that he posted on his Facebook on Mar. 21. “The project is a long way off,” he continues, his blue eyes gazing into the camera.

“I know this, because I had a meeting about it. Long way off. I mean, not that long, but not close. I wouldn’t call it long, but I wouldn’t call it close.”

Stephen’s coyness along with the fact that he admitted he’s actually had a meeting about the movie lead us to think that he might be playing Christian Grey! He wasn’t at the top of our list for potential actors to play the role, but now we can actually see it.

Anastasia Steele: Who Will Play Her?

Meanwhile, the search continues for Christian’s partner, Anastasia Steele, though it looked for a hot minute like the part had been cast. A report last week on Mar. 15 claimed that hackers obtained film studio documents confirming Emma Watson was playing Anastasia.

That all turned out to be false though, as Emma tweeted her own amazement at the rumor’s absurdity. “Who here actually thinks I would do 50 Shades of Grey as a movie? Like really. For real. In real life,” she first tweeted on Mar. 16, followed by the tweet, “?” and one more saying, “Good. Well that’s sorted out then.”

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Could Stephen be Christian Grey? And if not him, then who?

WATCH: Ian Somerhalder To Play Christian Grey In 50 Shades Of Grey

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’ News:

1. Ian Somerhalder Hints At ‘Fifty Shades’ Role — Is He Christian Grey?
  2. Kristen Stewart ‘Creeped Out’ By ‘Fifty Shades Of Grey’
  3. Robert Pattinson: I’m Playing Christian Grey In ‘Fifty Shades’ Film

James.PH

Posted at 5:28 AM on April 12, 2013

He doesnt deserves to be Christian! Henry Cavill is the best actor who can play Christian Grey! Even the top 5 contender is not suited fot that role! by the way. i’ve done this already. check out frinzee.com and make your calls official

Eva

Posted at 3:01 PM on March 28, 2013

Every name out there right now is like “Jello” (average). And what we all want is Creme Brulee…we are never going to get Creme Brulee.

lisa

Posted at 4:28 PM on March 24, 2013

chris hemsworth as christian???

lisa

Posted at 3:59 PM on March 24, 2013

what about the copper hair that Ana is always talking about…..

i think it would be a mistake NOT to make it like it was in the book.

lisa

Posted at 4:23 PM on March 24, 2013

Ana–
if they were to darken emma’s hair or even get selena gomez’s innocence (my hubby recommended her) then that might doable
i don’t like some of the other different choices for her. i think they need to look for innocence, pale skin and darker hair. blue eyes (contacts if need be–don’t know if you can tell now-a-days with those)
Christian–
ian somerhalder has gorgeous eyes, but his hair color isn’t right which means if they do a scene with stubble on his face–they would have to incorporate that cost as well
Jake has the color of the hair, eyes…..
as far as body, i have no idea.

on a personal note
(my hubby won’t read the book but friends who know us says he christian and i, ana, for lack of comparison (i am considerably shorter than he, brunette but with brown eyes, and the skin doesn’t match–i am pale but i shouldn’t be if i would be out more)….
i have my own ‘christian grey’ that matches the bill…. (except the money)–met by accident, has taught me ALL sorts of things…., wants to keep me safe, give me all he can, and frustrated by my ill mistakes (being young and unexperienced…lol)

missy

Posted at 3:30 PM on March 24, 2013

CG IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE GRAY EYES ANA IS SUPPOSE TO HAVE BLUE EYES!

Shenei

Posted at 2:26 PM on March 24, 2013

IIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN SOMERHALDER!! <3 for Christian Grey!!! Yes please!

alida

Posted at 5:55 AM on March 24, 2013

Ho yes Please

Joce

Posted at 4:12 AM on March 24, 2013

Matt Bomer is the perfect man for Cristian Grey!!!

Judy

Posted at 1:47 AM on March 24, 2013

Yes,he could be great as Christian!!

asdfghjkl

Posted at 12:25 AM on March 24, 2013

The only person I can see and picture as Christian Grey is Matt Bomer. I think he has the talent, skill and looks for the part. If he doesn’t get the role as Christian then my second choice would be Ian Somerhalder. As for Anastasia, I think Alexis Bledel.

IHeartLux

Posted at 8:20 PM on March 22, 2013

OMG! I love him from Arrow! He would be the perfect Christian Grey!

Briel

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 22, 2013

I have to say for sure I would love to see Ian somerhalder as Christian Grey annnnndddd Alexis bleidel (did I spell it right) anyway as Anastasia Steele!!! That’s who I picture in my mind when I read the book!!!

JRoc85

Posted at 3:33 PM on March 22, 2013

I still say Ian Somerhalder (Damon, TVD) or Alexander Skarsgard (Eric, True Blood)!!!!!!!!!!

Be serious

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 22, 2013

Ian somerhalder! Come on! His mysterious bad boy face is perfect!

Appy

Posted at 2:48 PM on March 22, 2013

I think he would make a really good Elliot.

Lola

Posted at 12:54 PM on March 22, 2013

gaspard ulliel, people! trust me on this!! google the guy! GASPARD ULLIEL

Like him

Posted at 12:50 PM on March 22, 2013

yes i like him and can see him as Christian Grey , like him in Arrow . He can potray strength and vulnerability

JJ

Posted at 12:44 PM on March 22, 2013

I can’t see Ian as Christian at all. Stephen Amell is a little better but I see him more for Elliot than Christian. It’s hard to pick a perfect Christian. Liam Helmsworth maybe.

jennifer

Posted at 12:14 PM on March 22, 2013

Ian is the only actor I want to see as Christian Grey. If he doesn’t play the role, I probably won’t see the movie and I’m 50 Shades obsessed..

( Linda )

Posted at 12:04 PM on March 22, 2013

I think Lucy Hale should be Anastasia Still.She’s amaizing.

smiley4better

Posted at 12:02 PM on March 22, 2013

Reblogged this on Smiley for better ( new day, new life…. new beginning) and commented:
Ian Somerhalder!!!!! WOOOW WOOOW WOOOW!

Kara

Posted at 11:57 AM on March 22, 2013

I am currently reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I had no idea a movie was in the works but I thought to myself if there was a movie who would play Christian Grey and I thought Stephen Amell would be perfect! So I am glad to hear he is being considered for the part.

muhmmadranadsf753

Posted at 11:41 AM on March 22, 2013

If you think Jason`s story is incredible…, five weeks ago my sister in-law also actually earnt $4286 grafting a ninteen hour week an their house and there friend’s mom`s neighbour done this for 6 months and errned over $4286 part-time at Their laptop. the steps from this address… ,, ……… BIT40. ℂOm

princess

Posted at 11:36 AM on March 22, 2013

I think he is better suited for this role. He def looks like a Mr. Grey to me. Iknow some think ian is, but ian looks nothing like a Christian Grey if you read the books. He does good in his tv role as a vampire, but I don’t think he can make that big of a transition into this kind of role. Not that is is a bad actor, he certainly is not to say the least. He is good looking, but not the kind of looks or acting for this role is what I personally think. I am sure he would be a good actor in film as well tv sitcom, just not this role. Don’t get offended fans of ian, it’s just my take on it. But I like ian and have nothing against him.

Lola

Posted at 12:52 PM on March 22, 2013

THANK U!! They have to consider that the bunch of fans who want Ian as Grey are the same girls who watch TVD, and they will not be allowed in the movie theater

rita

Posted at 11:10 AM on March 22, 2013

there is only one person for that role ian

LIz

Posted at 2:11 PM on March 22, 2013

I love Amel in Arrow. But I also love Ian. either one will be good but I still prefer Ian.