Click to Skip Ad
Closing in...

Ashley Greene Apartment Fire — ‘Twilight’ Star’s Dog Dies

Fri, March 22, 2013 3:56pm EDT by 9 Comments
Ashley Greene Apartment Fire
Courtesy of ABC, FameFlynet

How awful. The ‘Twilight’ star’s West Hollywood apartment caught fire on March 22, sending two people to the hospital and killing one of her dogs.

At 9:50 a.m. on Mar. 22, firefighters responded to a call at Ashley Greene‘s apartment in L.A.  According to TMZ, some of Ashley’s neighbors saw her brother and assistant going in and out of the apartment all morning before the apartment went up in flames. One neighbor claimed she heard glass explode in Ashley’s apartment right before the fire started.

Ashley Greene’s Apartment Fire: 55 Firefighters On Scene

Fifty-five firefighters gathered at the scene and put out the blaze by 10:07 a.m. “We made an aggressive fire attack,” L.A. Fire Deparment Inspector Johnson told Radar Online. “Our team saw smoke and fire coming from the third floor.” The Inspector also confirmed that two people were taken to the hospital, but would not release their identities.

Ashley appeared to be okay sitting in the lobby of the building with an unidentified male, according to an eyewitness. “They are covered in soot and are extremely distraught looking. Ashley and the guy are talking to fire officials right now,” the witness told Radar Online.

Ashley Greene’s Dog Dies In Fire — Poor Pooch

One of Ashley’s dogs wasn’t so lucky, and didn’t make it out of the apartment. TMZ reports that one of her dogs was in the apartment and died under the bed, while the other was taken to Animal Control. This is truly heartbreaking news, and we’re so sad to hear of the death of Ashley’s dog.

WATCH: ‘Twilight’ Star’s Apartment Fire

— Jenny Pickard

More Tragic Home Fires:

  1. Zayn Malik’s Apartment On Fire — One Direction Member’s Home Goes Up In Flames
  2. Madonna Badger Can’t Stop Crying A Year After 3 Girls Died In House Fire
  3. Mother Kills Her 4 Kids In House Fire While Burning Pics Of Her Ex-Boyfriend