Farrah Abraham: I Was ‘Sick,’ Not Drunk Night Of DUI Arrest

Fri, March 22, 2013 4:32pm EST by 12 Comments
Farrah Abraham DUI Interview
Courtesy of Twitter

The ‘Teen Mom’ star was picked up for a DUI after an alleged night of St. Patrick’s Day partying, but the 21-year-old revealed what really went down the night she got arrested! Read on to find out what happened.

Farrah Abraham, 21, was arrested for an alleged DUI on March 18, and police say her blood alcohol registered at a .147 — nearly twice the legal limit in Nebraska. But the Teen Mom alum reveals in a new interview that what’s written in the police reports is not the full story! Read on to find out what she said.

Farrah opened up to InTouch magazine about the night of the arrest, and her alleged out-of-control behavior in the cop car.

“It was St. Patrick’s Day and I was out with my sister. I did not plan to drink because I was sick, so I took the role of being in charge and making sure my sister and I would return home together and safely,” Farrah, tells the magazine. “At 10 p.m., I tried to leave, and at that time, my sister was not ready to leave, so I had been sipping on drinks to pass the time.”

Farrah Reveals How She Got Arrested

Farrah says a police officer approached her as she was parked in the car, which is a different account than the police report, which alleges she was driving and swerved and nearly hit a cop car!

“When I was parked, a police officer asked me what I was doing, so I told him I was worried about my sister and I was trying to go home,” she continues.

“They insisted on the regular questions and asked me to get out of the car. I got out of the car, and because I was upset, I yelled. Because I’m sick, I could not give an accurate breathalyzer test, due to coughing and shortage of breath,” she adds — again, different from the police report which alleged that she “put her teeth onto the tube and didn’t provide a sufficient sample.”

But Farrah isn’t too worried about her legal record. “I have a lawyer and all will work out with my ticket,” she tells the magazine.

We’ll have to see how that all plays out!

What do YOU think of what Farrah’s account of the night HollyMoms? Do you think it’s accurate? Let us know in the comments below!

– Christina Stiehl

More Farrah Abraham News:

1. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham’s Erratic Arrest Behavior Revealed — Report
  2. ‘Teen Mom’ Farrah Abraham Arrested For DUI
  3. Farrah Abraham Defends Waxing Baby Sophia’s Eyebrows

Taren V

Posted at 12:30 PM on September 28, 2013

Christina – It’s amazing how all of these teen moms are able to afford plastic surgery and go out partying and create another generation of dysfunctional children who have to deal with their parents not taking responsibility.

It takes a lot more to be grown than to get pregnant and pick up a drink.

Taren

JJ

Posted at 11:26 AM on March 24, 2013

She’s a lying POS. The problem with so many of these stupid teen moms is that their idiotic parents keep bailing them out and making excuses them. I’d love to see one of these parents grow the hell up and cut the cord. Jesus, this stupid twat is going to be 40 before she’s expected to start being responsible.

Eva

Posted at 7:08 PM on March 23, 2013

What a complete idiot.

Take responsibility for your stupid decisions. Maybe then your fans will trust you again.

She should not be taking even ONE drink and getting behind the wheel of a car! Especially at her age and weight, she can not tolerate the alcohol. An alcohol level that high can’t possibly be a “fluke”.

The police report is the one to believe. They have video cameras on the cruisers. The person writing up the report would not only hear the cop’s account, they’d see it on video. She’s got to be incredibly stupid to think she can get away with lying about something like this.

Rachel

Posted at 7:48 AM on March 23, 2013

Does anyone smell that? I think her pants are on fire!

Even if her account of the story was most accurate, it still begs the question: Why did she drink at all? Sipping on drinks is still drinking. Furthermore, it’s not often a cop wastes his/her time getting out to ask what someone in a parked car is doing unless they’re in an empty parking lot or something. Even then, it’s probably only a dedicated/bored officer who would do so. Lastly, as someone who has a terrible immune system and spends more time sick than healthy, I highly doubt she was unable to blow into the breathalyzer because she was sick. I’ve had bronchitis so bad before that I’ve cracked ribs from the intense coughing and I probably still could’ve done it. If anything, the coughing would just follow afterwards – not during.

stefaneeeee

Posted at 8:32 PM on March 22, 2013

i love how these girls who had babies as teenagers.. are still not grown up!!! wow could you imagine where they’d be if they DIDN’T have kids?! they’d be about as mature as 12.

Chel

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 22, 2013

Can just about guarantee her PR made up that story to cover her butt but I ain’t buyin it.

Farrah,
You did wrong so face the consequences just like the rest of us have to & own up to your actions!! When your in the spotlight like that you know you can’t be doing reckless things like driving drunk. She messed up, now time to pay the piper. Theres no excuses for driving drunk, simple as that!

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 6:22 PM on March 22, 2013

SHE IS JUST LIKE LINSEY LOHAN THINKING SHE CAL LIE AND BUY HER WAY OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ

Posted at 6:07 PM on March 22, 2013

LOL ok you were sick!!!!!!!

Denise Martin

Posted at 5:41 PM on March 22, 2013

I agree with LaLa. Simple.

LaLa

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 22, 2013

Post the video from the squad car.

JBoogie

Posted at 4:52 PM on March 22, 2013

Could this b***h BE more stupid! Suuuure all the cops in Nebraska are lying and out to get you… must be because you’re soooo famous!! There’s no denying what she blew on that breathalyzer, no matter how many lies she tells to cover it up. #idiot

Micah Civils

Posted at 3:43 PM on September 20, 2013

I used to know this check that could turn her tears onj like a faucet when she was pulled over by the cops. Always got away with murder. Ironically enough she ended up hitting someone and killing them….